1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Camber bolts and rear shims

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 05:56 AM
5 Year Member
Camber bolts and rear shims

Hi there.

I have seen a few different camber bolts around
- Eibach
- Moog
- SPC

Is anyone able to comment on which are the pick regarding quality and range of adjustment?

Same thing with rear shims. Which have the finest range of adjustment options and best grade of plastic.
- SPC
- EZ
- AcDelco

I need to loose 2mm of toe in on the Left Rear, the Right Rear is bang on.
Does that mean I will need a 0 degree on the right (to keep the track center in line) and 0º18´ on the left?

Has anyone got any real world experience with trying to convert the degree figure into mm on 14"'s

Lastly is this the most relevant DIY?
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...er-mod-gd.html

All the best
Jason

Last edited by Jazzl13a; 10-14-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Hmm, haven't heard of Moog and I've heard (from a member that used to road race his Fit) that supposedly SPC's bolts are recommended for one time use only. Whether that "one time use" is per installation or alignment (which I doubt) is uncertain... I'd wait for someone to clearify that on the forum or e-mail the manufacture.

Haven't heard anything about Eibach's yet... Have heard H&R makes camber bolts as well. The strange thing is Eibach and H&R both produce lowering springs for the Fit that have identical characteristics in terms of drop and stiffness... SO if that theory is correct, then Eibach and H&R's camber bolts are basically the same.

Is 0 Degrees, 18 Minutes, and 0 seconds the specification for the rear toe on one side or is that how much that particular corner is off by?

Old 10-14-2012, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
Cheers Hootie.

Camber Bolts:
supposedly SPC's bolts are recommended for one time use only
Seriously? That would indeed be quite useless.

Rear Shims
My alignment shop gives me the rather esoteric mm values for toe. The Left Rear is running 2.6mm toe in the other side is right where I want it at 0.3mm toe in. I wan't to bring the Left out to about the same as the Right. Hence trying to figure out what shims to use for ~2mm toe out.

According to the "Conversion chart: Toe in mm to degrees" in http://www.andysautosport.com/additi...00-ins_web.pdf on 14" 2mm = 0º18´ I'm interested to hear real world experience on this.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

I'm guessing I should also use 0º shims on the Right side to keep the track even. Is this correct?

Thanks