2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Honda Fit - New Info

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kdring
Nooooooooooooooooo BBP! Sad to see it go, not many purple cars out there these days Orange is fast becoming popular - I see a lot of the spicy/dark shades out there (Edge, '11 Mini, a couple others).
I used to have 1967 Ford Mustang that was copper with a black vinyl roof & black interior--I loved that particular shade of copper/bronze as it was less orange than the current car colors.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 AM
I had read some misinformation a few months back that predicted the 2011 base fit wouldn't get Stability Assist, but the 2011 specs are now online at Honda and it reports that the base fit gets standard some features I believe weren't available in the Base before:

- Vehicle Stability Assist
- remote entry (no alarm)
- Cruise Control
- USB Audio interface

Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Occam
Hey... you realize stability control and traction control are not the same thing, right? Traction control is much more analogous to 4 wheel drive (getting your started moving) while VSA is more analogous to anti-lock brakes (keeping you in control once you are moving).

A well designed stability control system is one that you never know you used.
The Honda Fit 2011 brochure indicates it has "Vehicle Stability AssistTM (VSA ) with Traction Control." I was under the impression that since VSA and traction control were different, then traction control wasn't available on the Fit. Just an FYI for those who were in the same boat as me.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Base vs Sport

Originally Posted by alam99
I had read some misinformation a few months back that predicted the 2011 base fit wouldn't get Stability Assist, but the 2011 specs are now online at Honda and it reports that the base fit gets standard some features I believe weren't available in the Base before:

- remote entry (no alarm)
- Cruise Control
- USB Audio interface
Now there are fewer difference between Base & Sport models--One of the main reasons I got the Sport was for the Cruise. If I had waited to get the 2011, the Base could have met my needs.

anyone notice any new differences between the models?

Old 11-25-2010, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
Now there are fewer difference between Base & Sport models--One of the main reasons I got the Sport was for the Cruise. If I had waited to get the 2011, the Base could have met my needs.

anyone notice any new differences between the models?
We find out now what Honda thinks the Navi is worth. They think that the Navi Alone is worth $1530... Ouch. It's not even a HDD navi and hasn't seen any serious upgrades in 3-5 years.

It looks like Honda has made the Base much more attractively priced, left the Sport for those that want a little more bling or sport (with warranty) in their drive, and put a serious hurt on navi as there doesn't seem to be much of a reason anymore to go OEM.

The sport got a $400+ bump in price while the base only got $200 increase. I'm guessing they bumped the sport up to subsidize the minimal increase in cost of the base while adding many more features. For $200, the Base got VSA with TC, keyless entry, USB Audio, Cruise, & Possibly more. With the sport losing a number of the additional options above to the base, the price between the two should have gotten less (as there are not more features added to the sport to justify the price difference. - unless honda's website is wrong and the base doesn't have VSA/TC)

~SB

Old 11-25-2010, 01:01 PM
The Honda Fit 2011 brochure indicates it has "Vehicle Stability AssistTM (VSA ) with Traction Control." I was under the impression that since VSA and traction control were different, then traction control wasn't available on the Fit. Just an FYI for those who were in the same boat as me.
They are two different functions, but it sounds as if they're making both standard. The first generation Scion xB had these features... I came really close to buying one instead of the Element... probably should have in retrospect!

Old 11-25-2010, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Now there are fewer difference between Base & Sport models--One of the main reasons I got the Sport was for the Cruise. If I had waited to get the 2011, the Base could have met my needs
I thought the exact same thing, although I wasn't in a position to wait. But if you're gonna throw those features into the base, what the hell separates it from a sport, costing more bucks? A tail fin? A base is a base and a sport is a sport. Blur the lines too much and the sports will sit around...and phase out. That would be a shame.

Dan

Old 11-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I thought the exact same thing, although I wasn't in a position to wait. But if you're gonna throw those features into the base, what the hell separates it from a sport, costing more bucks? A tail fin? A base is a base and a sport is a sport. Blur the lines too much and the sports will sit around...and phase out. That would be a shame.

