2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Reintroduction : 2012 Tafetta White GE8 AT

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
forsure! what part of socal are you from? Most of us are spread out

Rear diffuser is going on next week
Small update- JDM tail lights are installed

where did you find those tail lights? I've been looking around and I cant find them. I must not be looking right

Old 02-18-2012, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
I picked up my set from a local member. There's some sets on sale for here on FitFreak, just keep your eyes open!

Old 02-19-2012, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
New pics

Old 02-19-2012, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
Two more!

Old 02-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Looks awesome!!!! I keep going back and forth on keeping my stock wheels or going aftermarket like you.

I actually like the stock 2012 sport wheels but then I see your car and well

I have yet to see a modded Fit here on the Westside of L.A. but I'm sure I will soon enough.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:23 AM
loved your 09 GE8...

I got a 2011 GE8 in vortex blue with a 5 speed. so far i only put 6k hid, yellow fogs, led plate lights. i wanna go jdm rs. im mostly looking for the tail lights right now. next change is mugen shift knob or jdm hazzard switch..any suggestions on where to find those lights???

Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Drop it like it's hot!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Drop it like it's hot! Looks good though...

Old 02-19-2012, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
I just can't get over the direct profile of the Fits there, damn that snoz is enormous. The larger Fits here also come with this front end, but with the extended rear it doesn't look as goofy to my eyes.

Sorry, not downplaying your car as all the North American models are this way, doesn't look bad at certain angles at all, but directly from the side...ugghhhh NA and its ridiculous standards.

Glad you weren't hurt and decided to jump back in a Fit, though an autotragic... hahaha I kid, if it works for you then it's all good.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
New pics
[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7196/6900881505_6864e74907_z.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7056/6900882649_61fc3d9a2f_z.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7200/6900883155_a4803cfd35_z.jpg[/IM]
aaand now I want base tails.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zilla8
Looks awesome!!!! I keep going back and forth on keeping my stock wheels or going aftermarket like you.

I actually like the stock 2012 sport wheels but then I see your car and well

I have yet to see a modded Fit here on the Westside of L.A. but I'm sure I will soon enough.
If you're not going to drop it, stick with the stock wheels. I think it looks a bit goofy on 17's without a drop, but I have to wait til July to do that
I don't see many modded Fit's by me either, I think I've spotted two or three in the last 8 months haha.

Originally Posted by jdmGE8_under_construstion
loved your 09 GE8...

I got a 2011 GE8 in vortex blue with a 5 speed. so far i only put 6k hid, yellow fogs, led plate lights. i wanna go jdm rs. im mostly looking for the tail lights right now. next change is mugen shift knob or jdm hazzard switch..any suggestions on where to find those lights???
Thanks, my 09 is dearly missed lol.
There are a couple people on this forum that sell them from Thailand or where ever, it'd probably be easiest to go through them. If not Depo makes a replica of them.
JDM RS Red Taillights
Just be sure they are in stock, I got stuck in a 5 week wait until I just asked for my money back and got a real set.

Originally Posted by lowkeymods
Drop it like it's hot! Looks good though...
If I could've dropped it by now I would

Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
I just can't get over the direct profile of the Fits there, damn that snoz is enormous. The larger Fits here also come with this front end, but with the extended rear it doesn't look as goofy to my eyes.

Sorry, not downplaying your car as all the North American models are this way, doesn't look bad at certain angles at all, but directly from the side...ugghhhh NA and its ridiculous standards.

Glad you weren't hurt and decided to jump back in a Fit, though an autotragic... hahaha I kid, if it works for you then it's all good.
It does look kind of disproportional, but contrary to you I think the rear bumper balances it out a bit. Even the 2012's over there still have a shorter front end, the design just looks similar. I think the 2012 US front ends look much better than the 2009-2011 though.

I don't mind the automatic, no matter what auto vs manual debate you get into. It works for me personally, and the paddle shifter system is pretty nice. I do miss the feeling of heel toeing and double clutching though :/

Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
aaand now I want base tails.
Base tail lights + TW = sex!

Old 02-20-2012, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
Hello FittedOnEm

Do you know the weight per wheel of your Momo Revenge?

Thanks

Thanks

Old 02-20-2012, 03:17 AM
Thumbs up

JDP Rear Diffuser is on
I know it's at the same exact angle as the other pic, just waiting to do a few other things before a real photoshoot.

Also just ordered the things I need to reinstall the HU, along with pedals and window visors
That JDP Rear Diffuser is looking good.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hastri
Do you know the weight per wheel of your Momo Revenge?
No I don't, sorry
They came with the car when I bought it.

Originally Posted by Miike
That JDP Rear Diffuser is looking good.
thank you thank you

Old 02-23-2012, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE=FittedOnEm;1075538]If you're not going to drop it, stick with the stock wheels. I think it looks a bit goofy on 17's without a drop, but I have to wait til July to do that
I don't see many modded Fit's by me either, I think I've spotted two or three in the last 8 months haha.

Thanks, my 09 is dearly missed lol.
There are a couple people on this forum that sell them from Thailand or where ever, it'd probably be easiest to go through them. If not Depo makes a replica of them.
JDM RS Red Taillights
Just be sure they are in stock, I got stuck in a 5 week wait until I just asked for my money back and got a real set.

thanks for the info...im new into building and my friend who has a dc2, wont let me get any non factory jdm parts..i want the clear ones not the red lights. you got any other suggestions i should do to my ge8?

Old 02-25-2012, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmGE8_under_construstion
thanks for the info...im new into building and my friend who has a dc2, wont let me get any non factory jdm parts..i want the clear ones not the red lights. you got any other suggestions i should do to my ge8?
I'm not sure where to source out the clear ones, sorry man.
As far as other mods go, do what YOU want to do to it. Get the mods that you like, not what everyone else goes for just to fit in. I can appreciate a build much more when the owner isn't so concerned about everyone else's opinion of their car, brings out more personality.

Anyways, as far as my Fit is concerned, I've decided to leave it at stock height until I can afford coilovers (lol it's going to be awhile). Since it's just my daily and it's an automatic, I might as well just roll low and slow haha. Here's a photoshop of where I want it to ideally sit:

By my guesstimate, that's about 2.8" lower than stock.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Looks great! Its nice to see someone else modding a 2012. I like the wheels alot! My only suggestion would be to ditch the front plate...idk i think it just looks horrible on these cars. When I got mine from the dealer I told them to not put it on. They were a little confused lol.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Theos92vr4
Looks great! Its nice to see someone else modding a 2012. I like the wheels alot! My only suggestion would be to ditch the front plate...idk i think it just looks horrible on these cars. When I got mine from the dealer I told them to not put it on. They were a little confused lol.
I'd rather have it on and not have to deal with the fix-it ticket, especially since I have my front windows tinted already (illegal as well). I don't think the plate looks that bad lol.

Washed it again today, took a couple pics.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
^^^ nice! I noticed you debadged it. I did that to mine, too. For some reason it looks better and cleaner to me.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Agreed, I was thinking about leaving it on but it looks much better without it. I might do the JDM wiper mod again, not sure though.

Quick Reply: Reintroduction : 2012 Tafetta White GE8 AT