2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emergency brake warning

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Emergency brake warning

I put the emergency brake on last night, just to clean under the arm. Left it on all night in the garage, backed out this morning and forgot it was on, put it in reverse and noticed in two feet and released it. The light (brake) stays on and it beeps non stop. Drives fine, doesn't seem that the brake is engaged at all. I did a few starts/stops/on/off/rest and it still came right on. As I drive if I push in the button on the handle even without lifting it the beeping stops, light stays on, then will come back on after a while. Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2015, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Did you use any liquid cleaner around the parking handle area?

Old 04-25-2015, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by daves007
I put the emergency brake on last night, just to clean under the arm. Left it on all night in the garage, backed out this morning and forgot it was on, put it in reverse and noticed in two feet and released it. The light (brake) stays on and it beeps non stop. Drives fine, doesn't seem that the brake is engaged at all. I did a few starts/stops/on/off/rest and it still came right on. As I drive if I push in the button on the handle even without lifting it the beeping stops, light stays on, then will come back on after a while. Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks!
I suggest you never fully released the ebrake. not that you didn't release the handle but that the mechanism didn't. so pull both wheels and inspect the ebrake parts to see if it did release and if the sensor also indicated correctly.
cold weather and ice will do that easily; did you have rain and freezing overnight?
ps check both wheels even if you think you found the problem on the first wheel.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the reply. I kept working it, and it eventually "set"? Drove it around and set and unset the Ebrake a few times and walla, it went down and set perfectly, lights off, warning went off. It just went down that last 32nd of an inch I guess to where it needed to be. Something was preventing it from dropping all the way down. Weird but fine now. Maybe something was stuck in the mechanism of the Ebrake handle.