2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rakuten Global Market

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator
Rakuten Global Market

Has anyone successfully ordered JDM parts from Rakuten: Global Market - Shopping Japanese products from Japan ? Found some shuttle parts i'm willing to test fit on my fit.

Was shipping an arm and a leg like other online stores from Japan? Did it take long?

Difficult to get a shipping price from them, since the shipping price is not charged at point of purchase. The seller will contact you with the shipping charge after.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I haven't yet, but ITEM9 over at the CRZforum has... here's some of his posts...

Originally Posted by ITEM9
I bought them from a vendor on rakuten.co.jp and had them shipped internationally through tenso.com, which is a forwarding service. I used Google Chrome with Google Translate to automatically translate pages. I was thinking of writing a DIY on how to order stuff from Japanese websites sometime soon.
It cost me about $200 to get them over here .
ITEM9's Build Thread: JR Supercharged PWP EX 6MT - Page 9 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
So realizing that the Fit RS and the CR-Z share fogs and discovering that there are yellow fogs available for the Fit RS in Japan, I just had to have them. I was kind of intrigued by the LED fogs that became available recently, but they were pretty pricey and I just straight up like yellow better. I also wanted to experiment with ordering directly from a Japanese website and using a forwarding service to do the international shipping. I bought them from a vendor on rakuten.jp and used tenso.com to do the forwarding. It's a little intimidating at first to order stuff in a foreign language, but with Google Translate I got by ok. It took me awhile to figure what was going on with Japanese addresses as well. Anyways, I must have done it right, because Tenso received my package and then I got it a few days later. I took some pics of them while unboxing and with them on the car. I installed them while the bumper was off for the JRSC install. Here's the pics:
ITEM9's Build Thread: JR Supercharged PWP EX 6MT - Page 11 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
It comes out to about $200 shipped to Tenso and it cost about $35 for Tenso to forward it to me including their service fee.
This is the page that I bought them from:
item.rakuten.co.jp/desir-de-vivre/fit201205-61/
Here is the forwarding service that I used:
Forwarding service connecting overseas customers and Japanese online stores [ Tenso.com ]
Use Google translate to translate the pages in that are in Japanese.
From what I understand, he bought items from rakuten, then shipped them to Tenso who then shipped them to him here in the states. Using Tenso, you can also buy off yahoo auctions and Tenso will ship to you here in the US. He was saying he might do a step by step DIY, but not sure if he ever put one together. One can figure it out pretty easy using the info above though.
There's also nengun.com (I believe), and the easiest way is to email japanparts.com a pic or a link of the items you're looking for and they will add them to their catalog.. not the cheapest but the simplest. It will come out less expensive if you go the rakuten-tenso route (but will take some translating & navigating of sites).

If you try it, let us know what Shuttle parts fit the USDM GE8.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
awesome reply, +rep to u FitStir.

the shuttle parts i'm looking at specifically are the mugen infinity grill and the modulo front bumpers. also the modulo splitter lip. i'm not quite sure if the USDM rear bumper is the same as the Shuttle rear bumper (it appears more elongated than ours), so i'm not sure if the modulo rear bumper would fit, but it would be great if someone can confirm part numbers etc. I can't seem to find a shuttle parts list to compare part numbers with.

i have emailed 3 stores for stock confirmation, and so far only one has confirmed stock for the shuttle grill. i'm waiting for the front bumper to reply, bc that's the one i really want.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Hmmmm... good choices/ideas... from what I've read/heard the fit shuttle front should be just like our USDM GE8's. If those fit you're almost there since for the rear you can just use the JDM GE8 Mugen rear (iirc, the rear conversion is much, much simpler; only requiring removal of the USDM bar or something).

Oh, also I forgot to mention, I believe rakuten doesn't ship directly to the US which is why he had to use a forwarding service.

I'm not sure how Item9 confirmed the parts #'s but I believe on google somehow, maybe searching yahoo auctions or rakuten searching/cross-referencing the part #'s. Might be a good idea to sign up over at the www.crzforum.com and ask him.

Good luck, and from your parts list, the end result will look GREAT!!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
yep, i know u have to use a forwarding service, i may end up buying the modulo middle piece first

Rakuten: Fitting shuttle Freon Troyes garnish (blue metallic) Honda genuine part fitting shuttle parts [gp2 gg7 gg8] parts pure Honda Honda pure honda part option- Shopping Japanese products from Japan

It's only $150 + ungodly shipping. If it doesn't fit then I won't cry so much if i opted to get the other parts which are around $500+ungodly shipping. If it fits at least i'll be 99% sure the other parts will fit.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Good idea, go small until you know the other parts fit.

From your parts list the final product will definitely be unique and look good.... Love those Modulo parts.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
ok that was pretty simple. i placed an order for the modulo middle garnish and the modulo Fit Emblem ring.

Cost was about $214 with domestic shipping to Tenso. I guess i'll find out how much international shipping is from Tenso in a few days.

