Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   2012 Fit Buyers Check in!!! Welcome and Congrats! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/69034-2012-fit-buyers-check-welcome-congrats.html)

fstyle751 01-18-2012 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by BlueBoogers (Post 1064731)
I traded my 2010 Sport 5AT for a 2012 Sport 5MT. Both white. :)

Did your change from AT to MT have nothing to do with the trade?

fstyle751 01-18-2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sooner97 (Post 1064789)
Congrats! I did the exact same thing, except mine was a 2009 that I'm selling. Just came in from taking off my headlights to do the retro, it was a little trickier then I thought but finally got them out. Gonna clean them and then paint them tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for all your help.

How does your MT MPG compare to your AT MPG. What is your % of highway driving?

eurobeaner 01-18-2012 06:37 PM

update to my post, had the fit ALMOST a month (it will be a month on the 22nd). loving it every minute. its got 2880 miles on it so far. not a single problem yet. i put a glasscoat on it, put my door edge film, the yellow foglight film, and bumped my psi up to 42

BlueBoogers 01-18-2012 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by fstyle751 (Post 1065639)

That's about 98% the reason for the trade.

fstyle751 01-18-2012 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by BlueBoogers (Post 1065648)
That's about 98% the reason for the trade.

BlueBoogers 01-18-2012 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by fstyle751 (Post 1065669)

Haven't had the chance to fill it up yet. :D

I drive about 8 miles on the highway to work each way and three more on surface streets. I imagine similar numbers between AT and MT.

DeathBySexy 01-19-2012 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pulled the trigger today, MT in PMM. Super hard to find, lucked into this one. Only addition was factory tint, 20% to the rear. Just need to get some on the front and even it out. Loving the car so far, though definitely regret the 12k mileage lease, I can tell I'm going to want to drive the crap out of this car.

Attachment 88732

GTRPLYR 01-19-2012 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by DeathBySexy (Post 1065737)
Pulled the trigger today, MT in PMM. Super hard to find, lucked into this one. Only addition was factory tint, 20% to the rear. Just need to get some on the front and even it out. Loving the car so far, though definitely regret the 12k mileage lease, I can tell I'm going to want to drive the crap out of this car.

Nice, Congrats! YEa, the MT's are a bit rare and my findings in NoCA was that each dealer only had 1 or none vs 10-15 AT's.

It sure is a fun car to drive, good luck with the 12K a year lease condition!

2012FitFan 01-19-2012 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I picked up my 2012 Sport A/T six weeks ago. $18,675 OTD.

Attachment 29213

BlueBoogers 01-19-2012 08:38 PM

Great color. I ordered orange and then called at the last moment and changed it to white. I knew there would be times I disliked the orange.

2012FitFan 01-19-2012 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by BlueBoogers (Post 1065914)
Great color. I ordered orange and then called at the last moment and changed it to white. I knew there would be times I disliked the orange.

Thanks BB. :) Interestingly enough, I went into dealer looking at a different color and chose OBM when I saw it on the lot.

I'm driving around a 2011 Fit base rental now. The difference in cabin noise is fairly significant. I bet you're enjoying your new 2012! :vtec:

GAFIT 01-19-2012 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by DeathBySexy (Post 1065737)

https://i.imgur.com/NH1bWl.jpg

Jealous...that is exactly what I would like...'12 Sport MT in PMM :)

oneadamz12 01-20-2012 08:45 PM

I'm 6'5" and am amazed at the room. I love this car. 2012 Fit MT 19,700 OTD. They had to pick it off another lot. This is my second new car purchase. My first was a 05 duramax 4x4. The truck is gone now. Is it wrong that I enjoy driving the fit more?

2012FitFan 01-20-2012 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by oneadamz12 (Post 1066174)
I'm 6'5" and am amazed at the room. I love this car. 2012 Fit MT 19,700 OTD. They had to pick it off another lot. This is my second new car purchase. My first was a 05 duramax 4x4. The truck is gone now. Is it wrong that I enjoy driving the fit more?

Congrats! Post pics. :)

I was amazed at the room myself. I'm 6'2". My wife went to dealership and was skeptical. When salesperson showed us the Fit, she was stunned at the room. Amazing thing is, with seats all the way back I can seat in back seat just fine. We tried that when we looked at the Focus and no way, no how it was going to happen.

BlueBoogers 01-20-2012 09:48 PM

Old (2010) and new (2012) together as I signed the papers:

http://i43.tinypic.com/muzaqq.jpg

GTRPLYR 01-20-2012 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by oneadamz12 (Post 1066174)
Is it wrong that I enjoy driving the fit more?

Not at all! I forgot how much fun driving could be until I got my new Fit. Kudos to Honda for making this little Econo Box so stylish and fun! :vtec:

BlueBoogers- Cool side by side shot of your 2010 & 2012. Could have kept the old one and started a fleet!:rotfl:

rossmeister 01-21-2012 01:23 AM

Proud 2012 owner!

