Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   2012 Fit Buyers Check in!!! Welcome and Congrats! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/69034-2012-fit-buyers-check-welcome-congrats.html)

Shockwave199 02-11-2012 12:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been admiring all who have gotten your 2012's. Envious as all heck. So, I decided to get one myself! I traded in my 2009 sport Fit non navi for an auto sport with navi. LOVE the Fitof course, but now I love it more. :hyper:

Unexciting lot pic before taking it home, PMM color-

Attachment 28740

In the dark, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and the 09 silver storm color. But I do like this darker grey a whole lot. If they kept silverstorm, I may have gone for it again. But alibaster just didn't cut it for me.

Some notes

- TIV for the 09 I got 12k
- 2012 I paid 19.7
- OEM carpet mats included free

Here's an interesting one. The navi is not the flip down one where you insert cd/pc card behind. It is, I was told, the newer model that they put in CRV's and such. The cd inserts in the top of the navi screen- no flipping screen. And no pc card, nor a dvd for the navi. Upgrades are done via flashing it at the dealer. Blue tooth is awesome, btw. Seats are improved- much better lumbar.

** The quieter ride is no small thing. I was taken aback how much quieter the cab is. It's quieter and overall feels tighter and even more insulated which amounts to a warmer cab too. Honda did well to improve this, making the car feel more substantial and upscale.

I drove in with my 09 in the afternoon and drove out with my 2012 by evening! I love the Fit of course and the upgrade for me is awesome, but it somehow isn't quite as special as when I got my first one- the 09. But I wanted the top of the line Fit and by golly, I got one. Now I'm done for the long, long haul. Lots of reading up how to work all the navi features now! The integration of the navi is what I'll use most, probably more so than the navi itself. But bonus- now I'll have it when needed. I do go places I don't know how to get to every so often!

:vtec:

Dan

komafit 02-11-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Theos92vr4 (Post 1072987)
And no, there is only 13 Milano red Fit Manual trans cars in the US. I was very lucky as this one was on the lot, right by my house :)

Is it just 13 MR Sports? I have a 2012 MR Base, which I'd think is even rarer than the sport... seems no one has bases. Red is the best :p :vtec:

GTRPLYR 02-11-2012 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by komafit (Post 1073059)
Is it just 13 MR Sports? I have a 2012 MR Base, which I'd think is even rarer than the sport... seems no one has bases. Red is the best :p :vtec:

There were 2 Milano Red MT Sport models in stock when I bought my OM MT back in Dec. While I think the MR color is nice I thought the OM was a bit more unique.

Congrat's Shockwave, you've outdone 99% of us here with reaching for the gold with the Navi option! :rotfl:

I'm sure the manual on the Navi system will keep you busy!

Shockwave199 02-11-2012 01:00 PM

I'm sure the manual on the Navi system will keep you busy!
You are not kidding! I was bleary eyed last night reading it- long book. It'll take time to get good with it for sure.

Redfitowner 02-11-2012 11:16 PM

We just got back from our Red Fit's maiden extended voyage. This trip was from the Central Valley in California to San Francisco and back in one day. We took 5 north and the 101 and Pacheco Pass back. The top mpg came to 35.2. Car handled beautifully in SF and the Pass. Performed well going up the hills and I had her cruising on parts of the freeway at around 80 mph. I was surprised how quiet the car was at the higher speeds and the cross winds didn't seem much of a bother. No driver fatigue or stiff back from the one day round trip. Very, very happy with the car.

Theos92vr4 02-12-2012 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by komafit (Post 1073059)

He didnt say anything about sport/base models so im guessing thats both combined. The only other manual close to me (50 mile range) was a white base model

ScoobyFIT 02-12-2012 04:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 28703

2012 FIT PIC test

ScoobyFIT 02-12-2012 04:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ScoobyFIT (Post 1073308)

Attachment 28702

Got my 2012 Vortex Blue Pearl FIT A/T for Christmas. OTD:$18,900 1.79% interest. 2 months later it's been:
1. Windows tinted
2. Lowered on Eibach pro kit
3. All weather floor mats
4. Blue LED interior lights
5. Front seat covers
6. Alpine Type-R 8" woofer in trunk.
7. As you know the list never ends.

sandan03 02-12-2012 09:15 AM

Have had our 2012 Orange Fit Sport, with automatic, for about a month. $18.7K on the road, including title, taxes (6% in MD), tags, everything.

Love it so far. It's my commuter so a manual was not considered. Too much stop/go on the beltway. Have a Lotus Exige S for when I want to play.

Only wish it had a 6th gear.

Shockwave199 02-12-2012 09:54 PM

Btw- I had to go back to the dealer and give them the title to the Fit I traded, the next day. So I'm driving slowly past the front entrance and along side the building looking for a parking spot, to which of course I couldn't find. Waiting for me to drive past to cross, stood a mom/dad/daughter. All three heads locked onto my Fit as I slowly rolled by. LOL! And watching them in the rear view, they crooked their heads and watched me drive all the way to the back. Too funny! Future Fit owners for sure. I was hoping to bump into them and mention that they should take a look at my '09 I just traded- specially if it was a purchase for the daughter. But it was hopping busy man. The dealer was packed- a great thing.

Dan

manny3672 02-13-2012 02:30 PM

Hello, i just got my black pearl Fit AT for about 18,000 plus.I say plus because of my credit being horrible, so if i stay good and refinance it will go for about 19,800. I got a base model and so far im going to get tint by the end of the week and just ordered the window visors. will post pics after it is installed.

