3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by howarejew
That's some cheap labor. We charge $185 out here in Cali
Only slightly cheaper than that here in the DC area. Good thing I do all my own labor.

Old 02-17-2023, 08:47 PM
Cool

installed spoon rearview usdm gk rearview mirror! install was super easy and literally took 5 minutes. arrived pretty quick from spoon usa, about 80 shipped
it had pre-attached 3m foam adhesive backing, just cleaned up the original mirror and stuck on the new mirror on top. FOV is much better and it helps a lot with glare at night. if you move your head over just a little bit you can see your whole blindspot on the passenger side.

Old 02-18-2023, 12:48 PM
How do you like your dashmat?
I bought one decades ago for my BMW.
Considering the large dash on the Fit, I figured it'd benefit from one on there too.
Glare has been reduced to 0 with it and it makes the interior a little more cozy.

Old 02-18-2023, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by BMWguy22
How do you like your dashmat?
I bought one decades ago for my BMW.
Considering the large dash on the Fit, I figured it'd benefit from one on there too.
Glare has been reduced to 0 with it and it makes the interior a little more cozy.
its great, the glare from the dash was driving me crazy and this cuts it down to almost nothing. it gets a lot of compliments which is surprising. i got the suede type mat which i think looks a little cleaner than the more carpety material and i like that theres a cutout for the light sensor for auto headlights
it attracts dust and lint like CRAZY though. its not too hard to clean at least
i did cut the dashmat logo off because it was annoying too lmao

Old 02-18-2023, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gk5_myp
Does anyone know if the Bride/Recaro seat rails from the JDM GK5 will work on the USDM ones? Was debating on replacing the driver seat with either a Bride Stradia, Euroster, or a Recaro SR-7 but didn't really want to do a lot of custom seat rail work.
I didn't find anything immediately available. If they only make a driver's bracket it will not work because right hand drive. The bolts in the floor board are different heights and widths horizontally and vertically. If they sell a matching set and the passenger system is equal in strength to the driver's, that will work.

Bunch of seat rail fab. Momo brackets on order. Likely wil just bolt to the frame to get as low as possible.

The rear mounting locations are at an angle.

Old 02-18-2023, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by tito1
its great, the glare from the dash was driving me crazy and this cuts it down to almost nothing. it gets a lot of compliments which is surprising. i got the suede type mat which i think looks a little cleaner than the more carpety material and i like that theres a cutout for the light sensor for auto headlights
it attracts dust and lint like CRAZY though. its not too hard to clean at least
i did cut the dashmat logo off because it was annoying too lmao
Nice, glad you like yours too.

I have the "carpety" one on both cars and it never looks dusty or dirty.
I guess that's a benefit of the material- dirty or clean, it looks the same lol

Old 02-19-2023, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
I didn't find anything immediately available. If they only make a driver's bracket it will not work because right hand drive. The bolts in the floor board are different heights and widths horizontally and vertically. If they sell a matching set and the passenger system is equal in strength to the driver's, that will work.
Hmm. Thanks for the insight. Might be more work than I'm willing to do for now. Though I'll probably get sick enough of the OEM seats eventually.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I think someone has managed to install the Buddy Club bucket seat with matching rails (I'm only 90% sure those rails are for the JDM model). Unfortunately, I'm not trying to install a full side-mounted bucket seat.

Old 02-20-2023, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMWguy22
I'm sorry, what do you mean?
In my post I was referring to most late model FITs being mostly autos and not manual (at least up here in Canada).
...at least in my observations.
There are quite a few Fits around here, and I usually peek inside as I walk past them in a parking lot. I don't recall ever seeing a manual shift Fit.

Old 02-20-2023, 08:10 AM

As I get old, I learn that simply having fun is the best part of car ownership. So the little things count for so much more. Pretty much stock but, with black paint, an 8-ball shifter puts a smile on my face every day. Went LED bulbs all-around (waiting on plate bulbs) today, but may switch back if the hyper-blink gets too annoying. Hyper-blink: damaging or just annoying? Cheers, yinz.

Old 02-21-2023, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Today I replaced the windshield fluid motor and both nozzles. (175K miles)

At anything over 55mph the sprayers basically just hit the bottom of the window. I've tried adjusting the previous nozzles, no real change.

1. Nozzle change. No difference, even with adjustment. ($15)
2. Motor change. Better, but still shit over 60mph, maybe slightly better. ($40)

My next step is to try and blow out all the lines. There was some stuff at the bottom of the washer tank, but the screen on the motor is pretty fine so don't expect much to be in there. Car is garage stored and gets a wash every week in the winter.

