2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Install bluetooth kit in steering wheel?

Old 06-18-2010, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Install bluetooth kit in steering wheel?

I have an '09 sport non-navi Fit. I'd like to get a bluetooth car kit installed. I was looking at this one, the Parrot CK3000. The little control unit looks like it might just fit in the spot on the steering wheel where the audio controls would go, on the left spoke.

Assuming it would physically fit there, how would I go about running the wire from the control unit through the steering column to the brains under the dash? I've never tried running wires from a steering wheel before, and I'm having visions of a long wire wrapping itself around the column as I make a turn...

Think this is something that might be possible? I'd love to have the bluetooth controls on my steering wheel for easy access. Would I be better off looking into retrofitting the OEM bluetooth controls somehow, and hooking those up to an aftermarket bluetooth system?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I would personally try to get the OEM parts to work, but it gets REALLY expensive considering its just a few buttons.

That being said, if you're comfortable with opening up the steering column, you could do something inside. A simple version is to run the wire through the opening of the reel assembly. The more complex option is to USE the reel assembly like the OEM wire and then run wires from there.

The reel assembly is there for all steering wheel wires so they don't twist as you turn the steering wheel.