2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do people really try to race fits???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Why do people really try to race fits???

So I was at a light last night turning left (I'm in the outside lane)and had a 2000 Jaguar XJ8 sitting next to me (inside lane). I am minding my own business listening to some AC/DC on the way home from work you know relaxing music . The light turns green and I always get on it just because I hate people who don't go when the light turns green (not punching it by any means though) I get about 2 cars ahead of this Jaguar and I hear him punch it and try to take the turn fast...He is sliding around the turn. The lanes then merge once it becomes straight. He pulls up beside me and is wanting to race. Then continues to fly by me. REALLY? are you that desperate to race to have to race a fit? Its a fit people not a s2k. People are really lame sometimes. I did nothing to antagonize him to make him think I want to race...just because I actually go when a light turns green means I must want to punch my gas and try and get to the next light first 100 yards ahead.

Best thing about it...I was behind him for a while as I was heading home. Eventually he turns right on a side road and as he turns I look back in my rear view mirror and he is flipping me off...ha ha. I was like wow you must really be jealous of my car...ha.

I wish I would have had my CL-S because then I might have actually participated a little...lol.

I know our fits are sharp, handle really well and look fast but really? I guess thats why some people put the k20 in there so they can race them. Defeats the purpose to me but to each his own.

Last edited by Committobefit08; 06-10-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
It's because ricers give honda a bad name.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Some people are out just looking for a race with any vehicle and since you left the light a little faster then the average joe it was enough for the Jag's driver.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
I attract 5.0 mustangs

I think to myself "Lets race win that car dies at 120K"

Old 06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Is there anything wrong about that?...

Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
LoL with all the above.

no stoplight races in my Fit. that kills MPG, yo...
i like to think that honda purposely made the Fit slow. that way people have more time to see how sexy our cars are

Old 06-10-2009, 11:27 AM
I race my Fit on a secret road we call Bertha. It's a road circling a huge AT&T building. I hit 70-100 going around these turns and with coilovers I can take the turns way faster than I could before and it just feels so awesome. But yeah, I don't race people lol

Old 06-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Haha...I get people trying to race me all the time. Some guy was trying to race me on the highway with his Subaru STI. I smiled and wave to him, he took off.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
i think my plate will say 89HPATW (89 Horse Power At The Wheels )....maybe that will make them think? hahahahah! yeah, i attract them too. it's just amazing sometimes.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:55 AM
^^How about HIMPGLOHP High MPG Low hp

Old 06-10-2009, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
^^ haha that would be awesome! but we're only allowed 7 characters in Cali

Old 06-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by projekz
Haha...I get people trying to race me all the time. Some guy was trying to race me on the highway with his Subaru STI. I smiled and wave to him, he took off.
Exactly... I've had the same issue with an STI. I just looked at him like are you serious???

Old 06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
it's something about them not having control in their daily lives
and need to bully someone else for it. and they think they are
'safe' doing it while in their cars. never mind some folks carry
guns in their cars. never mind some folks are serial killers out
there. never mind some folks are off duty cops. never mind
some cars carry car cameras hooked up and can trace plate#'s.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Everyone tries to race me too.

I've even had ricers come up to me and want to race in parking lots. I just tell them the next time I'm going to be on the track, which track, and I'll see them there if they want to race me that badly.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
next time tell him to race to the next gas station...

Old 06-10-2009, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
yeah I dont understand why people do that?! Its happened to me a few times and everytime im just cruising doing speed limit, and sure enough here comes some ricer with a way faster car trying to race me, im like dude.... its a Fit!

Old 06-10-2009, 02:19 PM
What really gets me laughing, is when I do engage, there's about a 50% chance that I'm faster than the ricer.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
I dont have people trying to race me to often. When it does happen I just ignore them and make it clear im not going to race. When a car that can easly beat the fit tries to race me I always just chop it up to the guy getting walked by a POS civic wiht a Turbo B18 or K20. So the driver is still but hurt about it so they race a car the know they can beat.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
next time tell him to race to the next gas station...

or race the farthest on a single tank of gas...lol.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
............... REALLY? are you that desperate to race to have to race a fit? Its a fit people not a s2k. People are really lame sometimes. I did nothing to antagonize him to make him think I want to race...just because I actually go when a light turns green means I must want to punch my gas and try and get to the next light first 100 yards ahead.......
.........I know our fits are sharp, handle really well and look fast but really? I guess thats why some people put the k20 in there so they can race them. Defeats the purpose to me but to each his own.
Similar thing happened to me... but with 2 riced out Civic fart cans.

Was at a light, and as you when it turns green I go, but in no means am I redlining it (as most Fit owners I too strive for high mpg), I'm very, very gentle with the gas pedal. Both Civics were in the same lane, both revving their fart cans, when the light turned green I went (slowly accelerating). Both of them were over revving their cars trying to swerve into my lane and the other one next to them... then all of the sudden a loud boom, and sparks from under the first Civic..... I thought he redlined his engine in 1st, but his riced out exhaust bust loose or got disconnected and was dragging all over the road..... ahahahahaha

Funny thing is even though I wasn't flooring the pedal, but I was ahead of them and had to slow down to avoid him crashing in to me as he was getting over to the side of the road.....
Of course I laughed hysterically and pointed to the road to indicate he lost his exhaust....

Our Fits are quite zippy in 1st, but no way fast at all... I guess since our Fits are sharp, handle really well, and look fast, people actually think they are fast.

Kinda makes you have to put a K20 or turbo in just to keep up with peoples perceptions of it?????

Originally Posted by chaaree
no stoplight races in my Fit. that kills MPG, yo...
i like to think that honda purposely made the Fit slow. that way people have more time to see how sexy our cars are
I gotta agree 100%

Quick Reply: Why do people really try to race fits???