3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

On Sale Date in U.S.?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
from the pics off the assembly line....I find the newer fits will have rather small rear side windows....wow! u can see it clearly on the red one being assembled

Old 02-28-2014, 04:13 PM
I hope that tiny little window doesn't leave it with a huge blind spot. That's what I hated about my CRZ.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
I just hope North America gets the yellow color FIT
love to buy a yellow color one

Old 03-03-2014, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tweeter
I hope that tiny little window doesn't leave it with a huge blind spot. That's what I hated about my CRZ.
That's a pretty big concern of mine too. I drove my parents' new CR-V when I was visiting a couple of weeks ago; horrible blind spots that look like they were designed so that you HAD to use the rear camera, which I don't see as a good thing. I fear a similar outcome with the new Fit, which is silly on such a small car.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by tommycrx
That's a pretty big concern of mine too. I drove my parents' new CR-V when I was visiting a couple of weeks ago; horrible blind spots that look like they were designed so that you HAD to use the rear camera, which I don't see as a good thing. I fear a similar outcome with the new Fit, which is silly on such a small car.
The blind spot in the CRZ was horrible, and no rear camera. Changing lanes was an adventure, I ended up turning in the seat to check that it was clear. That's one reason I love my little CRX.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:26 PM
So I just received a very confusing email from my local Honda dealership here in Kansas City. I have been exchanging emails with them the past few days and, in their latest reply, the dealership told me they would not have any pricing info until late this year or EARLY 2015. Has anyone else come across this from their local dealership? Is this a case of these guys not knowing what the hell their own company is planning or is the release of the new Fit going to be limited in 2014 with a nationwide roll-out in 2015?

Old 03-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Steve35
So I just received a very confusing email from my local Honda dealership here in Kansas City. I have been exchanging emails with them the past few days and, in their latest reply, the dealership told me they would not have any pricing info until late this year or EARLY 2015. Has anyone else come across this from their local dealership? Is this a case of these guys not knowing what the hell their own company is planning or is the release of the new Fit going to be limited in 2014 with a nationwide roll-out in 2015?
My dealership told me a few days ago that I could pre-order the 2015 in the next few weeks, latest, so your dealership e-mail is way off base and you should at least make a phone call and tell them that the 2015's are being built and that started last month (Feb). Was also told it would be close to May for sales at least here in Florida.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Best guess on nationwide delivery for 2015 fit is late April, early May as it appears they will stockpile current production in order to get each dealer a representative sample of the new vehicle.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
SR45, I see you're in Dunedin! We're in the process of selling here and moving there. I've been coming down there since 1982 when my parents moved there. Can't wait! Who's a good dealer?

(I'd PM you but I'm tech challenged.)

Old 03-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by exl500
SR45, I see you're in Dunedin! We're in the process of selling here and moving there. I've been coming down there since 1982 when my parents moved there. Can't wait! Who's a good dealer?

(I'd PM you but I'm tech challenged.)
I buy from Courtesy Honda (Formally called "Palm Harbor Honda" on US 19) and have been doing so for the last 7 purchases. I do my home work, bring in or have them give me the "Black Book" Used car prices, than after the work is done negotiating, I ask them to give me three to four free oil changes, add Tinting, and mud flaps for free. They still get me though.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks! I'm hoping the new Fit is available once we get down there since we'll need a car pretty much right away, and it's one of my choices. I haven't owned a car since 1978 so this ought to be fun.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by SR45
My dealership told me a few days ago that I could pre-order the 2015 in the next few weeks, latest, so your dealership e-mail is way off base and you should at least make a phone call and tell them that the 2015's are being built and that started last month (Feb). Was also told it would be close to May for sales at least here in Florida.
Thank you very much, SR45! I was kind of thinking that this dealership was way off based on everything I've read. Hell, in a follow-up email this same dealership said they couldn't verify that the new Fit was even in production! Obviously not feeling very comfortable with this dealership's lack of knowledge on their own product, I've since contacted another local Honda dealer.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Is there any reason we cannot get more information from Japan? Apparently, the 2015 Fit is already on the roads in Japan, and/or other places in the world. We seem to know so much about everything in the world through the web....is there any reason that we cannot get all the details about the '15 Fit? Like pictures to see what the windows really are like? And reviews of how the car is doing in Japan, or wherever?

Old 03-06-2014, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
My buddy at Headquater Honda in the Orlando area said they are supposed to get 6 '15 Fits around April/May.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
I called Honda Canada customer service and they had no clue when the new FIT will be available here. They told me to ask the dealer I told them I did and the dealer had no clue either, actually the dealer hadn't even heard of a new Fit coming out.

I'm looking to replace a 15 year old Honda Odyssey and would like to know when the car can be purchased so I can plan accordingly.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:00 PM
April 14

according to this page on Honda's site

Old 03-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Well, I had the opportunity to sell one of my CRXs and pick up an Integra Type R. I weakened. Nothing like going from one impractical car to another.

Going to be hard to justify a FIT now, but after I drive one, who knows. Either way, can't wait to see one.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
I think the '15 will be a good car, but it still looks like a Hyundai Accent hatch.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cbradio
April 14

according to this page on Honda's site
Good find!
Kinda hate, if this is correct, that all of those electronics will be standard, though, on the EX. Would prefer much simpler, but with a sunroof. And I'm guessing that you won't be able to get a sunroof on the standard Fit. Oh well, I'll live.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
I am afraid Honda is going to price themselves out of the market with the features they are apparently putting on the Sport (EX now). I cannot see paying close to $20,000 for a Fit Sport. I will probably buy a 2014 Hyundai Accent SL Auto, w/sunroof and options for about $18,500 OTD. Believe similar cars to the fit are going to be offering deals around the time of the Fit release.

Quick Reply: On Sale Date in U.S.?