2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Why do people really try to race fits???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
Shh let me cure the symptoms rather than the disease really the cancer is twofold, an AT and the turbo itself. The AT will never launch above 2.2k (tc notwithstanding) and boost never really wanted to come below 3k (which is really a mess of problems from manifold/downpipe design, intake tract design, turbo itself, etc.) you wouldn't believe the time between 2.2k and 3k. It's bad enough that I've never seen a 60' below 2.5.

I'm always happy to see TCs posts, they are the important part of why I keep coming here.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 06-21-2011 at 03:19 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
I'm starting to have a serious problem with needing a bad hypothesis to reach a good conclusion.

It's literally in everything I post here.

In fact, it's been a defining part of my life. I remember back in freshman yr of highschool I tried to convince my trig class that you could calculate the unknown length of the side of a triangle simply by finding the inverse proportion of the known angle to 90 degrees and multiplying it by the length of the known side. Well... things didn't turn out that easy.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 06-21-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
In fact, it's been a defining part of my life. I remember back in freshman yr of highschool I tried to convince my trig class that you could calculate the unknown length of the side of a triangle simply by finding the inverse proportion of the known angle to 90 degrees and multiplying it by the length of the known side. Well... things didn't turn out that easy.
And for a similar reason, that's why my wife says stuff like this about our six yr old daughter - "why is it that our daughter has to take everything apart as soon as she gets her hands on it? Gee, I wonder where she gets that from?"

Old 06-21-2011, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Lyon's and DSM's personalities remind me very much of the way I have been for most of my life only they are considerably smarter... There is something about romping all over a car that is recognized as being a high performance model in a car that is sneered at and considered by all to be slow that is very rewarding... It is great fun but very costly and demanding of your time and energy.. Many a night has been spent laying in bed awake with ideas of what I am working on at the time flashing through my head.. I gets so bad at times that I have had give up on sleep and head back out to the project and see if the ideas are going to work.. One of these days there will be a psychiatric diagnoses and pharmaceutical product to treat the symptoms of this inherited trait, mutation or whatever it is that causes this eccentric behavior that is triggered by someone saying that there is no way our little cars can be made to do more than carry a lot of stuff and get good fuel mileage.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Lyon's and DSM's personalities remind me very much of the way I have been for most of my life only they are considerably smarter... There is something about romping all over a car that is recognized as being a high performance model in a car that is sneered at and considered by all to be slow that is very rewarding... It is great fun but very costly and demanding of your time and energy.. Many a night has been spent laying in bed awake with ideas of what I am working on at the time flashing through my head.. I gets so bad at times that I have had give up on sleep and head back out to the project and see if the ideas are going to work.. One of these days there will be a psychiatric diagnoses and pharmaceutical product to treat the symptoms of this inherited trait, mutation or whatever it is that causes this eccentric behavior that is triggered by someone saying that there is no way our little cars can be made to do more than carry a lot of stuff and get good fuel mileage.

I really doubt it's intelligence, just availability of information. If you had the interwebs back in your day, I can only imagine the off the wall things you would have came up with on top of what you did.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's lost sleep thinking about the next mod.

Haha! And I would sooner die than take that pill (despite the pleadings of my friends, family, and everyone that worries about my sanity)

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 06-21-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
Gran turismo 5 spoon fit!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2021, 10:08 PM
Former Vendor
Large internal space, better workmanship, more fuel-efficient, and good throttle and brake adjustments.

Old 03-30-2021, 11:01 AM
This and Jag drivers are notorious knobs.

Old 03-30-2021, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Why do people dig up a twelve year old thread?

Last edited by steve37; 03-31-2021 at 06:13 AM.