2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

09 fit with sound system single din

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by seannopak25

i have infinity kappa 63.9i all around , its 3 ways on top of each other , i want to get a tweeter mount like you do but dont wanna cut into the door , do u know if its possible to replace the oem one on the dash? as for sub i have single in the back too but the box is not ported and a lot smaller , just standard size, urs must be hekka loud lol
not bad not bad
looks nice, yeah i am changing my to double din when i save up some money. I will still be using the OEM panel though.
Im sure you can replace the tweeters on the dash as long as you get the correct size, I do not know the specific measurement in there so can't help you there.
lol yeah my is ported...its loud =)...but it can be much louder...lol =D
im underpowering my sub.....

Old 08-18-2011, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
is that a metra kit for the single din?

Originally Posted by seannopak25
u know i was gonna go single din too but i think the bottom space kinda bothers me a bit , i was gonna do like eq and such to close the bottome tray but decided to go with double din instead, here's what i did

then i changed to this

anyways i used the metra dash kit, paid $55 shipped ( got them from ebay ) comes with antenna and wire and harness , not too bad , i was gonna go with the oem honda but not sure about the bracket , o well i think im gonna repaint the dash trim and the upper glove box too , maybe a lil darker metalic i think , i dont know give it a lil meaner look

the thing about the metra is it comes with single din first , if u want double din u're gonna have to cute the lil plastic piece , once u go double u cant go single , well with a lil mod u can i guess , just keep the piece that u cut away

i have infinity kappa 63.9i all around , its 3 ways on top of each other , i want to get a tweeter mount like you do but dont wanna cut into the door , do u know if its possible to replace the oem one on the dash? as for sub i have single in the back too but the box is not ported and a lot smaller , just standard size, urs must be hekka loud lol

Old 08-20-2011, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SteveInNC
Sorry, no offense intended, I just had visions of a Fit sitting at a stop light with the windows rolled up and the body panels bulging out with the beat. I have a friend that is a professional installer and competes in sound competitions, but it's usually with things like full-size SUVs.

As a caveat to others, 141 db is significantly above the level that causes permanent hearing damage with short-term exposure, and is above the threshold for pain.

And my CRX was louder, of course proper ear protection as well as common sense will save your hearing. I like it loud, but I also don't blast it this loud all day everyday.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:20 PM
i got a bigger system

Old 10-22-2011, 04:23 PM