3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by SkylineFTW97
Mystic Yellow Pearl has since become my favorite GK5 factory color.
+1
Yellow also depreciates the least and is far safer at preventing accidents caused by others (that last part I made up)
Forbes article on car values based on color.
My second choice is the orange offered on later GK5's.
It's nice, but not quite as nice as the yellow.

Last edited by BMWguy22; 02-12-2023 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2023, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by atomicwrites
JDM is less wide (squarer)?
yeah, maybe like an inch and a half shorter in width and more squared out

Old 02-12-2023, 01:19 PM
So today I parked too far forward I guess and when I backed out the car stopper ripped the bumper completly off the car. I have a bad habbit of parking with the wheels touching the stopper cause on both of my parents cars that's usually fine. All the plastic pin things broke, and I dragged the front on the ground a bit (it was attached to the car via one of the wheel well covers). Its attached enough right now.
OK so yesterday I finally pulled the bumper off to asses damage and attach it properly(ish). I had been running with just zip ties through the top three holes for clips (around the hood latch). Seems not too bad. The two screw holes bellow the headlights are ripped, but it looks like the pressure of the screw on the bracket is what holds it in so it isn't loose.

The plastic push clip rivet things along the top and bottom are all gone (they were shattered on the ground) but I guess they did their job as all the holes for them on the bumper are intact. So I put in zipties on all of them and have a pack of the proper clips on order.

This is the only screw that stayed attached and was the culprit for the bumper getting dragged along rather than falling off completely. Don't think this rip is that bad as this doesn't actually hold the bumper to the car but rather the fender liner to the bumper. Not sure why the liner is attached with plastic clips everywhere other than here.

Now the most messed up part is the two fender liners. This isn't all from being loose now though, they were loose and chewed IP by the wheel when I boudt it. This just undid the fix we had done.

Need new clips, temporarily fixed with zipties but unlike the bottom of the bumper there no clean way to route them here.

Left and right liners are pretty chewed up. This was already a little damaged but I think not this much. Still have enough material to secure it though.

On one side the aforementioned screw ripped out of the plastic. More zip ties! The other side held (unfortunately).

Overall damage was not significant, the worst is the paint. So I feel pretty lucky.

Old 02-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by BMWguy22
+1
Yellow also depreciates the least and is far safer at preventing accidents caused by others (that last part I made up)
Hmm, would it be legal to paint your whole car retroflective?

Old 02-12-2023, 03:11 PM
+1
Orange is actually one of my 2 favorite colors overall (#2 is black. My birthday is October 30, I missed being a Halloween baby by less than 12 hours. Probably explains it). But I'm not as big a fan of the burnt orange they used. That and it's only available on post facelift models which are more expensive.

Old 02-12-2023, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
Definitely in the way. I would have moved to the side and kept connected. Hopefully they didn't charge you an ac refill etc. I guess it could be done without taking off the front cover but it didn't look like it to me. All three surfaces, the block, the pan, and the front cover are flat faces and met together under the crank and are held together with Honda Bond and bolts, but no "gasket." The bottom of the bell housing also bolts to the oil pan but no bond there... good luck, I would check for leaks daily for like a month .
Oh I forgot to check before but this is what I was actually billed, no AC stuff mentioned.

Old 02-12-2023, 07:53 PM
Oh I forgot to check before but this is what I was actually billed, no AC stuff mentioned.
They might not have to disconnect the A/C lines to remove the compressor. Just unbolt it from the block and disconnect the belt. Then just push it out of the way long enough to slide the old one out and the new one in.

Not saying this definitively as I've never had to replace a pan on an L15, but I'm speculating.

Old 02-12-2023, 08:04 PM
Orange is actually one of my 2 favorite colors overall (#2 is black. My birthday is October 30, I missed being a Halloween baby by less than 12 hours. Probably explains it). But I'm not as big a fan of the burnt orange they used. That and it's only available on post facelift models which are more expensive.
I find the later model in orange seem to mostly be auto.
Maybe most GK5's that are late model are all auto?

Old 02-13-2023, 07:17 AM
Does your rear window washer not work, or just barely dribble? It could be that the hose is kinked and pointed in the wrong direction. All you have to do is to remove 3 screws under the wing to gain access.

Old 02-14-2023, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by nayov
Does your rear window washer not work, or just barely dribble? It could be that the hose is kinked and pointed in the wrong direction. All you have to do is to remove 3 screws under the wing to gain access.
Wouldn't cutting the hose to a shorter length eliminate all kinks/pinch spots?
Basically, create a "U" shape?
In your "updated" pic, it seems like there's still a pinch in the hose.

Old 02-14-2023, 06:42 AM
There's still a kink which is permanent so really I need a new hose; cutting it wouldn't work because of not enough flex. I works fine, so for now good enough.

Old 02-14-2023, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
They might not have to disconnect the A/C lines to remove the compressor. Just unbolt it from the block and disconnect the belt. Then just push it out of the way long enough to slide the old one out and the new one in.

Not saying this definitively as I've never had to replace a pan on an L15, but I'm speculating.
I wonder what hazardous waste they had. There's no charge for "Oil Disp" - oil disposal or oil dispensing. And what shop supplies did they use? Hand cleaner? Paper towels? I notice there's no charge for electricity, office furniture, printer ink. That dealer had better get with the time. He's losing a fortune! 🤣

Old 02-14-2023, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
I wonder what hazardous waste they had. There's no charge for "Oil Disp" - oil disposal or oil dispensing. And what shop supplies did they use? Hand cleaner? Paper towels? I notice there's no charge for electricity, office furniture, printer ink. That dealer had better get with the time. He's losing a fortune! 🤣
Uh, maybe the supplies is hondabond or something? Idk. But yeah its always weird to see tiny charges tacked on to big bills. And as per hazardous was e only thing I could think of is like oily rags or something?

Old 02-14-2023, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by nayov
Huh, actually just used the rear washer today for the first time and noticed it does just drop a stream. Is it supposed to spray like the front or is the problem only is there too little coming out?

Old 02-14-2023, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
That's some cheap labor. We charge $185 out here in Cali

Old 02-15-2023, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
Huh, actually just used the rear washer today for the first time and noticed it does just drop a stream. Is it supposed to spray like the front or is the problem only is there too little coming out?
Yes, that's right. What I do is turn on the washer just when the wiper gets to the bottom - home position. I give it a good squirt, and it does a pretty good job. Well, make that several good squirts.

Old 02-15-2023, 12:22 PM
Does anyone know if the Bride/Recaro seat rails from the JDM GK5 will work on the USDM ones? Was debating on replacing the driver seat with either a Bride Stradia, Euroster, or a Recaro SR-7 but didn't really want to do a lot of custom seat rail work.

Old 02-15-2023, 07:05 PM
I find the later model in orange seem to mostly be auto.
Maybe most GK5's that are late model are all auto?
No, all years were offered as manual. I just worked on a manual 2018 LX not too long ago.

Old 02-15-2023, 08:04 PM
No, all years were offered as manual. I just worked on a manual 2018 LX not too long ago.
I'm sorry, what do you mean?
In my post I was referring to most late model FITs being mostly autos and not manual (at least up here in Canada).
...at least in my observations.

Old 02-15-2023, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by howarejew
That's some cheap labor. We charge $185 out here in Cali
Oh wow. Yeah I'm in south Florida.Not as expensive as most of California but not a cheap state AFAIK.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?