2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove Wheel Stud?? Helpppplease !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by glen62
Has anybody replace the front wheel drive bolts(STUDS)

Trying to lose my tire for rotation, I broke one of this f.. bolts, the dealer want bill me close to $300, the bolt is just $4.75.

I removed the rotor and the center nut, but there are not enough room behind the plate to throw back that bolt. I rented a puller to remove the plate, but was impossible to move out.

Appreciate any recommendation, forget PEPBOY, they want more than the dealer.( Honda FIT 2009, MT)
So glen, how did you make out on the wheel bolts? Hope you found a reasonable solution and hopefully a trustworthy shop to work with you.

Don't let the chatter keep you away.

K_C_

Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
Calling all the techs in a dealership incompetent for the acts of a new tech is not a fair judgement of the talent in the dealership. Think it through here... guy who's been working there for 10-15 years vs. young kid who's probably been there for 6 months or less.

This is why you should change your oil at home, and only take the car in for service when it needs something major done.
in my case, the oil change was free VIA "valued customer" coupon. free versus paying for my oil/filter/new gasket and get my hands dirty, hmm... i didn't ask them to rotate my tires, nor was i asked to approve the service. poor judgement by the lead mechanic, imo.

this only means that i will never give a dealership money for something i can do myself.. live and learn

Old 06-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
in my case, the oil change was free VIA "valued customer" coupon. free versus paying for my oil/filter/new gasket and get my hands dirty, hmm... i didn't ask them to rotate my tires, nor was i asked to approve the service. poor judgement by the lead mechanic, imo.

this only means that i will never give a dealership money for something i can do myself.. live and learn

You have no idea how a dealership service department works... There is no "lead mechanic." There are service writers who are calling the shots if they noted based on mileage that you were due for a tire rotation the tech does the work. Thats the general gist of how it works, there's no "lead tech" sitting in the shop telling everyone what to do.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
You have no idea how a dealership service department works... There is no "lead mechanic." There are service writers who are calling the shots if they noted based on mileage that you were due for a tire rotation the tech does the work. Thats the general gist of how it works, there's no "lead tech" sitting in the shop telling everyone what to do.
you're right, i don't know how a dealership works. so by your explanation, a dealership tells me what's good for me and my Fit based on numbers from a spreadsheet?... ok, that makes me feel better

anyway, you've swayed the debate way off track. all i needed to communicate was that the service pro's at honda cross threaded my wheel studs and i needed to fix it myself... done.

Last edited by GD3_Wagoon; 06-18-2010 at 01:32 PM.