Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   2012 Fit Buyers Check in!!! Welcome and Congrats! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/69034-2012-fit-buyers-check-welcome-congrats.html)

rhouck 01-10-2012 02:07 PM

After weeks of research, shopping, and test driving... finally bought a 2012 Fit base A/T in white on Sunday! Well, technically it is my girlfriend's car... but given my role in the entire purchasing process (and that I have driven it to work the last couple days!) I feel alright about claiming some interest in it ;). It's a nice little car and, most importantly, she loves it :)

Researched a LOT of cars and actually test drove:
- Yaris
- Accent
- Fiesta
- Fit

It came down to the Fiesta and this. While the Fiesta had a more exciting electronics package, the interior space, visibility (she is short), and reputation for reliability won over.

I already ordered the ProClip mount for her phone (based on pictures from threads here), so I figured I should say hello and thank you for the resource.

white_FIT2012 01-10-2012 03:17 PM

ordered 12 fit sports from honda factory at the end of oct/11, white, AT, picked up last week w/4 miles on odomtr. paid $18000 out the door.

ed_in_texas 01-10-2012 08:45 PM

http://ecf.smugmug.com/Other/SmugSho...t6903834-L.jpg

Here is a picture. Base manual with 205/55R16 Conti DWS on TR motorsports C1. Black paint to make the front look less like a small aircraft.

SPEC 01-11-2012 05:05 AM

Just bought a fit with 3 miles on it for my wife. Honda fit sport A/T white/blk interior Looks exactly like the fit page one, post #3 except for has rear wing and tint

Not sure if all the fits have these options but here is what i've got:

paddle shifters
carpeted and all weather mats cargo cover
pulse brake lighting (thought it was funny they tried to sell this to me)
16" premium wheels w/ locking lug nuts..pretty much every option except navigation.
Tint for life of vehicle (transferable)
6 years 100k miles ext warranty w/honda care and roadside assistance (transferable)
5 years epa (manufacturer paint defect/fade/chip or interior stain/rip/burned replacment)
car detail for length of ownership (non transferable no interior :( )
5 year ding sheild (paintless dent/ding removal)
Gap insurance
TTL
Total price borrowed from my bank with all things considered 21,484

canuck901 01-13-2012 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by rhouck (Post 1063113)
After weeks of research, shopping, and test driving... finally bought a 2012 Fit base A/T in white on Sunday! Well, technically it is my girlfriend's car... but given my role in the entire purchasing process (and that I have driven it to work the last couple days!) I feel alright about claiming some interest in it ;). It's a nice little car and, most importantly, she loves it :)

Researched a LOT of cars and actually test drove:
- Yaris
- Accent
- Fiesta
- Fit

It came down to the Fiesta and this. While the Fiesta had a more exciting electronics package, the interior space, visibility (she is short), and reputation for reliability won over.

I already ordered the ProClip mount for her phone (based on pictures from threads here), so I figured I should say hello and thank you for the resource.

congrats on your purchase! Luv the fit, i have driven a lot of cars and sell some on the side as a hobby, fits are one of my favorite vehicles.
hands down the practiciality and economical and reliability factor are 2nd to none.

RaymondT 01-13-2012 01:09 AM

I've put down a deposit and should see my new 2012 Fit Sport next week. A few automatic 2012's have started to trickle in (B.C., Canada) but I'm holding out for a 5-speed manual. Bought the 7 yr, 130,000km warranty and a few grand worth of Honda accessories. Going with the grey metal paint. Something about the Fit tells me I'll never get tired of seeing it in the driveway.:)

canuck901 01-13-2012 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by RaymondT (Post 1064047)
I've put down a deposit and should see my new 2012 Fit Sport next week. A few automatic 2012's have started to trickle in (B.C., Canada) but I'm holding out for a 5-speed manual. Bought the 7 yr, 130,000km warranty and a few grand worth of Honda accessories. Going with the grey metal paint. Something about the Fit tells me I'll never get tired of seeing it in the driveway.:)

the MT's are rare because there's not much demand for them.

but congrats on your purchase and to be honest, buying extended warranty is waste of $$$$$ on this car.
It is the most reliable car on the market, but I guess you have not owned a honda before :rolleyes:
Congrats on your purchase!

Redfitowner 01-13-2012 01:49 AM

Just purchased a 2012 Honda Fit Sport with automatic transmission tonight. My wife wanted us to own a "red" car so that is what we purchased. I was surprised that I found the red seemed to "fit" this sporty little car very well. Quite a transition from my previous car, a 2000 BMW 5 series wagon.

zilla8 01-14-2012 05:51 PM

Hello Freaks :) picked up my BRM 2012 Fit A/T a month ago today

I'm coming from a 600hp supercharged 2011 Mustang 5.0 with 6spd manual so the Fit is a tad slower but just as fun to drive.

