3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 10:56 AM
Got the Swift Springs installed along with the front Koni Orange struts. Will be installing the rear shocks and Progress rear sway bar this afternoon

Ride already feels so much better than OE!

Old 05-16-2022, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by SkylineFTW97
Just picked up my 15 LX last week. Only real changes thus far were installing a set of floor mats, a trunk mat, a front license plate bracket (purchased in Pennsylvania, but registered in Maryland), and scrounging up a set of OEM black lug nuts off of spares from months of doing pre-delivery inspections on new Accords and Civics (I'm a Honda technician).

The Sparco Terras (16x7 I believe) you see were installed by the previous owner. I like how they look, so I'm leaving them on.
looks nice!
Welcome to the Mystic Yellow Pearl club!
I also have black wheels, but also added the OEM splash guards.
Really compliments the black wheels and other black accents on the car.

Old 05-17-2022, 03:29 PM
Gave the EX a wash after installing the rear Koni Orange shocks and Progress rear sway bar. The car handles awesome, and I'm stoked I upgraded the suspension! Looking forward to dipping my toe into autocross and cruising some mountain roads in the Santa Monica mountains. Between the suspension, K&N drop-in, ordered Sumole ram air scoop, and the HKS silent Hi-Power, I'm done on the functional performance mods...now I'm looking at the HFP spoiler, side skirts, and ebay front lip since I really wanted a Sport model, but the adult in me liked the EX's Honda Sense package and sunroof. My wife thought I was going to buy a more traditional sports car before I got the Fit, so she doesn't seem to mind me throwing money at a car I'll be enjoying for the next decade or so.

Old 05-21-2022, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
I'm in MA. Near the end of last year we were hit with a nor-easter wind storm. The result was my neighbor's trampoline doing a number on my passenger-side. Broke the mirror and taillight, doing scratches and dents everywhere between. Recently I finally did a mirror and taillight replacement and today I calibrated the lanewatch camera. No pictures of it, but was happy I got all that done, being someone who doesn't do much with cars.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by bdehlin
Got the Swift Springs installed along with the front Koni Orange struts. Will be installing the rear shocks and Progress rear sway bar this afternoon

Is the ride bouncy mate? I live in Australa. I can't seem to find the website for koni orange for the Fit. Also i looked at maxspeeding rod coils for the first time budget coilovers i can't find em on sale for the GK5.hmmm!!

Old 05-22-2022, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by RD36
Is the ride bouncy mate? I live in Australa. I can't seem to find the website for koni orange for the Fit. Also i looked at maxspeeding rod coils for the first time budget coilovers i can't find em on sale for the GK5.hmmm!!
The smaller bumps have been smoothed out and the larger ones hit the same as stock, with no bouncing. The Koni parts are actually for a GE fit, but I saw enough threads of people running them here on GKs that I decided to pull the trigger, and I'm glad I did. I went this route instead of the HFP suspension because I heard the HFP parts can't be purchased individually, so it wouldn't be serviceable.

Old 05-23-2022, 01:25 AM
The smaller bumps have been smoothed out and the larger ones hit the same as stock, with no bouncing. The Koni parts are actually for a GE fit, but I saw enough threads of people running them here on GKs that I decided to pull the trigger, and I'm glad I did. I went this route instead of the HFP suspension because I heard the HFP parts can't be purchased individually, so it wouldn't be serviceable.
Thanks, mate. Yeah i thought that was the case just wasn't sure. Thank for the info. HFP suspension is difficult to get down under as well. I will go this route as the best option budget wise etc. I appreciate it. This car handles the turn well stock. With more upgrades it'll be better.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
After HOURS of surfing the web for materials to make one.... I stumbled across this one... VERY similar to what I had in mind and after comparing cost numbers, pulled the trigger on it.... Currently waiting for it to arrive.....
It was either this one or the one made out of carbon and aluminum....so lets see... I'll keep you guys updated as soon as it arrives....

Old 05-24-2022, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
RZCrew intake

Originally Posted by elkaku
After HOURS of surfing the web for materials to make one.... I stumbled across this one... VERY similar to what I had in mind and after comparing cost numbers, pulled the trigger on it.... Currently waiting for it to arrive.....
It was either this one or the one made out of carbon and aluminum....so lets see... I'll keep you guys updated as soon as it arrives....

