1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Yesterday it was wax on/wax off all afternoon. 2 coats of wax and detailing the engine bay and interior. Now I am going out to finish it up by using chrome polisher on the muffler pipe, Back 2 Black on the pillars and front cowl. Then I am finishing up my Kids Choice presentation using this little guy as my focal point:

I also have a bonsai tree, a few Japanese dolls (from my old penpals from Japan) and I just won a trophy last weekend with a small globe on it. Thinking of putting Domo Kun on top of the world and a little word cloud with something about world domination! LOL! OK - maybe that would be a little over the edge!

Hope everyone here has a great TGIF and gets to the weekend fast.

Cat

Old 08-20-2010, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Another teaser

Here is another teaser with the J's lip on im loving the grill now
Name:  DSC_0001-3.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  140.8 KB

Old 08-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Looks good man! Needs a drop badly now though, that lip looks like a shin smasher!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up #11 ?

Originally Posted by Cat
Yesterday it was wax on/wax off all afternoon. 2 coats of wax and detailing the engine bay and interior. Now I am going out to finish it up by using chrome polisher on the muffler pipe, Back 2 Black on the pillars and front cowl. Then I am finishing up my Kids Choice presentation using this little guy as my focal point:

I also have a bonsai tree, a few Japanese dolls (from my old penpals from Japan) and I just won a trophy last weekend with a small globe on it. Thinking of putting Domo Kun on top of the world and a little word cloud with something about world domination! LOL! OK - maybe that would be a little over the edge!

Hope everyone here has a great TGIF and gets to the weekend fast.

Cat
Sounds like it's trophy time again 4 Mr. Fit

Old 08-21-2010, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member

Old 08-21-2010, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
^ NICE!

I gave it a good wash today and put in a couple of items that I don't want to forget when I leave for a drift event.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
I cleaned and painted my calipers so they look better with my new rims =)

Old 08-22-2010, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
Yesterday:
- Got a replacement A/C compressor. Finally no more "seventh circle of Hell" driving moments inside Aibo.
Name:  Photo0192.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  55.7 KB
- Drove to the Cultural Center of the Philippines and watched the penultimate day of "Cats" with my girl.

Today:
- Cleaned the interior. Swapped out my DIY Filtrete A/C filter, aired out the interior to remove the faint but pungent smell of durian, and checked fluid levels and tire pressures.

Couldn't help posting this though, I took this earlier this week. This is a photo I'd like to call "small, medium, large."
Name:  Photo0186.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  43.6 KB

Beside Aibo are a Toyota Avanza (middle) and a Toyota Fortuner (left).

Old 08-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Had a great time at the car show and my little cousin stopped by with his Grammy to visit:

We also got a Top 25 Award! Ok I did forget to mention that I was shutting down the back hatch when it did not look like it was going to close. Stuck my two fingers inside the lip of the hatch to pull it back up and reclose when WHAM! it shut on me. I could not get to the latch because my left 2nd and 3rd fingers where caught. I yelled for my friend Dave and he came to rescue me from the finger eating hatch. Lucky for me there is a nice gap in the 2007 Fit hatch and not flush with the metal, or it would have been worse. Just a couple of sore fingers today and not much bruising. I will never again complain about how that area allows water inside that you have to dry off anytime the car is washed!

Cat

Old 08-22-2010, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Ouch, you're the 3rd person that I've heard of getting attacked by their Fit. Maybe we need to start a thread about it.

As of right now, I'm lazily packing the Fit for today's event. Some people aren't courteous to help load stuff up. Kids these days...

Old 08-23-2010, 11:56 PM
installed a bunch of ebay leds;
cargo light
license plate light
dome light
and parking lights.
I'm so blinded from being a doh-doh and looking directly into them while installing.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
put in a new cabin filter the old one was dirty and full of bugs

Old 08-24-2010, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
stared at it in disbelief over the broken window, busted door, f'd up center cluster from some punk trying to get a stereo...

Old 08-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
Last night I went up to the RKC weekly meet. They had me park in the VIP section, a spot up front the RKC staff have cars they think are really cool park, so every one has a better chance of seeing them.

Towards the end of the night they called me over and on a megaphone and basic said they wanted to give me recognition and thought the boosted Fit was really cool and you probable will not see another one like it around here. They said they like seeing me out here and gave me some free stuff. I got a NOS shirt, NOS lanyard and a RK sticker.

This will give you a idea of the amount of cars there

Last edited by MNfit; 08-24-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by apexanimal
stared at it in disbelief over the broken window, busted door, f'd up center cluster from some punk trying to get a stereo...
That blows dude, I hope the cops catch the bastard that did that.

Today, I got a B1 & 2 service done as well as gotten the window switch recall done. It wasn't necessary for mine since I didn't get a letter, but my driver door's arm rest was loose so I figured they might as well. Gotta go back later to have my driver rear door's lock actuator replaced since it squelches whenever it locks.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Talking All Jacked up

Have been wanting to try the Ultimit Detailer by Meguair's and 4qt. of Mobil 1 syn. ATF for the MzFiT.
Driving the kids around and the rear tires rubbed soooo I added air to the shocks @ 70 psi no rubbing now and I can put 3 adults in the back seat going over rough roads and no issuses.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 08-25-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
Last night I went up to the RKC weekly meet. They had me park in the VIP section, a spot up front the RKC staff have cars they think are really cool park, so every one has a better chance of seeing them.

Towards the end of the night they called me over and on a megaphone and basic said they wanted to give me recognition and thought the boosted Fit was really cool and you probable will not see another one like it around here. They said they like seeing me out here and gave me some free stuff. I got a NOS shirt, NOS lanyard and a RK sticker.
Boosted Fits ftw

Just ordered the top mounted intercooler today morning, can't wait to get it on the car

Old 08-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
cleaned huge bird crap on the side of my FitS. at least it was on the glass so no paint damage.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Washed both cars, installed stickers for +5hp each.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Today, I got and installed a Zeta dead pedal.

Install was a pain in the arse due to the awkward angle I had to be at to get the hood latch screws. I had to lay the passenger seat flat, lay across both seats and the center console just to get in a comfortable position. In addition to that, the holes for bottom screw didn't want to line up so I ended up fighting with that for 10 minutes.

It is a worthwhile add on though, it'll come in handy for holding myself in the seat during spirited drives.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?