2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by phogroian
Hacked the seat belt clasp so I can start the car with the seat belt disconnected without the warning chime going off. Explained here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...lt-sensor.html
Bad move - but I already know your answer...
K_C_

Old 06-05-2010, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure what you mean- all safety components are still functional- the seat belts, the emergency seat belt tensioner, all airbags, the seat position sensor that reduces the velocity of the airbag when the seat is in the forward position ("smart" airbag feature). All that's gone is the chime. I can start the car and then put on my seat belt. No chime. I can bring the car to a stop (engine still running) and my passenger (that I am dropping off) can take off his seat belt to exit from the car with no chime. I wear my seat belt and insist that my passengers do also. In no way is the car less safe.

Last edited by phogroian; 06-05-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
I drove 5 hours...1 to pick up the family's new free iPad and 4 to my old home town of Houston. Fun with family and friends FTW!

The fit was loaded down to the max. Didn't even have one finger gap in the back. She made 40 mpgs!

Old 06-06-2010, 01:41 PM
I took off the 30-day tags and put on my license plate and frame. Had to get extra screws since the dealer only used the top two...could not stand the vibrations from the botton of the plate and frame. Also got in an RS emblem and placed it on the rear right side, opposite the FIT emblem.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by phogroian
In no way is the car less safe.

Last edited by jondotcom; 06-06-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Yesterday, I picked up the mugen front lip and a jdm badge for the rear.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Tinted my car on Saturday with 15% Suntek all around with a 10" strip on the windshield and I got to say it's looking good

Old 06-07-2010, 11:49 AM
pics pls, I am am thinking something on the windshield too :-)

Old 06-07-2010, 07:37 PM
i would also like to see pics please! might be tinting soon

Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by stockrex
pics pls, I am am thinking something on the windshield too :-)
sorry guys its too late to tak pics now but tomorrow I'm giving the baby a wash and I'll post some pics after!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
I got my license plate from my dealer today.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:28 PM
I want to tint the windshield lol just real lightly I think it would help alot I tinted the side mirrors and it helped with the hids everyone behide me has at night lol but today I built a Sri and installed it love the sound and there is a little more mid and top end can't wait to take it for a trip on the freeway

Old 06-08-2010, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
Ordered my Swifts and book appointment for next Tues at my Dodge dealer to install them.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
Swapped out the superbright leds with v-leds that have the heat sinks last night.

Depo RS tails scheduled to arrive tomorrow as well.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Ordered my Swifts and book appointment for next Tues at my Dodge dealer to install them.
If you were living in this area I know someone with a TW Sport that could help with the installation since she is off for the summer.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If you were living in this area I know someone with a TW Sport that could help with the installation since she is off for the summer.
If she were really nice she would drive up here and help me. It is only a bit less than 1400 miles or 23 hrs. She knows which end of wrench to hold then?

She has warned me to be careful removing the two corner pieces of the cowling. I am doing that part myself before I go to dealer. I asked about cutting the bump stops and A said you did not cut hers so going to leave mine alone as well.

I have estimate of two hours labour so not too expensive.

bill

Old 06-09-2010, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
Picked up and installed velour dashboard cover, cutting a slit through it so my Garmin mount pokes through (kinda makes it more like an in-dash navi as opposed to on-dash). Replaced stock parking, dome, and cargo lights with SMT LEDs. Kept the old bulbs, just in case (especially the parking light; I hear LEDs get baked from the headlights).

Old 06-09-2010, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
If she were really nice she would drive up here and help me. It is only a bit less than 1400 miles or 23 hrs. She knows which end of wrench to hold then?

She has warned me to be careful removing the two corner pieces of the cowling. I am doing that part myself before I go to dealer. I asked about cutting the bump stops and A said you did not cut hers so going to leave mine alone as well.

I have estimate of two hours labour so not too expensive.

bill
It took me a bit longer than 2 hours because of my arthritis and chronic back pain.... It takes me 5 times longer to do what I could a year ago..... You have made a great choice for springs..... They are a little bit stiffer than stock but the lighter weight and lots of travel actually improve the ride as well as the handling.... She was on the ball and did a lot of the job herself and when I would take a short break she was able to keep wrenching... When I said I needed a drink she brought out some bourbon....Some people are better than others when its time to get out and get under. I'll bet you start speeding up to go around turns after they are on.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Well i didnt do anything today. But the other day my buddy helped me instal my new Tanabe Medallion Touring axle-back.

First major mod. Sounds greeeaat. Deep tone, loud enough to hear, but not loud enough to be ricey or annoying. Barely any highway drone. I love it

Hopefully get some pics/video up eventually

Old 06-11-2010, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Finally put the S8L7 sub in. I made a 1.15cuft slot port box for it. It fits into the spare tire well, since my car didn't come with a spare and just the puncture kit. Plenty of space to still house the kit, the tool bag and a socket set.

Powering the sub and front components are a Kenwood XR4S (I believe that is the model, too lazy to verify). I wanted small and somewhat light. Well I could of went lighter with the box if stayed sealed, but with what I built it doesn't sound like a 8" sub at all. It is perfect for in-cabin listening and doesn't disturb other drivers on the road with annoying bass (been there done that many years before). The false floor still exists and I have it actually magic taped (velcro) to the box. Laid excess box carpet into the wheel well, not that anyone will really see it, but it dressed it up nicely. Didn't go all out with it, just a quick makeover. No pics yet, but if anyone is interested, I can take some after work today and post up.

Only reason I did this, I started listening to old CDs and missed the lower spectrum of notes. The components sounded alright for what they are, but of course they are not going to bring depth to much below 60Hz. Very pleased with the outcome and a friend at work was shocked that it was just the 8" making all the ruckus.

Also washed the car, replaced the T1R neo-chro lugs with Project Kics neo-chro lugs. That was what I did yesterday evening.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?