I have two! One with the stock TB fitment, and one for the S2000 throttle body. They are going to make one for me reversed so the intake is on the right side of the car for intercooler piping... very good company. They might help out with a port injection bracket for secondary injectors too. You will have to extend your throttle body cable and will need to come up with a better upper radiator hose. With the short intake runners it should really help on the top end...

Old 05-24-2022, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
I have two! One with the stock TB fitment, and one for the S2000 throttle body. They are going to make one for me reversed so the intake is on the right side of the car for intercooler piping... very good company. They might help out with a port injection bracket for secondary injectors too. You will have to extend your throttle body cable and will need to come up with a better upper radiator hose. With the short intake runners it should really help on the top end...

Thanks for the insight!! I talked to them and they will bore the TB opening to 61mm as the TB I'll use....
Im counting the days 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Old 05-24-2022, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
TB bore

If the bolt pattern is not square, make sure you know how you want the TB to lay (relative to the intake) because it could hit the hood depending on your application and orientation.

Old 05-24-2022, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
If the bolt pattern is not square, make sure you know how you want the TB to lay (relative to the intake) because it could hit the hood depending on your application and orientation.
I'll contact them on that matter..... I believe with the stock orientation it shouldn't hit the hood....

Old 05-27-2022, 05:20 PM
Lowered and upgraded wheels!

Just finished lowering my 2018 and got new wheels and tires this morning. Tein springs, Tein dampeners in the front, König wheels, and Continental tires. Gets a bit of rub when I hit a bad dip but handles great (also have a Megan Racing rear sway bar on it). Did a little photo shoot in the mud puddle, been raining all week up til now, lol.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chelsi
Just finished lowering my 2018 and got new wheels and tires this morning. Tein springs, Tein dampeners in the front, König wheels, and Continental tires. Gets a bit of rub when I hit a bad dip but handles great (also have a Megan Racing rear sway bar on it). Did a little photo shoot in the mud puddle, been raining all week up til now, lol.
Oh nice, specs on wheels and tires?

Old 05-28-2022, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by howarejew
Oh nice, specs on wheels and tires?
They are 17 x 7.5 inch König Backbone wheels and the tires are 205 / 45 Continental Extreme Contact Plus.

Old 06-05-2022, 02:09 AM
My GK 2019 stock too bouncy

GK EX-L 2019
my car is way too bouncy
Installed Coilovers on my del sol and those are stiff and hard, but works on that car.
I want to remove the bouncing effect of the Fit, lower it a bit, but still maintain that family comfort ride.

Sounds like you found the solution.
Do you have the part numbers for Koni orange you used?

Did the Swift Springs you used lower the car? Not looking to slam it to the ground but lower without any rubbing and keeping that family comfort ride would be great.

If so, what is the part number of the Swift Springs did you use?

Appreciate any info you learned on this.

Thanks

Old 06-06-2022, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by GK19
GK EX-L 2019
my car is way too bouncy
Installed Coilovers on my del sol and those are stiff and hard, but works on that car.
I want to remove the bouncing effect of the Fit, lower it a bit, but still maintain that family comfort ride.

Sounds like you found the solution.
Do you have the part numbers for Koni orange you used?

Did the Swift Springs you used lower the car? Not looking to slam it to the ground but lower without any rubbing and keeping that family comfort ride would be great.

If so, what is the part number of the Swift Springs did you use?

Appreciate any info you learned on this.

Thanks
Here are the part numbers I used:

Koni Orange Left Front: https://www.kamispeed.com/collection...9-13-honda-fit
Koni Orange Right Front: https://www.kamispeed.com/collection...9-13-honda-fit
Koni Orange Rear Shocks: https://www.kamispeed.com/collection...9-13-honda-fit
Swift Springs: https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...-honda-fit-15/

The springs lowered the car about an inch, which was perfect as I'm a family man and wanted a better look, better handling, and to retain the ride comfort.

Old 06-23-2022, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Talking Fit Roast!

Got the rotisserie last week

Now I have to remove all seam sealer from the underside to enable the stitch welding

Another view of the apparatus...

Always wear safety gear lol

Old 06-23-2022, 11:19 AM

Got the rotisserie last week

Now I have to remove all seam sealer from the underside to enable the stitch welding

Another view of the apparatus...

Always wear safety gear lol

nice let us know how it all works out

Old 06-25-2022, 05:37 PM
Installed a brand new Hybrid Racing short shifter today. Feels great having raised the shift knob a tad closer to the wheel. Shifts are also notchy and stiff the way I like it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?