3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Has anyone ever taken their Honda Fit 2015 ex on a road trip?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
I love my 2016 EX automatic for summer and winter road trips. I have ice and snow tires mounted in the winter which makes it very sure-footed on ski trips still, I think it's a good performer on the highway any time of the year. The only complaints I have about the Fit are there are not enough intermittent wiper settings, the air conditioning seem a bit weak and the "carpet" in the way back is awful.

Old 03-12-2023, 04:36 AM
From Kyiv, Ukraine to Amsterdam, Netherland and return - 5 000 km. No problems, just pleasure.

Old 03-24-2023, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Press Fit
I love my 2016 EX automatic for summer and winter road trips. I have ice and snow tires mounted in the winter which makes it very sure-footed on ski trips still, I think it's a good performer on the highway any time of the year. The only complaints I have about the Fit are there are not enough intermittent wiper settings, the air conditioning seem a bit weak and the "carpet" in the way back is awful.
Amen on the intermittent wiper settings. I have a 2017 EX-L, and the wiper speeds don't work well in the Pacific Northwest. There's off, low which is too slow to be useful for much, mid which is near constant and too fast for a drizzle, and high for rainstorm. The rain here almost always seems to be between low and mid settings. I was very disappointed to find that the 2018 model year, I believe, added a true intermittent wiper setting along with restoring the volume knob and some other things.

I personally don't find the Fit comfortable for long road trips, being a taller guy with an average build. My lower back and butt start to complain after a couple of hours, and the road noise makes it harder to chat with passengers, especially in the rear seat. The headlights are just OK, and I'm increasingly getting blinded at night as more and more people move from cars to SUVs with their higher headlights. But I road trip rarely, and love it around town, especially while parking. I just wish we had access to the new hybrid model that Europe gets, as the fuel economy in urban areas is only fair for a small vehicle. My lifetime average with the Fit is around 32.5mpg according to the trip computer; most of that is on city streets. The fuel economy goes way up with a light foot on the highway. My perfect road-trip Fit would be much quieter, have more comfortable seats, soak up potholes and expansion joints better, and offer a 50mpg+ hybrid engine. With the 95% city driving that we do, we'll eventually be replacing it with a PHEV or EV.

Old 03-24-2023, 07:21 PM
I'm planning on driving from DC to Florida and back sometime in the next month or 2. I may take my 15 LX.

I don't do too many long drives, but I do a lot of driving. I find it comfortable enough and even with my lead right foot, I still average MPG in the mid 30s.