2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

avic f90bt in 09

Old 01-01-2009, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
I'm planning to install myself.

(1) Pioneer avic f90bt
(2) Metra 70-1729 harness
(3) Navigation center panel from Honda
(4) Not hooking up reverse lead - no plan for backup camera
(5) Not hooking up parking sensor- use hardware bypass. I am not planning to watch DVD while I'm driving. But at least passenger can watch.
(6) Speed sensor lead should be incorporated in Metra harness
(7) GPS receiver - put on dash. Any suggestion how should I hide as much wire as possible?
(8) mic - on ceiling above rear view mirror. Any suggestion how should I hide as much wire as possible?
(9) USB connection - I guess just route it to existing USB upper compartment, I hope it is not difficult.
(10) mounting bracket for head unit suggestion?
(11) Do I need antenna connection adaptor, what kind?

Did I miss anything other than cash?

Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
um. since its only 100 install i wouldn't complain about the 30 total on the ipod thingy but its soo easy. all he has to do is drop it in your glove box and you can hide the ipod in the glovebox. He shouldn't charge but it seems like a good price over all to me. Since its the 900 its just pioneer so it only has a 1 year manufacturers warranty. Which is fine. And the 30 days thing he was talking about is nice too.

Looks good. I'd say go for it. like i said just ask if he included bypassing it and if he will do it. most local shops do.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Angry Damn local Honda dealer!

TWICE, I ordered the NAVI panel from my local Honda dealer this week via FEDEX for overnight delivery so that I could get my Pionneer unit installed.

The first time, it didn't arrive on Friday when I had my headunit install scheduled and I raised holy hell. They offered to order another one overnight for Saturday delivery. They told me it would arrive around 10:30 to 11 am this morning. I show up at 11 am and it's not there!

Bunch of dumba$$es! I still have the part on order from Bernardi, which I'll get next week. I'll never order anything locally again!

I guess the good in all this is that I'm so pissed at them that I've decided to install the whole thing myself and save $150 bucks.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jrlnc
I'll never order anything locally again!
That's ridiculous! These days dealerships should be especially thankful for any and all business...guess they'll never learn. I would put your experience in the dealer review section of FitFreak.net as well: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/hond...ealer-reviews/

Originally Posted by jrlnc
I guess the good in all this is that I'm so pissed at them that I've decided to install the whole thing myself and save $150 bucks.
Awesome! Good luck man! I don't have much advice/experience for your specific install, but one thing I noticed my installer do is to use a lot of shop towels during the install. Whenever he would pop anything off my dash the tool would have some microfiber between it and my dash. When the dash was half apart and hanging down, there was always microfiber there. Just something I wouldn't normally think of that really makes a difference in keeping a "clean" install.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Day Old Sport with Nav Wants Bluetooth! (and Back Up Cam)

Just brought my Fit home last night and really loving it. Wish it had factory bluetooth without ripping out the nav system I just bought with the car. Ideally it would integrate into existing screen and a back up camera would be even better.
In a perfect world the whole deal would sync with my Mac. Calender, Address Book. Any smart hacker have the answer(s)?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:04 PM
One thing PC users can do but not macks

warning strong words not for the easily pissed off

One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't...

and yes I BLACKOUT feel this way, www.Fitfreak.net is not responsible for me posting this but i feel it has to be done check out the puns one too and sorry for getting off topic

Old 01-05-2009, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackout
one thing pc users can do but not macks

warning strong words not for the easily pissed off

one thing pc users can do that mac users can't...

and yes i blackout feel this way, www.fitfreak.net is not responsible for me posting this but i feel it has to be done check out the puns one too and sorry for getting off topic

..............lmao

Old 01-05-2009, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by petermike
Wish it had factory bluetooth without ripping out the nav system I just bought with the car. Ideally it would integrate into existing screen and a back up camera would be even better.
Yeah, I agree... I wished it had bluetooth, played movie DVD's, had a back up camera, and some other things too.

Hopefully some one finds a full hack for the Navi. If not it seems in a few years I will upgrade the unit with an aftermarket Pioneer, as long as I can integrate it with the steering wheel controls.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by vwli
I'm planning to install myself.

(1) Pioneer avic f90bt
(2) Metra 70-1729 harness
(3) Navigation center panel from Honda
(4) Not hooking up reverse lead - no plan for backup camera
(5) Not hooking up parking sensor- use hardware bypass. I am not planning to watch DVD while I'm driving. But at least passenger can watch.
(6) Speed sensor lead should be incorporated in Metra harness
(7) GPS receiver - put on dash. Any suggestion how should I hide as much wire as possible?
(8) mic - on ceiling above rear view mirror. Any suggestion how should I hide as much wire as possible?
(9) USB connection - I guess just route it to existing USB upper compartment, I hope it is not difficult.
(10) mounting bracket for head unit suggestion?
(11) Do I need antenna connection adaptor, what kind?

Did I miss anything other than cash?

Bump in case anyone has had any breakthroughs to answer vwli's questions. Getting the stuff together to try to do this myself, and trying to work smarter instead of harder.