Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   2012 Fit Buyers Check in!!! Welcome and Congrats! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/69034-2012-fit-buyers-check-welcome-congrats.html)

Redfitowner 01-26-2012 07:12 PM

GAFIT, they punch that piece out of the front bumper for a tow hook?

GTRPLYR 01-26-2012 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Redfitowner (Post 1068072)
GAFIT, they punch that piece out of the front bumper for a tow hook?

Yup that's what they did.

http://image.hondatuningmagazine.com...t_tow_hook.jpg

funks 01-27-2012 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by rossmeister (Post 1066258)

3) Honda engineers have got to find a way to add more power. 117 hp is okay, I guess. But 138 (like on the '12 Kia Rio) would be even better. Or perhaps keep the same power plant but use a 6 speed tranny instead?

Honda needs to add a small turbo :)

Redfitowner 01-27-2012 06:41 PM

Just installed the cargo cover I ordered. Those clips were not easy to attach to the hatch. First attempt by hand caused a very small scratch on the glass. Used a screwdriver to press them down. I don't intend on damaging the rear seats for the flaps. Do most who have purchased/installed the cover just let the flaps sit on top of the back seats?

Others seem to question the cars power. Personally I find the power quite adequate. I have not found any problem getting up to freeway speeds and in general I find the car has good acceleration. The more I drive it the more I like it if I can get the keys away from my wife.

loders 01-27-2012 08:02 PM

Attaching the flaps was fairly easy since the back seats have zippers you can unzip and line up the screws with. The holes already are in the frame of the seats.

Redfitowner 01-27-2012 10:54 PM

loders, I don't recall seeing any zippers on the back seats but I may have missed them.. I will have to take a look tomorrow. Thanks.

loders 01-28-2012 01:21 AM

Yup they are hidden but they are at the base of the seat back folded in. You don't really need to zip them all the way up...just enough to get your arm under so you can feel for the holes on the seat frame. Poke a hole through the fabric and screw in the snap. Glad to help.

BK12 01-28-2012 08:24 PM

2012 Fit Sport, Alabaster Silver.A/T. Purchased it last night 1/27/12.
OTD= 18,796

aaronp808 01-28-2012 09:02 PM

new owner report - how to drive it new?

Wife and I just bought a 2012 Sport AT. It was $18,827. $17,540 base plus options, mainly the remote starter which will be niiiicceee in Boston winters. :) I used the Consumer Reports referral system, which locks in the base price so there is no haggling. It was nice. The only dealer pressure was with the warranties, which wasn't even bad and easy to resist.

I have the manual, but pick up the car in a few days. Is there any certain way I should drive it at the beginning? The last new car I bought was a Saturn in 1998 and the manual told me to drive it at a consistent and high speed for about 50 miles sometime in the first month. I don't see anything like that in the Fit manual.

Redfitowner 01-28-2012 09:55 PM

My 2012 Fit Sport's manual if memory serves talks about driving the first 600 miles without "red lining" or overly aggressive acceleration. I think it talks also about avoiding aggressive braking the first 200 miles. I had the same question when I purchased my car and was advised to vary the speed when driving. There has been no problem keeping the car out the red zone entering and driving on the freeway. Personally, I find the car has plenty of pep while still keeping the rpm's low with the automatic transmission. I hope you enjoy your new Fit as much as I do.

2012FitFan 01-28-2012 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Redfitowner (Post 1068689)
My 2012 Fit Sport's manual if memory serves talks about driving the first 600 miles without "red lining" or overly aggressive acceleration. I think it talks also about avoiding aggressive braking the first 200 miles. I had the same question when I purchased my car and was advised to vary the speed when driving. There has been no problem keeping the car out the red zone entering and driving on the freeway. Personally, I find the car has plenty of pep while still keeping the rpm's low with the automatic transmission. I hope you enjoy your new Fit as much as I do.

What Redfitowner said. ^^^

Here's what the FAQ says under my Owner Link account:

What is the break-in period of my Honda?

Help assure your vehicle's future reliability and performance by paying extra attention to how you drive during the first 600 miles (1,000 kilometers). During this period:

• Avoid full-throttle starts and rapid acceleration.
  • Avoid hard braking. New brakes need to be broken in by moderate use for the first 200 miles (300 km).

BK12 01-29-2012 01:39 AM

I was told to do the hard break in. I've heard good viewpoints from both sides. I'm not sure really who is correct.

Redfitowner 01-29-2012 09:53 AM

I have seen different views on this forum on how to handle the break-in period. From past experience which has included more cars than I like to admit which has included many European, American and Japanese models, no manufacturer or dealership recommended a "hard" break-in.

BK12 01-29-2012 01:06 PM

When I bought the Honda Fit a few days ago, the Fleet Manager guy we did all the paperwork with asked if I was going to be doing a hard break in. He said he has done that with every Honda he owns. He did not specifically recommend me to do it but he hinted that I should.

Is there maybe an in between break in that you could do a little of both?

Fit4aQN 01-29-2012 10:14 PM

2012 Fit Sport Auto. Orangeburst

Bought yesterday from Murray at San Francisco Honda for 18.7k o.t.d. With 1.9% financing LOVE IT http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/7d10e562.jpg

dogofyourdreams 01-30-2012 11:47 AM

Greetings ...

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. Lots of valuable information at Fit Freak!

Pictures will follow, though I'm not sure my vehicle is so interesting as others pictured on these forums. Purchased on 1/29/12: 2012 AT base model, white, with the three options I really wanted: fog lights, splash guards, and rear bumper applique.

Sale price was $15,550 plus the whopping sales tax ($1430) plus the whopping CA DMV fees ($215) plus documentation ($55) for an out the door price of $17250. Try as I might - I checked Internet pricing at seven dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area - I couldn't get anyone to budge below $15,550.

Initial impressions: love the car!

To do list: front floor mats (I see various tips in the forums on which to buy, and where); the best cargo liner on the planet (information on this item is less abundant). This vehicle will be driven with the rear seats down more or less all the time, leaving all the back to my dogs.

GTRPLYR 01-30-2012 02:31 PM

Nice to see some new fellow Bay Area Fit owners on board. Nice color choice Fit4aQN ;) I also bought my Fit at SF Honda and it was a pleasurable buying experience over there. SF Honda is the former Fillmore West Auditorium, did you get a chance to see the concert posters in the showroom?

Dogofyourdreams I can see you;ll definitely want a full cargo liner with the dogs. The carpet is like velcro for fur & dried grass. May have to improvise as Honda only make the rear cargo liner that sits behind the rear seat area and has a big lip on it. The rear cargo liner wold be a good stat though an you could possibly cut the lip off so that when you fold down the back seats that 1-2 edge wouldn't be in the way. Form there not sure what you could do to protect the seat backs.

Welcome! :wavey:

Btrthnezr3 01-30-2012 02:40 PM

Would this help?

Honda Cargo Liner (Fit) - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

dogofyourdreams 01-30-2012 08:00 PM

Yes, thanks for the lead, that one from Bernardi definitely is along the lines of what I've got in mind; it's the same liner that the Honda dealer parts department sells, but Bernardi's price is a bit better.

I've seen a couple of others, though, that seem to protect the rear interior doors too. I'll keep looking around ...

twotonezed 01-30-2012 11:50 PM

2012 still GE8?

I just picked up my Polished Metal Metallic Sport today. Even the drive home on the highway was enjoyable. I do have one general question about it. I know they made the GD3 version and the GE8. Before I go and start buying parts for it I seem to really find parts only to 2011. There were no major changes for 2012 so I can order parts for the 2011 and they will work right?