I've lurked for a while and I'm up to speed on all things Fit so I plan a few suspension mods and lighter wheels/tire

When I posted on the Mustang forum that I sold my Stang for a Honda Fit they went crazy and got my thread removed for all the childish bashing on the Fit :)

eurobeaner 01-14-2012 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by zilla8 (Post 1064505)

I'm coming from a 600hp supercharged 2011 Mustang 5.0 with 6spd manual so the Fit is a tad slower but just as fun to drive.

I've lurked for a while and I'm up to speed on all things Fit so I plan a few suspension mods and lighter wheels/tire

When I posted on the Mustang forum that I sold my Stang for a Honda Fit they went crazy and got my thread removed for all the childish bashing on the Fit :)

Lol, nice. I guess you'll have the last laugh at the gas station. The fit is slow, but peppy with the manual, and handles well. Great car to take and auto x as a stocker.

afreespirit 01-14-2012 06:52 PM

When I posted on the Mustang forum that I sold my Stang for a Honda Fit they went crazy and got my thread removed for all the childish bashing on the Fit
That is hilarious. :p

alam99 01-15-2012 07:10 AM

I'm interested to hear why you traded your Mustang for a Fit. Please share!

BlueBoogers 01-15-2012 08:27 AM

I traded a 2010 GT for my Fit 18 months ago and I had six Mustangs before that. You're not alone here.

BlueBoogers 01-15-2012 05:10 PM

I traded my 2010 Sport 5AT for a 2012 Sport 5MT. Both white. :)

Sooner97 01-15-2012 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by BlueBoogers (Post 1064731)
I traded my 2010 Sport 5AT for a 2012 Sport 5MT. Both white. :)

Congrats! I did the exact same thing, except mine was a 2009 that I'm selling. Just came in from taking off my headlights to do the retro, it was a little trickier then I thought but finally got them out. Gonna clean them and then paint them tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for all your help.

BlueBoogers 01-15-2012 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sooner97 (Post 1064789)
Congrats! I did the exact same thing, except mine was a 2009 that I'm selling. Just came in from taking off my headlights to do the retro, it was a little trickier then I thought but finally got them out. Gonna clean them and then paint them tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for all your help.

Fingers crossed for you!

Stay tuned to my thread for the extreme side of retrofitting a Fit. :D

Sooner97 01-15-2012 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by BlueBoogers (Post 1064792)
Fingers crossed for you!

Stay tuned to my thread for the extreme side of retrofitting a Fit. :D

Definitely! I'm really excited to see what yours will look like. Good luck to you too!

zilla8 01-16-2012 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by BlueBoogers (Post 1064640)
I traded a 2010 GT for my Fit 18 months ago and I had six Mustangs before that. You're not alone here.

haha that's great I know I'm not alone.I can't wait to get my suspension and upgrade my tires.

I'll take my Mustang buddies on a little canyon run and see who has the last laugh:vtec:

RaymondT 01-17-2012 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by canuck901 (Post 1064048)
the MT's are rare because there's not much demand for them.

but congrats on your purchase and to be honest, buying extended warranty is waste of $$$$$ on this car.
It is the most reliable car on the market, but I guess you have not owned a honda before :rolleyes:
Congrats on your purchase!

Guys, a lot happened in the last few days. Sitting in my driveway is a brand new Golf TDI. Both the wife and I were really looking forward to our new "Made in Japan" Honda Fit. I stumbled onto that article about Chinese Fits being imported into Canada so I called the dealer and had them read off the VIN number of the Fit that was on it's way. Sure enough, it started with "CA" and not "J". And the dealership is coming across that it was news to them. Talk about poor product knowledge. I was even willing to purchase a Fit from the U.S. with a VOID warranty but the wife wouldn't go for it. So we settled on our second choice, the Golf TDI.

Sure, the chinese Fit's may eventually prove to be as good as the Japanese ones but it's not a chance I'm willing to take. I've had enough junk from China and even when things look really good on the outside, there's usually something... Funny how the Honda Motor Company doesn't think chinese cars will go over very well in the U.S. but it's OK to dump them on us Canadians. :mad:

Sorry about the vent. Good luck with your rides!

atokin 01-17-2012 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 29233
i actually purchased this 2012 sport manual on 12/23/2011... the car now has tint and i also covered the stock fogs with yellow film. i got into the honda scene back in 1997 and now that im older i dunno if i'll be modding this one much :rolleyes:... only thing that bothers me about this car is the missing 6th gear! i have tried to put it into 6th gear (reverse) three times already lol... reason being that i owned an 08 civic si and the car feels exactly the same inside lol