2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

GE8 1.5L Supercharger Kit.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by sandblasted
i'm like shitting bricks.......i'm on a job right now, where i could actually make this happen, and have the money to do this by spring. i just hope that it will actually work......
If this fails to follow through for USDM, like so many others have, there are other ways. Contrary to popular belief, they actually work.

So if you do end up going DIY don't listen to nay-sayers who have never done it, or did it without educating themselves in the process.

I would be happy to walk you through this. There are 4 other members on this forum I have helped with their boosted setups, one of which has already dyno'd at 202hp and 190lb-ft on 10-12psi on a GE Auto and he drives it daily in 95-105*F weather (Jakarta, Indonesia) with no issues on crappy fuel..

If you have a shop that is remotely convenient to get to that owns a dyno I can help you gather everything you need, put it together and base tune it to drive to said shop for "proper" tuning.

Or I can point you to resources so you can tune yourself which would be ideal, really.

Though I don't see why this blower wouldn't work on our North American models.. it bolts directly to the intake after all and I don't see why they would change something that major between markets on an economy car. There may be a few odds and ends that would need to be tweaked or substituted but the main components should work.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-13-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters

Though I don't see why this blower wouldn't work on our North American models.. it bolts directly to the intake after all and I don't see why they would change something that major between markets on an economy car. There may be a few odds and ends that would need to be tweaked or substituted but the main components should work.
Exactly that is what I am thinking, I just love the design of a SC like this. The KWSC is nice but this thing just looks amazing and if I am correct it will allow you to use any type of intake because of its direct stock bolt on to factory air box according to the spec sheet. I am convinced this thing will rock, but what i am curious about is how the ecu will deal with this and if a piggyback or reflash would be necessary to really take advantage?

Old 02-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Exactly that is what I am thinking, I just love the design of a SC like this. The KWSC is nice but this thing just looks amazing and if I am correct it will allow you to use any type of intake because of its direct stock bolt on to factory air box according to the spec sheet. I am convinced this thing will rock, but what i am curious about is how the ecu will deal with this and if a piggyback or reflash would be necessary to really take advantage?

That is probably about the only real advantage to a supercharger on our cars vs. turbo.

All you need is the compressor, a belt & pulley, then the fuel and tune to support it.

So really all we need is to establish whether or not the parts to mount and drive the supercharger fit our cars, and then the rest is universal.

But be advised this is a positive displacement blower and it will behave distinctly different from either a Rotrex or a Turbo.

Because both the Rotrex and the Turbo are centrifugal compressors which rely on accelerating the air and slamming it against the compressor housing to create boost.

This device is forcing 0.59L gulps of air at time into the engine on top of what it would normally, or literally blowing the air like a fan that can produce pressure. So what you get is effectively a 2.1L engine with a supernatural VE through low and mid-range.

This is an oversimplification of course but basically what is going on.

There are pro's and con's to this setup of course, and whether or not you will enjoy it depends on how you drive it.

For street or autocross this could make for a real beast. For highway roll-ons or drag racing it would still pack a punch but towards the top it should start to fall off as the engine is catching up to the superchargers ability to deliver.

Power won't be as linear as a Rotrex and you won't have that "hit" and slingshot feel from a turbo, but this Sprintex will have a lot of grunt for passing power.

So for a lot of people here I think this could be a winner.

That is just my 2psi. And for $3 grand I think that is a good deal even if only 85% of the parts bolt up, this is ofcourse assuming the Sprintex is one of those aforementioned parts... ;D Especially when you consider KW wants $2200+ for just the Rotrex its self!

The real advantage to this Sprintex vs. the Rotrex is you have to wait till redline to see max boost on a Rotrex.

The Sprintex style S/C delivers full boost almost immediately, and by-passes the rest of the air as needed at low-rpms!

So the Rotrex might give you 5psi @ 3500rpm, and 10-11psi @ 7000rpm, but the Sprintex style should give you full boost right away and hold it almost all the way to redline.

But the Sprintex takes more energy from the crank than the Rotrex and a comparable size turbo only saps power in the form of restriction and backpressure.

The Sprintex will be about as efficient or slightly less than a Rotrex, and both are inferior to a Turbo in terms of efficiency on pump gas.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-13-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 PM
looking at the GE pdf again...
the msrp is stated in USD and not AUD so that alone is very exciting (unless of course that it is a typo or just a document intended for US readers)
have a local friend in AUS that I'm trying to contact to bring more info from the guys at Sprintex... here's hoping....

Old 02-14-2011, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Good read as usual DSM. I just can't wait for this thing to come through!

Old 02-14-2011, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Good read as usual DSM.
Agreed. Sounds like one of these is exactly what would suit a daily driver.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by hayden
Agreed. Sounds like one of these is exactly what would suit a daily driver.
^^^ that...

Old 02-14-2011, 03:10 PM
@DiamondStarMonsters: I would love to hear more of what your thoughts on how the sc is installed to fit in our usdm...

usdm fit

installed jdm fit

sprintex pdf

thanks!!!

Old 02-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
@DiamondStarMonsters: I would love to hear more of what your thoughts on how the sc is installed to fit in our usdm...

usdm fit

installed jdm fit

sprintex pdf

thanks!!!
There is a guy in Kerala, India I am helping turbo a JDM Fit who I will send those pictures to, but from other diagrams and parts I can find it looks like that is the right bolt pattern for the lower intake manifold section and as long as that pulley and bracket clear.. well thats all you need really. Looks like that arm tucks behind the alternator.

So let me see what I can find and then hopefully some of the other FF members looking into this that have contacted Sprintex get some feedback as well!

Off to look at JDM GE intake mani's...

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-14-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
The installation of that thing looks ridiculously simple. Definitely something the slightly above average Fit Freak or village idiot could figure out and do.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Would the kit being designed for a RHD make any difference?

Old 02-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Koi
Would the kit being designed for a RHD make any difference?

That is one of my concerns but I am 98% confident that the engine and accesories are in the same configuration.

I just can't imagine them changing any more than they absolutely had to between markets on a car this inexpensive.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:30 PM
usdm fit

jdm fit

maybe if a jdm owner would post a better pic...

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 02-14-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
usdm fit

jdm fit

maybe if a jdm owner would post a better pic...
The only difference I can see as far as the main engine components is the position of the brake fluid reservoir. That is of course purposely ignoring the main differences like windshield fluid reservoir, radiator support position, hood latch assembly...based on what is visible.

Based on the images, it looks as if this should be a direct bolt on to usdm as long as there are no surprises we cannot see.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
The only difference I can see as far as the main engine components is the position of the brake fluid reservoir. That is of course purposely ignoring the main differences like windshield fluid reservoir, radiator support position, hood latch assembly...based on what is visible.

Based on the images, it looks as if this should be a direct bolt on to usdm as long as there are no surprises we cannot see.

Well, since the JDM nose is shorter, I am wondering if they have re-arranged where any of the accessories sit on the front of the timing case..

Old 02-15-2011, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
oh this makes me anxious. my sweet fuck. i just think having this would make the fit so much more fun. the weather warmed up here last night (-3 to + 2) and the car was reacting awesome. i'm still hoping. i'll be one of, if not the first in canada with this. any canadian's wanna hop on and split shipping? lol

Old 02-17-2011, 06:34 PM
New I had good reason to come back to the forums after a while. Hope all goes well with this coming to the U.S.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
so has anyone heard back from them? its been just about a week since i emailed them, and no reply yet....kinda slack.....

Old 02-18-2011, 07:33 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
moved to correct forum

Old 02-18-2011, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
seems like another dead end or what?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GE8 1.5L Supercharger Kit.