2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Secret Compartment Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 03:00 AM
haha, I have a lot stuff I can put in there. I have a few pairs of sunglasses, digital camera, microfiber cloth, tire pressure air gauge (not the pen one, an actual dial-type gauge), Toll Card.

the upper compartment houses my ipod, usb stick and pen...but I will put my insurance card in the glove 'cause it's dumb if you get pulled over to have to get out of the car to get to the secret compartment...if you lean back in the car, they might think you're gett'n ""something else"....

Originally Posted by jojabis
okay if you take the manuals out of the glove compartment what do you put in there?? I just thought that is where those things were stored, you know for when your cruzen down the highway and an idiot light comes on you lean over fish out the book to figure out if you should panic, while swerving across 2 lanes??

Old 01-28-2009, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by L15A
haha, I have a lot stuff I can put in there. I have a few pairs of sunglasses, digital camera, microfiber cloth, tire pressure air gauge (not the pen one, an actual dial-type gauge), Toll Card.

the upper compartment houses my ipod, usb stick and pen...but I will put my insurance card in the glove 'cause it's dumb if you get pulled over to have to get out of the car to get to the secret compartment...if you lean back in the car, they might think you're gett'n ""something else"....
Funny you should say that. A couple of days into my ownership of this car I got pulled over. I told the cop I had my registration/insurance card in the back and he was like, "huh?", but proceeded to back up and away from me as I opened my door, opened the back door and flipped up the seat. I'm sure he was very uneasy with what I was doing. He let me go anyway.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:05 PM
<i>"I opened my door, opened the back door and flipped up the seat."</i>

hahahaha...it's one thing if it's in a door compartment or something..but "under the seat!?!?" hahaha..I'm sure that cop's heartrate was around 200 bpm....

Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Funny you should say that. A couple of days into my ownership of this car I got pulled over. I told the cop I had my registration/insurance card in the back and he was like, "huh?", but proceeded to back up and away from me as I opened my door, opened the back door and flipped up the seat. I'm sure he was very uneasy with what I was doing. He let me go anyway.