I've owned the car since new (2016) and don't recall this problem for the first few years of ownership. Anyone else having the same issue? The threads here mainly talk about not working at all.

Old 02-22-2023, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Superhatch
Today I replaced the windshield fluid motor and both nozzles. (175K miles)

At anything over 55mph the sprayers basically just hit the bottom of the window. I've tried adjusting the previous nozzles, no real change.

1. Nozzle change. No difference, even with adjustment. ($15)
2. Motor change. Better, but still shit over 60mph, maybe slightly better. ($40)

My next step is to try and blow out all the lines. There was some stuff at the bottom of the washer tank, but the screen on the motor is pretty fine so don't expect much to be in there. Car is garage stored and gets a wash every week in the winter.

I've owned the car since new (2016) and don't recall this problem for the first few years of ownership. Anyone else having the same issue? The threads here mainly talk about not working at all.
Funny, but I posted about the same thing a while ago. I tried adjusting the sprayers, etc. When the car is going very slowly, it's fine, so that's when I use the washers the most. Otherwise, the stream hits the bottom of the windshield. I'm sure there is a more powerful pump somewhere that could carve my initials in the windshield, but after nine years, I've learned to live with this one.

The problem is that if I'm driving in slushy weather on an Interstate, and my windshield is blasted with slush from a truck, the washers will be useless.

PS - Is it just me, or is the text on this forum tiny-tiny?

Peterbilt pump -
Amazon.com: Truck Windshield Wiper Washer Fluid Pump for Peterbilt 104307 New : Automotive Amazon.com: Truck Windshield Wiper Washer Fluid Pump for Peterbilt 104307 New : Automotive

Last edited by SilverEX15; 02-22-2023 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-23-2023, 05:44 PM
Rez
More Lift for the LiftFit

27 inch all terrains up front and 29.3 inch mud in the rear. About 3 inch total lift in the front and around 6 inch total lift in the rear. Installed roof rails and roof rack and cut fenders up. Will need to source some fender flares and install my off-road lights. Also installed some LED headlights. I can see at night again! She's ridiculous...but I love her anyway.

Old 02-23-2023, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Rez

27 inch all terrains up front and 29.3 inch mud in the rear. About 3 inch total lift in the front and around 6 inch total lift in the rear. Installed roof rails and roof rack and cut fenders up. Will need to source some fender flares and install my off-road lights. Also installed some LED headlights. I can see at night again! She's ridiculous...but I love her anyway.
What sort of lights are you gonna run? I eventually want to throw some rally lights on my 15.

Old 02-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Rez
I bought some cheap ones off the jungle site. If they work out I'll post em.

Old 02-25-2023, 08:10 AM

Finally crossed the 100,000 mile mark last night. And I got to enjoy some decent back roads leading up to that.

Old 02-25-2023, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Rez
Well I guess we know who won't be leaving their bumper on a car stopper. Looks great.

Last edited by atomicwrites; 02-25-2023 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-25-2023, 01:40 PM
Rez
Originally Posted by atomicwrites
Well I guess we know who won't be leaving their bumper on a car stopper. Looks great.
Haha, very true! Although mine looks the same as yours underneath, as I have ripped all the fender liners out and cut quite a bit.

Old 02-25-2023, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Rez
Haha, very true! Although mine looks the same as yours underneath, as I have ripped all the fender liners out and cut quite a bit.
Like you intentionally removed the fender liners? What for? I thought their purpose was to keep water from splashing into the engine bay which seems like a good thing especially if you're planing on a lot of back roads.

Old 02-26-2023, 10:28 AM
Rez
Originally Posted by atomicwrites
Like you intentionally removed the fender liners? What for? I thought their purpose was to keep water from splashing into the engine bay which seems like a good thing especially if you're planing on a lot of back roads.
I had to make as much room as possible for the bigger tires. For me, it is more about the aesthetic than anything. If I do any "off-roading"(soft-roading) I will be avoiding large puddles.

Old 02-26-2023, 09:23 PM
So not sure if this is an OK place to ask but anyone have pictures of a fit with blue accents on the interior? Been thinking of getting a blue Hybrid Racing shift knob and that means I'd probably want any future accents to match it. Or also if there's some with exterior or engine bay blue theme on a white body. Thanks.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?