2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hatch stopped working......

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Hatch stopped working......

Bad news.. My hatch stopped staying up last week and it was like bench pressing to lift it up. Good news.... Honda replaced the struts under warranty. Really bad news... Its 160 mile round trip to the my nearest Honda dealership, so after they fix my hatch I decide to stop at Target. I come out and someone has hit my car and put a very large dent in the hatch. I parked way out at the end of the parking lot. I am so angry this is the 3rd time since March that someone has hit my car. The first time I was sideswiped while sitting at a red light. 7 days after I get my car back from the shop a guy rolls into it at a drive-thru and puts several gouges into the Bumper and now this. Hopefully the saying that things happen in threes holds true because I have had enough. Luckily my son who works at an auto body shop is going to fix it for me. I think I might get him to put some fancy stripe down the side or something. GRRRRR

Old 05-01-2010, 01:55 AM
Put a bunch of reflective tape lol that sucks about the damage at least ur ok right

Old 05-01-2010, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
Have him paint it dayglo orange..... Have you considered reactive armor?

Old 05-01-2010, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
a-holes

Originally Posted by Snoodmaster
Bad news.. My hatch stopped staying up last week and it was like bench pressing to lift it up. Good news.... Honda replaced the struts under warranty. Really bad news... Its 160 mile round trip to the my nearest Honda dealership, so after they fix my hatch I decide to stop at Target. I come out and someone has hit my car and put a very large dent in the hatch. I parked way out at the end of the parking lot. I am so angry this is the 3rd time since March that someone has hit my car. The first time I was sideswiped while sitting at a red light. 7 days after I get my car back from the shop a guy rolls into it at a drive-thru and puts several gouges into the Bumper and now this. Hopefully the saying that things happen in threes holds true because I have had enough. Luckily my son who works at an auto body shop is going to fix it for me. I think I might get him to put some fancy stripe down the side or something. GRRRRR

I feel bad for you. I know how you must feel. One week after I got a new Toyota, I parked it, as usual, a half mile away from anyone in a parking lot of a mall. I got back in less than an hour and someone had taken a shopping cart all the way to my car and smashed it into the door, producing a huge dent. I could only enjoy the "newness" of the car for one week. It disgusted me. Hopefully, you won't have anymore problems with a-holes.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
That sucks, man. I feel for you. Sometimes luck is just a real bitch.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snoodmaster
I'm still in that stage with my new Fit where I'm paranoid about trying to keep it safe. It's NOT my imagination though, I like you, have been parking in remote parts of parking lots, always on the top of inclines and away from other vehicles. At first I thought it was my imagination but it's happened enough now that I do not think so. Inevitably I can park the Fit all by itself and go into a store. 20-40 minutes later I come back and the isolated spot I picked will be mysteriously surrounded by HUGE vehicles. Okay, it's not that vehicles get parked around me, that happens. Parking lots can fill up...BUT it's always huge trucks or SUV's, usually older with huge dent creating doors. So far I've been lucky, no damage, but The Fit does seem to be some cosmic magnet to other vehicles and against the laws of physics it's the smaller object attracting the larger objects...

I swear there is some subconcious jealousy in some people where they want to dent, scratch or hit your new car. I had a 17 year old Honda Accord and when I parked it in a parking lot people avoided parking around it like Michael Corleones first wife was about to turn the ignition key.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:39 PM
ecl
5 Year Member
Damn I know what you mean about the shopping carts...around here people are too damn lazy to put their carts away and i always see them build up around the car, some even hitting it. Makes me angry everytime.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
People now-a-days have no f*%$ing spine. If you hit or dent someone's car you wait for the person or at least leave a note with your info. I saw a person try to drive off in a walmart parking lot after SLAMING his door into a poor Focus and giving it a nasty dent. Needless to say I ran over and told him to wait there for the other driver or I would contact the police with his license plate number for hit and run. The A$$hole tried to give me an attitude but he did not leave until he spoke with the other driver.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by fitchet
Parking lots can fill up...BUT it's always huge trucks or SUV's, usually older with huge dent creating doors.
It's nothing personal...I've driven a Silverado pickup before. It's so big it tends to overhang two spaces, and so wide that sometimes it's a tight squeeze. If you have any sense of decency when you drive something that size, you park it in the back of the lot, preferably away from other cars. Unfortunately, there are other people who also choose to park in the back of the lot. Basically the back of the lot is occupied by considerate large vehicle drivers, and protective drivers. Sometimes they cross paths. Fortunately, they are both the type to be a bit more careful when pulling in/out and opening their doors.

But that really sucks for OP!!!!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:48 AM
If people cannot fit a small car in between the white lines I believe it's fair game lol jk but serisly nothing annoys me more when I would fit my full sized pickup with stand off mirrors into a spot. Come back out and a camery or something is parked in my space so I'd have to get in and slide over on the bench seat oh yeah I'd open my door when I got in sorry to rant the op probly did not do this but yeah the point I was leading up to is this It dose not seem fair if you know how to park and do it in a manner to avoid dents carts what ever. It's not your fault ESP. In ca because let's face it 75% of drivers should not be on the road here all of my 17-21 year old friends suck at driving except two and all the others are constenty hitting things and getting tickets. I believe that the big problume is that the DMV seems to be giving out the dls now or is it just me? Ok I'm off the soap box now

Old 05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Latest Poll

Well, when you consider that the latest polls of high school seniors and college students in the USA, shows that 80% of them felt it was okay to lie, cheat, steal or commit crimes to get the money they wanted... what chance do you have that these people will dent your car and possess any remorse in the least???? Forget it. It's a losing battle.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
19,000 miles so far in the fit. no one has hit me.
87,000 miles in old car... 2 people hit me.

the fit can get a dent from being breathed on.
ive dented the inside of the rear passenger door bay twice when things have fallen on it. the metal is super thin.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crash001
It's not your fault ESP. In ca because let's face it 75% of drivers should not be on the road here all of my 17-21 year old friends suck at driving except two and all the others are constenty hitting things and getting tickets. I believe that the big problume is that the DMV seems to be giving out the dls now or is it just me? Ok I'm off the soap box now

Actually, I believe it probably started when they took driver's Ed out of the schools. Back in my day not only did you have the book part of the class for a semester but you also had the driving part of it the other semester at school. When my kids learned to drive they didn't even talk about driving in school, we had to hire someone to teach them. It was a classroom setting that they did in a weekend, and 3 hours of driving time with an instructor done at 3 different times. The rest of the time they had to learn with a parent. Not sure who thought that was a good idea. In their teenage years kids already are doing their best at trying to leave the nest, my son was not to bad, however my daughter felt like we were constantly criticizing her driving when all we wanted her to do was come to a complete stop at stop signs and stop rolling her eyes when we pointed out something that she might want to do different. It took a couple of years to get over the angst that caused, and I still find I want to tell her to slow down or signal sooner.