1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Electronic Beep Module from KP Technologies

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Electronic Beep Module from KP Technologies

I am tired of hearing beep-horn each time l lock my 07 Fit Sport and now I am ready to install this electronic beep module from KP technologies.

Has anyone ever installed this module before? How hard was it?

Also, could anyone help with 07 Fit wiring diagram?

Old 06-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Not a perfect match for the USDM GD3, but pretty close for the service manual: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual.htm

The wiring diagrams are in there.

Be aware that the fuse numbers are totally different, I haven't noticed different wire colors, but it pays to be cautious. ANY wire wrapped in yellow tape is for the airbags - stay away!!

Old 06-17-2011, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Try a 67 Cadillac horn it's more of a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP horn.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:33 PM
@kbri - hey thanks for the help man. I called KP they said that I need to find a way to disarm the horn(when lock is pressed twice). Any idea?

Old 06-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Try a 67 Cadillac horn it's more of a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP horn.
This may be a good idea as a last resort

Old 06-26-2011, 03:56 PM
*Disclaimer - this is one person's opinion on how to proceed. Ultimately it is your car and your decision on what to do. You are the only person liable for actions you undertake after reading this post.*

According to the diagram, there should be an orange wire running from the column horn switch to the horn relay. There will most likely be an orange wire running from the alarm control module (left side of fuse block, a bit higher and kinda tucked in) to the rest of the harness, which controls that beep.

If you see an orange wire, disconnect the battery (so as to avoid any possible computer damage/ issues), then find the horn relay. Use a multimeter to see if there is continuity (very very low resistance) between that orange wire and one of the horn relay coil contacts. (The other coil contact is hooked to ground.)

If you see good continuity, then what I would do is cut that orange wire near the alarm module, being thoughtful that you may need to use a splice to repair it later (so in a place with a couple inches).

Put the relay back in, hook the battery back up,(no keys in ignition) then tap on the horn button. You want a beep at this point. If it does not sound, you cut the wire too far from the alarm module and you'll need to repair it and try again closer to the module.

OK, so now you have a cut orange wire and the horn beeps when you hit the button. Now roll the window down (just in case) and use the remote to lock. No beep, great!

Tape up the cut ends so they can't touch anything and you're good to go.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:15 PM
If you hit the button once, the car is locked. If you hit the button a second time, it beeps.

Why not just hit the button once? The beep isn't an alarm arming or anything, it's just confirmation that the car is locked.