2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Why do people really try to race fits???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
...I look back in my rear view mirror and he is flipping me off...ha ha...
He showed you that you were #1. Nice.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by awptickes
What really gets me laughing, is when I do engage, there's about a 50% chance that I'm faster than the ricer.
All it takes is one good corner, and most cars just fade a bit behind

Old 06-10-2009, 06:52 PM
its the new HOTT thing out now so
everyone tryna test the waters lol
+ majority of the people thing oh god its another honda
like the bubbles or coupes,... & try & sh*t on fits soo they wanna mess around

Old 06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
LOL... I never noticed tilll after I lowered it everyone thinks it is fast!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
The Fit looks fast and it looks agressive so most people have no clue what our HP is. Yes, I normally go off the green light look back and think why are you guys still sitting there! I've had guys want to race my car all the time - it happens but I have too much love for my Fit to do anything that would brake it.

Cat :x

Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by SarahVTEC
He showed you that you were #1. Nice.

+ rep just for making me laugh.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
The Fit looks fast and it looks agressive so most people have no clue what our HP is. Yes, I normally go off the green light look back and think why are you guys still sitting there! I've had guys want to race my car all the time - it happens but I have too much love for my Fit to do anything that would brake it.

Cat :x
Exactly. The wife comments all the time how she loves how people have these big v6's and v8's but never use them. I am always ahead of people at lights and I'm not getting on it by any means.

Originally Posted by MugenAP2
They must think we have the Honda version of the Mitsubishi Evo or something...lol

Old 06-10-2009, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Don't be surprised that people want to race you......damn our cars look so hot that they all get into a "fit of rage" and stomp on the gas!

It's a natural reaction of being envious.

Am thinking of a personalized plate.... "SIPIN GAS"!

Old 06-10-2009, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
or race the farthest on a single tank of gas...lol.
top gear did that with one gallon of gas. The ferrari got 1mpg

Old 06-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Happened to me all the time too.
One time I actually won. ha ha ha
I was going about 50-55 mph (downhill) on the right lane when a silver G35 suddenly appeared behind me. He was tailing me really close for a good 3-4 minutes until he decided to passed me. Coming up not a 1/5 miles after he did this is an on ramp to get into the freeway.
To my surprised he slowed down considerably before entering the ramp. So I actually can catch up to him (not on purpose, just my driving style) and we were side by side along the ramp.
The well dressed men driving the G35 looked at me with a really pissed face and speed off as soon as we are on the straight part of the ramp.
Just another random day I guess.

LOL

Old 06-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by FITinMyPocket
Happened to me all the time too.
One time I actually won. ha ha ha
I was going about 50-55 mph (downhill) on the right lane when a silver G35 suddenly appeared behind me. He was tailing me really close for a good 3-4 minutes until he decided to passed me. Coming up not a 1/5 miles after he did this is an on ramp to get into the freeway.
To my surprised he slowed down considerably before entering the ramp. So I actually can catch up to him (not on purpose, just my driving style) and we were side by side along the ramp.
The well dressed men driving the G35 looked at me with a really pissed face and speed off as soon as we are on the straight part of the ramp.
Just another random day I guess.

LOL
wow I love these stories!!!

Old 06-13-2009, 11:49 PM
I take advantage of the fit's dartyness and nimbleness for slicing and dicing traffic. Passing people on the right really gets them pissed off. This is where I attract the most racers. One guy in a big v8 decided he wanted to keep up with me, he didnt pass, but just stayed with me. We topped out at 90, this is where i backed down, its kind of hard to explain to an ohio state patrollman what i was doing over 90 for. I backed down to 65, he passed stayed about 8 carlengths ahead doing 65 also.

I wasnt trying to race in the first place, its just his big whale of a car's butt wouldnt move, so I passed.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:52 PM
I just got back from autocrossing my ge8. The fit IS EXTREMELY CAPABLE, however it's limited by power. But we already knew that.

People race them, because they think that they're fast, or because they've never seen one before, so it must be fast. I get asked what it is all the time.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:39 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MugenAP2
Yeah I don't know what is up with that, I constantly have people trying to race me at lights.

