Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   2012 Fit Buyers Check in!!! Welcome and Congrats! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/69034-2012-fit-buyers-check-welcome-congrats.html)

afreespirit 12-22-2011 04:58 PM

That is beautiful JoeB! Welcome to the camp! :D

GTRPLYR 12-22-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by JoeB (Post 1058371)
Thanks GTRPLYR! Back in Oct. the dealer had a list of about 12 Fits expected in some time after Thanksgiving. Only 2 were M/T, one of which was OBM, so I put down a deposit. The dealer offered to try and find one for me elsewhere, but I was in no rush and figured it better to hold off until local delivery. As such, the car had 3 miles on it when I picked it up, at least a mile or two of that to go get gas!

Anyway, here are some snaps. It's a grey day here in upstate NY so the color seems a bit subdued - I'll have to take more when it's sunny...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...pictureid=5576

NICE! Great setting as well and the OBM fits right in with the Fall scenery.

What type of rims & tires do you have there?

DennisCTC 12-22-2011 09:04 PM

My 2012 Fit Sport AT

Tinted, LED fogs, HID lamps, leather shifter, pedals. Waiting on armrest and mugen visors.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...pictureid=5584

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...pictureid=5582

JoeB 12-23-2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by afreespirit (Post 1058393)
That is beautiful JoeB! Welcome to the camp! :D

Thanks freespirit - good to be here! I can't believe how much good information there is throughout these forums (fora?) Really a great group of Fit Freaks!

JoeB 12-23-2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by GTRPLYR (Post 1058405)
NICE! Great setting as well and the OBM fits right in with the Fall scenery.

What type of rims & tires do you have there?

With snow predicted - although didn't happen - I got the original wheels off before they got all messed with salt, etc.: now I don't have to clean them before putting them away until the spring.

I ordered M&S tires from Tire Rack (General Altimax Arctic 185 70-14, studable, but I chose not to) mounted on steel rims (no TPMS sensor so yes, the light is on , but I can live with it) They came mounted and balanced, and even had the correct tire pressure!

Happy Holidays to all!

cndnveggie 12-23-2011 07:59 PM

Woohoo - perfect Christmas present, new 2012 Fit in our garage :D Technically hubby's car, but I'm as excited as he is!

We got the Base automatic in polished metal metallic, which was exactly what we wanted. Very happy with the deal we ended up getting - paid invoice ($16,181), which worked out to $17,736 OTD (7.75% sales tax). We ended up with the cargo tray and carpet mats included - sweet! And we were able to put $5000 of the purchase on our 5% cashback credit card (which we'll pay off immediately), which means $250 cashback :) So anyways, we drove away happy campers!

GTRPLYR 12-23-2011 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by cndnveggie (Post 1058640)
Woohoo - perfect Christmas present, new 2012 Fit in our garage :D Technically hubby's car, but I'm as excited as he is!

We got the Base automatic in polished metal metallic, which was exactly what we wanted. Very happy with the deal we ended up getting - paid invoice ($16,181), which worked out to $17,736 OTD (7.75% sales tax). We ended up with the cargo tray and carpet mats included - sweet! And we were able to put $5000 of the purchase on our 5% cashback credit card (which we'll pay off immediately), which means $250 cashback :) So anyways, we drove away happy campers!

Congratulations on finally purchasing a new Fit. I know you both will enjoy driving it! How about some pictures now?

JTraceTaylor 12-24-2011 01:15 PM

My new 2012 Fit Sport A/T
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...r/IMG_0700.jpg
Everything but Navigation, got it a little over 3 weeks ago, already put 1k in miles on it. It was Early Christmas for me, so I'm not certain on price, somewhere in the 18k range I believe.
I too was nervous about the power, especially considering what I was coming from, a 2001 F-150 with a 5.4 V8. But man, it's just so nippy. I had read about "fun to drive" but never really understood it until now, where I catch myself zipping around town with a grin on my face.
Already got to give props to FitFreak, you guys have assisted me in my hunt for mods, and given me tons of insight into a little engine I know so little about.
Excited to be a part of the community.

GTRPLYR 12-24-2011 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by JTraceTaylor (Post 1058763)
My new 2012 Fit Sport A/T
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...r/IMG_0700.jpg
Everything but Navigation, got it a little over 3 weeks ago, already put 1k in miles on it. It was Early Christmas for me, so I'm not certain on price, somewhere in the 18k range I believe.
I too was nervous about the power, especially considering what I was coming from, a 2001 F-150 with a 5.4 V8. But man, it's just so nippy. I had read about "fun to drive" but never really understood it until now, where I catch myself zipping around town with a grin on my face.
Already got to give props to FitFreak, you guys have assisted me in my hunt for mods, and given me tons of insight into a little engine I know so little about.
Excited to be a part of the community.

Great shot, I just can't get enough Fit eye candy and I just think it's a really great looking car.

I also had some concerns about lack power and read as much as I could in forums like this one. The only time I really noticed the lack of power was in climb up a very steep freeway and putting the gas to the floor did nothing. But I was able to maintain a 55mpg speed. But overall I find the Fit to very peppy in and around the city, even with hills.