I made a Tenso account as suggested from the crzforums and the website comes in English format also. They have a very simple diagram to follow on how to purchase from several jp websites.

1. Make an account in Tenso
2. Shop Rakuten, Amazon.jp, etc
3. Ship domestically to Tenso
4. Tenso will weigh and email back when they receive product to how much international shipping costs.
5. Wait for it to come in the mail, hopefully customs don't kill you.

Its very useful to use Chrome because it has a built-in translator, but I also found it useful to use the separate google translator and flip the website back and forth to its english and jp versions, and just translate some text manually which Chrome would miss.

Tenso also provides how to enter your Tenso address for each individual website. Rakuten for some reason would not accept kanji text in the english version of the website, but Tenso will provide you with exactly how to enter your Tenso address in english to the Rakuten website.

Thanks for the help. I hope this information also helps someone else brave enough to purchase from japan directly. I'll post pics soon as i get the stuff here and the install.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
i did notice that Rakuten is also offering international shipping, however, the prices are upto the individual vendors. Tenso would be the best way, since their prices are alot more predictable versus the vendors that may gouge you with international shipping. Some websites already charge an arm and a leg such as autostylejp, that charge almost the same price as the product.

Hopefully everything works out well.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator
little update:

Tenso finally got my package and gave me its shipping price. The cost of shipping was $33.20. The package consisting of the lower front bumper garnish and an emblem cost $216.27. Not bad, I would say.

I also ordered a 3D carbon fiber rear honda emblem decal which cost about $21. With shipping it ended up to be $42.93. Pretty much twice the price for an item that weigh ounces.

Tenso is the way to go. Unfortunately, since Tenso only received my order today - a friday, it won't be shipped until Monday. I can't wait to see if my garnish fits.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Item said the same thing... Tenso's the way to go.
Looks like it's a quite economical way of buying/shipping JDM items over here.

Can you request parts that are not on their site also at Rakuten?

Old 11-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
i've been emailing a couple of the vendors, some have been helpful, but the language barrier is huge. its so hard to understand my question and their responses. Another vendor, upon realization that I was from the overseas, simply responded I don't transact internationally. I don't know if they will help you locate parts that are not on Rakuten though.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
Ok so after 6 days, both of my orders are here.

Here's a little preview, i'll check fitment and install later when I have time.

Name:  IMG_09931.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  30.0 KB

Name:  IMG_09921.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  IMG_09881.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  IMG_09871.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  39.2 KB

Old 11-26-2012, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Gotcha... checking out the site, overall most of the parts I need they have on Rakuten, for the 2-3 small items I can order them thru japanparts.com, they already added them for me. Also from what I'm noticing as well, it's going to come out cheaper thru Rakuten...

Congrats on the parts!!!! I see you got the "puffy" carbon fiber steering wheel emblem. Nice...

Old 11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
lol thanks. actually its the rear emblem. i just finished installing the fit emblem ring and the 3d honda logo decal.

i compared some prices between rakuten and the US websites of these japanese vendors and the mark up is even higher before shipping. Rakuten + Tenso is the way to go. Did I mention that they are running 50% off shipping through Tenso until the 29th? Too bad I need to go pay off my credit cards first.

so far fitment on the front lower garnish is good. i don't have enough time to install it today. i'll try tomorrow.

Name:  IMG_0998.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  86.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0995.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  94.9 KB

the website says that the color was supposed to be metallic blue, but it comes out to be more like a metallic slate (dark gray with a hint of blue).

Last edited by xxryu139xx; 11-26-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator
also for those others willing to search Rakuten, here are some search tips for u:

keywords:
ge8
gp2/gg7/gg8 (Honda Shuttle)

also use just simple words like bulb, lamp, mirror, they have different terminologies or translation for english words.

also, the japanese version of the site and the english version of the site shows different results sometimes.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
next experiment, front grill. i would eventually get the mugen front half or the bless front half.

help me choose one:

Mugen Grill + Front Half Lip:

Name:  mugen.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  15.6 KB

Bless Grill + Front Half Lip:

Name:  bless.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  80.0 KB

Personally I like the Mugen better. Lines are more seamless and I'm sure fitment would be impeccable. Not to mention I can get it already painted in ASM. I'm also not quite sure how I would access the Fog light assembly underneath when I have to change the bulb. Bless looks alot more aggressive, but i'll have to get matching sideskirts too because of the lip. The Mugen flows more seamlessly with with the existing sport kit.

Last edited by xxryu139xx; 11-26-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Oy. It's terribly difficult to navigate through Rakuten, but I did manage to eventually find the Modulo front caps for the Shuttle. I think Ryu's lower garnish is enough to confirm that the 2012 bumper is indeed the same as the Shuttle's, which is great news for us.

Get the Mugen grille and tell us how it goes! I'm looking into doing the Modulo front caps, but I need to replace my spoiler first

Old 11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
$1,000 Mugen madness going downtown

Old 11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Whoa. That Bless thing is rad.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Madness is LED fog conversion kit. 1200 dollars right there...

Quick Reply: Rakuten Global Market