Dan
It would be nice if they'd go to an Ala Carte setup like the Scions - a decently appointed base model, with lots of customizable options. The sport still adds a lot of stuff: alloy wheels, firmer suspension, rear sway bar, paddle-shifters, 6-speaker stereo, body kit, fog lights, armrest... It's more than just a rear spoiler, and the Sport is still a lot of car for the money!

Last edited by Occam; 11-25-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
It would be nice if they'd go to an Ala Carte setup like the Scions - a decently appointed base model, with lots of customizable options. The sport still adds a lot of stuff: alloy wheels, firmer suspension, rear sway bar, paddle-shifters, 6-speaker stereo, body kit, fog lights, armrest... It's more than just a rear spoiler, and the Sport is still a lot of car for the money!
Last year(2010), the Difference between the two was $1760, now(2011) it's $1510 which is a $250 drop in price between the two. This could go one of two ways. People considering a base might say... well, for $1500 more, I get a more sport oriented fit. others will say, "why would I spend the money on the sport for a sway bar, wheels, and body cladding?"

I'm guessing honda is hoping for it to balance out, or lean towards the 1st...

~SB

Old 11-29-2010, 01:23 AM
The sport still adds a lot of stuff: alloy wheels, firmer suspension, rear sway bar, paddle-shifters, 6-speaker stereo, body kit, fog lights, armrest... It's more than just a rear spoiler, and the Sport is still a lot of car for the money!
I agree. The Sport is the better deal in my book, and I'd still go with the Sport if I had it to do all over again. The Base got some features that I think all cars should have -- like cruise and keyless entry. So, good for Honda to up the bar.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:23 AM
2011 Honda Fit: More features, plus standard stability control

Update on the 2011 Fit:

Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
... the 2011 specs are now online at Honda and it reports that the base fit gets standard some features I believe weren't available in the Base before:

If that's true, then possibly the only reason honda slapped VSA in the base model is because I read somewhere, last year, some form of VSA will be required for all new vehicles by the end of 2011. Mandatory for ALL new vehicles manufactured after 2011... it's a "safety requirement" issue from now on.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by annunC8
If that's true, then possibly the only reason honda slapped VSA in the base model is because I read somewhere, last year, some form of VSA will be required for all new vehicles by the end of 2011. Mandatory for ALL new vehicles manufactured after 2011... it's a "safety requirement" issue from now on.
D*mn meddlesome intrusive government!!! :-(

Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 AM
I knew I should have waited for those 2011's floor mats. I had to buy the floor mat online and the floor mat I had before the all weather floor mat sucks.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by weeladdie
D*mn meddlesome intrusive government!!! :-(
I KNOW!!! Damn those people that think Airbags and VSA should be mandatory!. Next think you know, they'll want us all wearing BELTS attached to SEATS.

That's it, I want my Mahindra sedan with it's power steering and antilock braking system and the Expansive room inside for your entire family. AKA a coffin on wheels.

These safety features work... It's not like VSA is some random thing that someone tacks on just for profit or so they can look like they are helping to improve the industry. 99% of people who have vsa kick in will benefit from it. The other .9% lose nothing. (.1% always lose something... because they are pessimists waiting for the world to end... and they'd have nothing to complain about - I don't want to forget them).

ohhh the 2011's now have floor mats standard? DAMNIT!!! I should have waited

~SB

Old 01-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Vsa

Originally Posted by specboy
These safety features work... It's not like VSA is some random thing that someone tacks on just for profit or so they can look like they are helping to improve the industry. 99% of people who have vsa kick in will benefit from it. The other .9% lose nothing. (.1% always lose something... because they are pessimists waiting for the world to end... and they'd have nothing to complain about - I don't want to forget them).

I agree, VSA is the most important safety feature since the seatbelt. Here are a couple of good videos that help demonstrate that:
  1. Consumer Reports Video Hub - Cars - Safety - Stability Control
  2. Consumer Reports Video Hub - Cars - Safety - Safety Features

Last edited by fit.sport; 01-25-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Base models got cruise control standard. grumble grumble grumble.