Sounds like you're getting some good time behind the wheel!

albac0re 12-25-2011 12:21 AM

The fiancé and I bought a Milano Red, Base, AT, For 16000 + ttl which equaled 172xx OTD . Got it with tint, cargo tray, pin stripe and mud flap/splash guards. No floor mats though :( First new car buying experience. I feel like I did well, but I sort of regret not getting the sport! Either way, I absolutly LOVE it! It is exactly what I wanted. It's so compact and zippy! Upgrading from a '95 civic which was great and compact but didn't really zip anywhere... Picked it up 6 days ago and it now has almost 500 miles on it. Pics later!

Travgram 12-25-2011 08:56 AM

Hey there this is my first post. I have a 2012 base Honda fit and want to buy the oem sport front bumper and side skirts. Anyone know where to get them for a good price. Or is anyone selling them? I have the oem mud flaps I am going to take off and once I get the sport front bumper I will have the base front to get rid of.

electron_si 12-26-2011 09:42 PM

Took a little road trip in mine I have 1600 miles on it and ill have 3000 by next week

GTRPLYR 12-26-2011 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by electron_si (Post 1059110)
Took a little road trip in mine I have 1600 miles on it and ill have 3000 by next week

That's one good way to get to know the car! Drive safe! :vtec:

Joe Mondo 12-27-2011 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My 2009 was totaled in a bad collision last week. (I'm fine and there were no other cars or people involved!) My poor fit had less than 12,000 miles.

I started shopping for a replacement on Monday, and was very surprised to find one in Orangeburst Metallic (my preferred color), marked down as a loss leader at a nearby Honda dealer - so racing stripes and a few other enhancements, marked down at about $1,500 less than list price.

I would have considered a used Fit, but as a loss leader this new Fit totaled less than any used model on the lot.

Not the greatest photo with the nose slightly cut off, but here it is in the show room. An hour later I was driving it home.

Attachment 88734

bluebee 12-27-2011 09:44 PM

First-time Fit Buyer

Hi all! I'm considering purchasing my first Fit, a base automatic. I drove it and it feels great. I was quoted an OTD price of $17,171. This is in Virginia with 3.2% tax. Can other buyers, especially those in the DC/MD/VA area, please tell me how much they got their Fit for?

Thank you!

GTRPLYR 12-27-2011 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Mondo (Post 1059293)
My 2009 was totaled in a bad collision last week. (I'm fine and there were no other cars or people involved!) My poor fit had less than 12,000 miles.

I started shopping for a replacement on Monday, and was very surprised to find one in Orangeburst Metallic (my preferred color), marked down as a loss leader at a nearby Honda dealer - so racing stripes and a few other enhancements, marked down at about $1,500 less than list price.

I would have considered a used Fit, but as a loss leader this new Fit totaled less than any used model on the lot.

Not the greatest photo with the nose slightly cut off, but here it is in the show room. An hour later I was driving it home.

Sorry to hear about the accident with the old fit but from reading your post it looks like you came out pretty good! Congratulations on the new Fit and on the price as well! Was your previous Fit the Revolution Orange?

Strangely enough I just saw a OM 2012 Fit that I had test driven earlier this month being discounted to invoice. Wondering why the big discount when just a few weeks ago they were pushing a hard bargain. Starting to grow mold at the dealership?

Anyway, looking forward to hear how you like it and how it differs from your 09.

Joe Mondo 12-27-2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by GTRPLYR (Post 1059303)
Sorry to hear about the accident with the old fit but from reading your post it looks like you came out pretty good! Congratulations on the new Fit and on the price as well! Was your previous Fit the Revolution Orange?

Strangely enough I just saw a OM 2012 Fit that I had test driven earlier this month being discounted to invoice. Wondering why the big discount when just a few weeks ago they were pushing a hard bargain. Starting to grow mold at the dealership?

Anyway, looking forward to hear how you like it and how it differs from your 09.

Thanks GTRPLYR. I'd prefer to have not had the accident at all, but since I can't change history I have to acknowledge that I made out pretty well. The insurance payout will cover the entire cost of the new car. Not much to complain about other than premiums that will certainly increase!

I don't know what the story is with the pricing. I was told at the dealership that because they have the highest volume in the region they're able to run these specials. I was also told this is their busiest week of the year, so it may be an unusual promotion, with the loss written off to advertising.

For the price, I would have taken any color, but it happened to be my first choice. While I was making the purchase I saw a family getting into my car - still on display in the showroom - and I half wanted to tell them not to bother.

eurobeaner 12-28-2011 08:59 AM

New fit freak here! Just purchased my 2012 fit last Thursday. 2012, polished metal metallic sport MT. Traded in my 07 element SC (MT as well) and got a great deal. I actually work at Acura, and we also own a Honda dealership. So I went there to get my fit. 16,750+tax (roughly $400 on the difference from the element). I also got discounts on everything else. 120k 6 year bumper to bumper for $1000, console for $172, all season mats for $92, cargo tray for ~$100.

So far I'm loving my fit. The element had a heck of alot more grunt, but man this thing handles like my old civics. Can't wait to do a little here and there.

clemsonteg 12-28-2011 07:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's my 2012 sport m/t. Mods so far (not pictured) oem vent visors, weather tech digital floor mats, yellow fogs with film from azncarbos, tiger tail :D, and flipped front tag bracket ( helps protect the front and keep from scratching the bumper)

Attachment 29597
Flipped tag bracket
Attachment 29598
Tiger tail!
Attachment 29599

afreespirit 12-28-2011 07:43 PM

Haha, awesome pix! Welcome, new members and Fits! :D