2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Do you have Katzkin Leather in your FIT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Question Do you have Katzkin Leather in your FIT?

Hi guys/ladies,

A friend of mine has a car interior company here in Wilmington, NC. He's ordering a kit for me at his cost plus is going to cover the doors with leather where there is cloth to make the interior more uniform. My question is... If any of you guys have the Katzkit leather in your car, please share pix if you dont mind.

Thank you,
Des

Old 04-24-2014, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
There is (was?) only a handful of people who went the Katzkin route... I even made a poll about it. lol.

The majority went with Clazzio's (myself included), mainly due to the pretty good quality/bang for the buck, and ease of installment... for the price you really can't beat them.

The Katzkins I've seen installed are a notch above... better quality (full leather option, iirc), they are much harder to install as you have to remove the factory fabric & secure the Katzkins w/ hog clips (much fun.. lol). But they are also several times more expensive than the Clazzio's (even the leather center option ones).

You might be able to see some of the old pics of them installed if you search the threads.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
There is (was?) only a handful of people who went the Katzkin route... I even made a poll about it. lol.

The majority went with Clazzio's (myself included), mainly due to the pretty good quality/bang for the buck, and ease of installment... for the price you really can't beat them.

The Katzkins I've seen installed are a notch above... better quality (full leather option, iirc), they are much harder to install as you have to remove the factory fabric & secure the Katzkins w/ hog clips (much fun.. lol). But they are also several times more expensive than the Clazzio's (even the leather center option ones).

You might be able to see some of the old pics of them installed if you search the threads.
Well being that im bound to a wheelchair (notice my signature ;-)), the Katzkin price included install. The Clazzio people wanted 250-300 to install which puts it at the price close to full leather Katzkin w/ leatherette doors. I'll check out old threads.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
I know you're in a wheelchair... I figured maybe some one would help with the install... I did my neighbors for free. If you were around me I'd definitely install them... maybe some other local fitfreaks?
$250-$300 for the Clazzio install??? Wow... that's a lot.

Trust me... I was on the edge, I almost went with the Katzkins... they look great, and the price reflects it... but they're better than the Clazzios (if money wasn't an issue).

One thing I'd recommend (whichever route you go) is to decide if you want heat/cooling (they can install fans at an extra cost) before the install... I didn't want heating... but now I will probably install it (which means I gotta pull up the Clazzio's) eventually.

Last edited by FitStir; 04-24-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
I know you're in a wheelchair... I figured maybe some one would help with the install... I did my neighbors for free. If you were around me I'd definitely install them... maybe some other local fitfreaks?
$250-$300 for the Clazzio install??? Wow... that's a lot.

Trust me... I was on the edge, I almost went with the Katzkins... they look great, and the price reflects it... but they're better than the Clazzios (if money wasn't an issue).

One thing I'd recommend (whichever route you go) is to decide if you want heat/cooling (they can install fans at an extra cost) before the install... I didn't want heating... but now I will probably install it (which means I gotta pull up the Clazzio's) eventually.
Being in the southeast, i never even used the heated seats in my 08 Acura TL so wasnt doing heat. I found no threads that had pics of Katzkin. The free cover the doors pretty much made me go with katzkin at the leather store here. If Clazzio offered door panel cut-outs to cover the cloth for a stock look, i'd may have gone that route.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
..... I found no threads that had pics of Katzkin.....
Here ya go.
Quick search cause I'm busy at work....

Originally Posted by Honda247
Found this at my dealer today. Thought i share.....

Here's some more links
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-interior.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...t-leather.html
Honda Fit Katzkin Leather Seat Upholstery, 2011, 2012, 2013 | ShopSAR.com

I figured you didn't need the heat... but maybe the cooling fans.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:47 PM
katzkin leather seats

My slightly used 2013 Honda Fit Sport has katzkin leather seats. I don't know a lot about them. Here are 2 photos.

Name:  JHMGE8H51DC0375277_zpsea81dd88.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  40.8 KB

Name:  JHMGE8H51DC03752715_zps426b2cd3.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  36.0 KB

Last edited by bulldogtrekker; 10-04-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: reposted photos
Old 03-19-2015, 09:24 PM
katzkin leather seats

Does anyone have any idea what the cost was for katzkin leather seats? My slightly used 2013 Fit Sport came with katzkin leather seats installed by the dealer and when I bought the car 18 months later neither Katzkin or the Honda dealer would tell me what they originally cost.
Basically I bought the Fit Sport at a good price and the leather seats were thrown in; the salesman didn't want to talk about them and I knew they weren't available on 13 Fits.

And here is a picture of the interior with my armrest extension.

LINK:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...gen-sport.html

Name:  P8230121_zpsxmgvywta.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  68.2 KB

Last edited by bulldogtrekker; 03-19-2015 at 09:41 PM. Reason: added link; and added word LINK
Old 03-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Your seats still look really nice. Have you had any cracking or anything? I've been researching the Katzkin seats and have info ranging from $679 to almost $1000. Here is a thread from a Subaru forum:
Moooo... Hello Katzkin!!! - NASIOC

Whats up with all these Carolina FitFreakers wanting these? I'm really digging the Autumn colored ones for my black Fit. Anyone else have Katzkin seats?

Old 03-20-2015, 12:54 AM
Wow who found my almost year old thread? I'm going the save money route and doing PVC Clazzio kit. I just cant see spending 800 for full leather in an economy car. I just wanted that warm smell of leather. I'll just clean them with leather conditioner/cleaner to give my that ambience on the cheap lol. I'll have extra cash to get intake/exhaust.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Glad you like them. No problems with the leather seats. I have owned the Fit Sport for 6 months. I have used Mother's Leather Tech Moisture infusion cream once. I have never owned a car with leather seats and didn't know the car had leather seats until I saw the car just before the test drive.

The Suburu forum was interesting, thanks.