2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS ---- Will this suck a bunch cash out of wallet

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 01:11 PM
I got to watch the video... Pretty much in it's entirety. (it was very informative)

What I wonder???? is regarding assigning ID's to the wheel sensors.....

Is it possible I wonder to have the ECU hold it's four ID's representing ID'S for the "four wheels"

AND then

The summer and winter tire sets (distinguished by ::::: that the tires physically look different)
So they can Share the use of those four Id's in the ECU.
MEANING: 8 tires using 4 ID's (Wheel sensors respectively : Their id's are duplicates)

This idea alleviates the repetitive programing when swapping winter tires for summer

Is this possible?

I am thinking that is because in the video he mentions changing the ID of the one wheel sensor that he replaces.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by justus
I got to watch the video... Pretty much in it's entirety. (it was very informative)

What I wonder???? is regarding assigning ID's to the wheel sensors.....

Is it possible I wonder to have the ECU hold it's four ID's representing ID'S for the "four wheels"

AND then

The summer and winter tire sets (distinguished by ::::: that the tires physically look different)
So they can Share the use of those four Id's in the ECU.
MEANING: 8 tires using 4 ID's (Wheel sensors respectively : Their id's are duplicates)

This idea alleviates the repetitive programing when swapping winter tires for summer

Is this possible?

I am thinking that is because in the video he mentions changing the ID of the one wheel sensor that he replaces.
If you use a non-oem tpms that can be programmed then yes, you can have multiple sets of 4 with the same exact numbers and swap anytime you want.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:48 AM
That is decent.....

Still working on rims.... Found three... but, I think if I find a place with a fulll set I can haggle better.....
And local part supplier is looking into TPMS reset for me..... see what the cost is.... I will post.... details and brand...

Old 12-11-2018, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carotman
No, the VSA is enabled by default on the car. If the system detects a fault, you can't disable the VSA anymore. If the TPMS light is on, you cannot disable VSA. This would be a real problem in the snow.
I'll have to throw on the spare (no TPMS sensor) and see what happens. My experience was 40,000 miles ago, so don't remember if it said "Off" or "On" but the light / indicator was lite up and I couldn't turn the light out pushing the button. BTW, my owners manual was only in black & white ('11 Sport AT) and there are differences like "DRL". I have to assume that my daylight running lights are on.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:47 AM
So all Hondas Have VSA since 1997?

Is that the deal?

So, there was a time when VSA could be disabled? just curious whatyear/ when that was?

Old 12-11-2018, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
So all Hondas Have VSA since 1997?

Is that the deal?

So, there was a time when VSA could be disabled? just curious whatyear/ when that was?
2012 was the first year it was required in the US. Our 2008 Fit does not have ANY form of drivers aids. One of the reasons why we keep it.

2011 was the first year for VSA in Fit's.

Only higher end sports cars offer the ability to turn off VSA completely.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:41 PM
Thanks! Gafit Info good to know.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:45 PM
Gabe's Hacks: How to clone and program new TPMS sensors with Autel MX Sensors & MaxiTPMS PAD

SixIam

Check this URL out.... Let me know what you think...... GabesHacks...

He actually uses a device to read RFID of wheel sensor while on wheel is on the car (both on and off the car) AND THEN CLONES the Wheel Sensors....
(The Process being called :::::::::::: Cloning a TPMS Wheel Sensor) (google it up)
This is the IDEAL picture for Having winter tires...... and functional TPMS

I am not advocating this brand that he shows..... Still I am looking.... I think there are cheaper devices(RFID readers)
but, there has to be competitors doing this......
The machine he is using is like fifty dollars...... I am going to keep looking for Products
to do this cloning for Hondas Will post more as I find material that is somewhat relevant....
Stay tuned here Six... and let's figure this out.....

Last edited by justus; 12-11-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Gabe's Hacks: How to clone and program new TPMS sensors with Autel MX Sensors & MaxiTPMS PAD

SixIam

Check this URL out.... Let me know what you think...... GabesHacks...

He actually uses a device to read RFID of wheel sensor while on wheel is on the car (both on and off the car) AND THEN CLONES the Wheel Sensors....
(The Process being called :::::::::::: Cloning a TPMS Wheel Sensor) (google it up)
This is the IDEAL picture for Having winter tires...... and functional TPMS

I am not advocating this brand that he shows..... Still I am looking.... I think there are cheaper devices(RFID readers)
but, there has to be competitors doing this......
The machine he is using is like fifty dollars...... I am going to keep looking for Products
to do this cloning for Hondas Will post more as I find material that is somewhat relevant....
Stay tuned here Six... and let's figure this out.....
Yes, I should have clarified in that is what I meant by programmable. I personally prefer to use stock TPMS, but yeah those ones in the link are designed to be cloned or programmed with the existing sensor codes.
The good part about them is the little stand to program them is less than $50 on eBay. However the programmable TPMS don't seem much cheaper than OEM. Also not sure what you do if you can't get any signal from the old ones.

Yesterday I got my ATEQ Quickset ($124) and OEM TPMS sensors in the mail. Honda uses TRW brand.
I read all the current TPMS codes with the Quickset and as I suspected the front codes and the back look different. Meaning that what I suspected of the front being older than the rear seems to match up.

I was planning on changing the front TPMS on Saturday, but lo and behold my TPMS light was out today. I did a double take and even restarted the car to see if the light had burned out.
The light is fine, so for some reason the Quickset must have reset my TPMS computer. Might just be the little warmer weather we have had allowing the TPMS battery enough voltage to send a reading.
In any case I have the parts to replace them and change the sensor ID codes whenever the light comes back on.

Last edited by SiXiam; 12-14-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:03 AM
That is something aye..... No TMPS.... anymore........

Yeah, dead sensor which can't be read..... Then pop it out of the tire..... read what is printed on it (providing no one assigned in a New ID)

Yeah, they were expensive sensors........

Your ATEQ..... Quickset.... Do you like it?????

AND you can then with the ATEq program any sensor you like(change a sensors ID)......

So the cost of the Ateq..... Ok, over 100 bucks but, you get the freedom to use any sensors?

Thnks, J