OrangeAgent27 02-13-2012 05:13 PM

Whats up, folks? My name is John, I'm from Rockville, MD and I am a proud new owner of an Orangeburst Metallic M/T Sport! Not only is this my first new vehicle and my first honda, but it is also my first non-4 wheel drive vehicle in about 12 years. I was driving a 2004 Chevy Silverado Ex. Cab for the last 3 years and finally said enough is enough. I don't want to be at the mercy of the man or the oil companies any longer. ;)

I'm loving the Fit! The ride is wonderful, the Tranny is smooth and the interior....man, I love all that sunshine that comes through. Well, kind of. I'll be tinting the windows as soon as I can. I won't be making too many upgrades to it, maybe some all weather mats, cargo tray, and this cover that can be used for pets. I have two dogs and I'm still in shock at how much room there is for the pups.

Anyhow, I look forward to making all your acquaintances and hopefully contributing to this great forum!

GTRPLYR 02-13-2012 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by OrangeAgent27 (Post 1073635)
Whats up, folks? My name is John, I'm from Rockville, MD and I am a proud new owner of an Orangeburst Metallic M/T Sport! Not only is this my first new vehicle and my first honda, but it is also my first non-4 wheel drive vehicle in about 12 years. I was driving a 2004 Chevy Silverado Ex. Cab for the last 3 years and finally said enough is enough. I don't want to be at the mercy of the man or the oil companies any longer. ;)

I'm loving the Fit! The ride is wonderful, the Tranny is smooth and the interior....man, I love all that sunshine that comes through. Well, kind of. I'll be tinting the windows as soon as I can. I won't be making too many upgrades to it, maybe some all weather mats, cargo tray, and this cover that can be used for pets. I have two dogs and I'm still in shock at how much room there is for the pups.

Anyhow, I look forward to making all your acquaintances and hopefully contributing to this great forum!

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Coming from a 740iL BMW I can relate to the transition to the Fit from a larger vehicle. I'm happy with keeping mine stock as well but have been tempted to get some tint after seeing other Fit's tinted. Also broke down and ordered a cargo lid as covering things with a blanket just was becoming a bit of a pain.

OrangeAgent27 02-13-2012 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by GTRPLYR (Post 1073639)
Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Coming from a 740iL BMW I can relate to the transition to the Fit from a larger vehicle. I'm happy with keeping mine stock as well but have been tempted to get some tint after seeing other Fit's tinted. Also broke down and ordered a cargo lid as covering things with a blanket just was becoming a bit of a pain.

Thank you! And yes, thats a great idea about the cargo lid. I didn't even think of that. Geesh, speaking of add-ons, I'm interested in getting a hood bra and I've seen a few pictures of a particular one that covers the whole hood. Does anyone happen to know what that one is? Thanks in advance!

LeAJazz 02-14-2012 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyFIT (Post 1073309)
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...T/633fef79.jpg

Got my 2012 Vortex Blue Pearl FIT A/T for Christmas. OTD:$18,900 1.79% interest. 2 months later it's been:
1. Windows tinted
2. Lowered on Eibach pro kit
3. All weather floor mats
4. Blue LED interior lights
5. Front seat covers
6. Alpine Type-R 8" woofer in trunk.
7. As you know the list never ends.

How is the ride comfort and quality of the eibach pro kit springs?

ScoobyFIT 02-14-2012 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by LeAJazz (Post 1073774)

I really can't tell the difference. The pro kit adds a little more rigidy and gives the FIT the stance it deserves. My excuse for getting the kit was less drag on the hwy for better mpg. Another cool thing about the pro kit is that the alignment is still in the green. Minimal alignment adjustments are needed. You don't need a camber kit.

ScoobyFIT 02-14-2012 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by LeAJazz (Post 1073774)

The quality is top notch. I've heard nothing but complaints on the skunk2's. That's why I went with Eibach.

LeAJazz 02-14-2012 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyFIT (Post 1073779)
I really can't tell the difference. The pro kit adds a little more rigidy and gives the FIT the stance it deserves. My excuse for getting the kit was less drag on the hwy for better mpg. Another cool thing about the pro kit is that the alignment is still in the green. Minimal alignment adjustments are needed. You don't need a camber kit.

Yeah i'm looking for more of looks rather than performance/handling. I'm considering the tein s techs as they give a 1.57" drop F/R according to their website which gives a slightly lower stance than the pro kit. However, there is also the eibach sportline which give a 1.8"F/2.0"R drop .. Many to consider, what do you guys think? :confused:

ScoobyFIT 02-14-2012 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by LeAJazz (Post 1073816)
Yeah i'm looking for more of looks rather than performance/handling. I'm considering the tein s techs as they give a 1.57" drop F/R according to their website which gives a slightly lower stance than the pro kit. However, there is also the eibach sportline which give a 1.8"F/2.0"R drop .. Many to consider, what do you guys think? :confused:

This other FF thread talks a little more on suspension: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66434

Good luck on your selection

2012fitnc 02-15-2012 11:44 PM

2012 fit sport w/o nav, orangeburst

Just picked it up 2 days ago, enjoying it so far. I'm afraid to park it anywhere. Paid 18.3k otd, 17.5k selling price. I'm shopping around for a few upgrades: nav/lcd/bluetooth head unit, bigger/nicer armrest, and some sort of storage bins/boxes for the trunk that I can shuffle to the magic seat area when I put my bike in. I might add a small, hidden safe somewhere to lock up small valuables like wallet, cell phone for when I'm out riding the trails. I'd like to mod the 12v cig lighter to remain powered at all times to charge my phone whenever needed.