I love my Fit. I hate my Fit. I love my Fit. I hate my Fit. As with all things, there are both Pros and Cons, and the newest model Fit is no exception. So, long story short. Here are my Pros and Cons:

Pros
1) Nimble handling, good road manners, takes bumps and potholes rather nicely but still able to maintain control. Ride is surprisingly smooth for a car of this size.

2) Technological advancements make my old car (2002 Saturn SL2) seem downright prehistoric. Drive-by-wire throttle. Standard ABS, standard Traction Control, TPMS. Well, to be perfectly honest, three of the above mentioned are Government mandated items, but I thought I'd throw those in just for ****s and giggles. I particularly like that electronic 'Fuel Minder' whatchamacallit. Gives me MPG at a glance. Neat, really neat.

I now have a CD player capable of reading WMA files. Not only that, I can even hook up my iPod as well. I've never had the chance to use the last feature yet though. Mostly because I'm so absent minded that I bring either the iPod or the cables, but never both. Here I sit in my Fit, (hey, that rhymes!) with cables in my hand, but iPod is in the house being recharged. Two days later, I have my iPod, but forgot cable in my locker at work. *Sigh* Sometimes ya just can't win.

3) Driver's seat ride height allows a short and puny person such as myself the ability to see 'just over that hedge yonder'. Now I don't have to inch my way out and slam on my brakes when another car appears out of nowhere cuz I'm too "vertically challenged" to see over that danged hedge!

4) Very well thought out interior. Though will never beat a Beamer or Lexus for quality, I like the overall layout. Everything is within easy reach. And that says a lot. BTW, because I'm "vertically challenged", my arms are correspondingly "horizontally challenged", if there is such a thing. If I can reach controls with nary a stretch, then it's good in my book.

5) Driving is fun again. My previous-previous car ('96 Civic DX) had a five speed tranny. I missed it so much that I wanted my next new car to have one. 13 years and over 175K miles later, Presto change-o I have it! The engine horsepower rating may not sound like much, but with a stick, more power becomes available. I can make the tires chirp and let people think I'm a ca-razy idjut. I can climb inclines with ease, even with the A/C running! As Fred Flintstone would say, "Ain't that a kick in the head".

6) Freakishly huge storage space with rear seats folded down. I think of all the current hatchbacks on the market, only the Hyundai Elantra Touring is larger. Please note that the words, "I think" are used loosely.

And now, the dreaded Cons:
1) Yes, I did mention that the interior design was well thought out. Except for one little minor thing: cup holders spread throughout the cabin are not large enough to hold anything bigger than a 12 or 16 oz cup of my favorite carbonated, sugar laced and caffeine enhanced fizzed soft drink. 32 or 44 oz? No freakin' way will they fit!

And since we're on the topic of interior design, wish more smaller sized "Hidey holes" were available for assorted junk like small change, driving glasses (my old eyes just ain't what they used to be), etc.

2) Blind spots. Since the Fit was redesigned with a more aggressive forward slant of the A pillars, going into a left turn leaves me partially blind to that side. I almost ran over a guy crossing the street because the A pillar was in my way.

Backing up can be a challenge. I can't help but feel that I'm trying to look through a long cave. But I think that is the inherent weakness of all hatches and wagons.

3) Honda engineers have got to find a way to add more power. 117 hp is okay, I guess. But 138 (like on the '12 Kia Rio) would be even better. Or perhaps keep the same power plant but use a 6 speed tranny instead? There are times when 3rd gear is not enough, and 2nd is overkill. I think a 6 speed would be superior over the current 5 speed.

Anyways, that's about it. For me, the Pros of owning and driving the Fit far outweigh my picky Cons. Summary: I'm so glad that I chose a Fit!

2012FitFan 01-21-2012 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by rossmeister (Post 1066258)
Anyways, that's about it. For me, the Pros of owning and driving the Fit far outweigh my picky Cons. Summary: I'm so glad that I chose a Fit!

Nice write up! :)

loders 01-22-2012 01:34 PM

New 2012 owner

1 Attachment(s)
After two weeks I'm still loving my 2012 OBM Fit Sport 5M. $17388 w/wheel locks and door edge and wheel well guards (was already installed before I saw the car).

I agree with a lot of the previous comments especially the need for more power and a 6th gear. I'm probably biased because I also have a 2002 DSM Acura RSX Type-s which is plenty modded. 3000rpm at 70mph would be nice and improve mpg a little although passing would require a downshift but that's why people who get manual transmissions want. I was hoping Hondata would design a reflash for the Fit. Maybe if enough of us send then queries about it they'll do it. Anyway, my primary reason for getting the Fit was to make my 50 mile, one way commute fun and less draining on my wallet.

Attachment 29141
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/%3Ca...%22%3E%3C/a%3E

Redfitowner 01-22-2012 01:48 PM

Interesting thing happened today and perhaps those on the forum can explain it. We were down a bit below half a tank of gas so we filled it up and I reset the trip/mpg computer. Well, after this with our regular in town driving the mpg meter numbers started traveling north. At the end of the day driving with no freeway mileage the car was averaging 33.4 mpg. Before this we were seeing around 28. With the car having around 200 miles, will I see further improvement over time?