The other day I was accelerating out of a left on a dual advanced green, the Fit being what it is can power through the corner like a champ without even thinking about it. I look over and this douche in an M3 has the thing fully wrung out in the revs in my rear mirror... turns out I was beside him at the light and I kind of pulled ahead as we went around the corner... by like 10 car lengths without even trying, lol.

So he blows past like a moron (as I do the speed limit) and at the next light offers up some talk "Yeah so that rice rocket of yours isn't so fast is it".... I replied "Well I thought I had you, but that 85hp 1.5L under the hood just couldn't do it.... what do you have under yours, it must be a 1.8L or something?". I think that kind of pissed him off

Old 06-14-2009, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
So I was at a light last night turning left (I'm in the outside lane)and had a 2000 Jaguar XJ8 sitting next to me (inside lane). I am minding my own business listening to some AC/DC on the way home from work you know relaxing music . The light turns green and I always get on it just because I hate people who don't go when the light turns green (not punching it by any means though) I get about 2 cars ahead of this Jaguar and I hear him punch it and try to take the turn fast...He is sliding around the turn. The lanes then merge once it becomes straight. He pulls up beside me and is wanting to race. Then continues to fly by me. REALLY? are you that desperate to race to have to race a fit? Its a fit people not a s2k. People are really lame sometimes. I did nothing to antagonize him to make him think I want to race...just because I actually go when a light turns green means I must want to punch my gas and try and get to the next light first 100 yards ahead.

Best thing about it...I was behind him for a while as I was heading home. Eventually he turns right on a side road and as he turns I look back in my rear view mirror and he is flipping me off...ha ha. I was like wow you must really be jealous of my car...ha.

I wish I would have had my CL-S because then I might have actually participated a little...lol.

I know our fits are sharp, handle really well and look fast but really? I guess thats why some people put the k20 in there so they can race them. Defeats the purpose to me but to each his own.

Because they know they can easily win.
Revenge is a bumper sticker that says I"M GETTING 33 MPG: WHAT ARE YOU GETTING?

Old 06-14-2009, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
Sigh...

Most of these people with big-engined cars can't make a decent corner entry if their lives counted on it. Just my observation.

Like my friend says... "it's more fun driving a slow car fast than driving a fast car slow"

Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 PM
So I was at a light last night turning left (I'm in the outside lane)and had a 2000 Jaguar XJ8 sitting next to me (inside lane). I am minding my own business listening to some AC/DC on the way home from work you know relaxing music .
Well, it is a long way to the shop, if you want a sausage roll...

Old 06-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
I love these stories. Keep em coming lol

Here's one:

One day, I'm driving to my church in one of the South suburbs of Chicago. Being that I live on the Northwest side, I usually take the expressway to get there. Anywho, I'm driving along when I see this DC5 with a ITR wing coming up in the lane to my left with his hood almost unlatched. Seriously. One good bump could send his hood right into his face and kill himself and anyone around him.

So he's passing me, and I see him scoping out my car, giving me that "hard" look. I look at him and try to flag him to open his window to let him know he's about to die. What does he do? He speeds off and settles back into a gangsta lean. Part of me wanted to just let the idiot go, but I couldn't get it out of my head that he's going to kill someone (note: I don't care if stupid people kill themselves; Darwinism at it's finest, if you ask me. But when jackasses put others' lives in danger, it's a personal issue).

So I take off after him and catch up to him rather quickly. I'm honking, waving, screaming, etc... Anything I can do to get his attention. But the f**ker is just "too cool" to look over.

Anyways, my exit came up and I had to let him drive off.

All I could think was "Dude, you're not that f**king cool." Call me harsh, but idiots like that deserve to die in a bus fire (the short bus specifically)

Old 06-15-2009, 07:50 PM
that's the reason why im saving up for k20 swap, that way when im done with that swap just lower my car, buy rims, keep the oem lip kits, and maybe spoon spoiler and it'll look simple... then if someone tries to race... surprize!!!!haha atleast you have power that only you know about it haha.. cant wait.. f**k them!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
^^ that kind of attitude proves nothing and only gives people a negative image of the tuner community. Just like the guy in my story....you're not that cool

Quick Reply: Why do people really try to race fits???