3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elkaku
Also mounted this...

HONDA FIT RS GK5 KOUKI ROD Part # 74630-T5B-000

mounted rod
i just got mine , it replaced something i had rigged up , i had a brace going from the center point to the driver side , just one diagonal . i also have a two point lower bar going across
the bottom . the kouki bar along with the lower ultra racing two pointer makes a triangulated structure . it's quite noticeable . car is much more settled on the highway , rock solid , really .
i think the single diagonal set up was not an optimum way of doing it . i got the bar ebay , highly recommended .

Old 08-21-2021, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Elpapas

eBay you can get the lip for a few bucks
Very nice.

Old 08-24-2021, 06:30 PM
Purchased a 2018 Sport over the weekend for my city and weekend commuter car. Reminds me of a shrunken Honda Odyssey when driving and I dig it. Lots of reading to do in this thread for simple mods. First thing to do is buy floormats.

Old 08-24-2021, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by bill bosco
i just got mine , it replaced something i had rigged up , i had a brace going from the center point to the driver side , just one diagonal . i also have a two point lower bar going across
the bottom . the kouki bar along with the lower ultra racing two pointer makes a triangulated structure . it's quite noticeable . car is much more settled on the highway , rock solid , really .
i think the single diagonal set up was not an optimum way of doing it . i got the bar ebay , highly recommended .
is it possible to use this bar with the progress bar?

Old 08-24-2021, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMWguy22
is it possible to use this bar with the progress bar?

Yes since they mount on completely different places... I think it would be a great "chassis and suspension stiffening" combo...

I still haven't bought the progress though....

Old 08-27-2021, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Zk5
I did the tall guy seat angle adjustment as well with a box of washers and some grade 10.9 bolts and its honestly been the best mod so far. It makes it so much more comfortable to daily on my commute. .
Do you have a link to a thread of video where this is done??

Old 08-30-2021, 02:06 PM
Last weekend I drove up through the desert to the Sierra Nevadas for a family vacation. Long story short, driving ~70 up and down moderate inclines, (plus AC on, ~95° outside) had the Fit staying at about 3k RPM. CVT started whining halfway home.

The old fluid was definitely burnt up. It was dark brown, instead of a clear, champagne color. (last change was not too long ago, @ 57k miles... @ 81k now)

Second time around, filling from the top is more straight forward. Remove the airbox, you'll see a plug with a little right angle pull handle. You can check the fluid there. A long funnel fits nicely. Don't forget to open up the overflow drain on the side!

I've been driving it around town for the last two days, and the whine hasn't completely gone away, but is definitely quieter. Transmission feels fine for now.

fill Top fluid Fill port, with air box removed

old, burnt(?) fluid

OEM fluid

color of fresh HCF-2

Old 08-31-2021, 07:39 PM
Also mounted this...

HONDA FIT RS GK5 KOUKI ROD Part # 74630-T5B-000

mounted rod
Aside from ordering this from the UK/Japan etc. does anyone know where I can purchase one in N. America?

Old 08-31-2021, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMWguy22
Aside from ordering this from the UK/Japan etc. does anyone know where I can purchase one in N. America?
I spent about 3 months searching I believe almost every us site looking for it without any luck.... I ended finding a seller on eBay but as you stated... It is from Japan...

Is a bummer but since the USDM version didn't had it ... They don't keep it neither on stock or on their servers..... 🤷🏽‍♂️

Old 08-31-2021, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Japanese brace

I spent about 3 months searching I believe almost every us site looking for it without any luck.... I ended finding a seller on eBay but as you stated... It is from Japan...

Is a bummer but since the USDM version didn't had it ... They don't keep it neither on stock or on their servers..... 🤷🏽‍♂️
Should I get one if I'm installing a roll cage?

Old 09-01-2021, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member
The answer to that ought to depend on how your roll cage is designed, if it triangulates well at the back then it will be way stiffer than this bar could possibly be, just because of how strong the roll cage material would be.

I'd like to see Progress or someone make a similar piece, should be pretty simple. Whether they would sell enough to be worth the effort is another matter, sadly.

Unrelated, hoping to see some dyno numbers when you get them- your engine work is too awesome to not see the result.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
Dyno Numbers

Me too! Finally getting my car out of storage here in San Antonio. I'm just going to throw a set of stock injectors at it. Hopefully that will cure the misfires. Otherwise I may be looking into a MoTec 142 stand alone computer but I'd still need to find someone to tune that. There's one dealer in Austin but I haven't been able to get hold of them yet...

Old 09-01-2021, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Think I'm finished with the stereo, when I found out you can buy subs smaller than 8" I built a box out of fiberglass for a Kicker 6.75"

Not the loudest or deepest sound in the world, but it fills out the missing low end nicely. 200w Alpine amp under the driver's seat, more power than I need but it was sitting around collecting dust.

Not the prettiest thing in the world, but I don't have to look at it too often and it doesn't eat up useful trunk space.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
Think I'm finished with the stereo, when I found out you can buy subs smaller than 8" I built a box out of fiberglass for a Kicker 6.75"

Not the loudest or deepest sound in the world, but it fills out the missing low end nicely. 200w Alpine amp under the driver's seat, more power than I need but it was sitting around collecting dust.

Not the prettiest thing in the world, but I don't have to look at it too often and it doesn't eat up useful trunk space.
nice love the location I did were the spare tire goes

This me I don’t see see it at all a I still have a full trunk

Old 09-01-2021, 08:28 PM

Trying to experiment with shift extender to improve my shift game. I like it.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by RD36

Trying to experiment with shift extender to improve my shift game. I like it.
ok I see you I want a shot and crispy shifter so I put the crz from buddy cloud it works had it for 3 year all good

Old 09-01-2021, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
That's going to sound a lot better than my setup, but I've still got the spare tire and tools in there, with a rifle and body armor on top. Are you still running the factory floor/lid? Anything to keep it from bowing down into the speaker grills if you load up the trunk?

Old 09-02-2021, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by kombo83
Put HFP side skirts from 2018-2020 Fit on my 15. Took awhile to get them from College Hills Honda. As they were not in stock. But installed in less than an hour. Fitment is spot on.

Installed in less than an hour? Wow! I began to install them yesterday but for me it turned out that installation is pain. I don't know if mounting method is different in USA (I am from Germany) but I had to remove the undercoat for the clamps of the skirts and needed to paint the area to prevent rust. Did you also have to use these clamps? When I made a test fit it did not seem to hold properly. Do you have a picture of those clamps when mounted? Maybe I did something wrong.

Last edited by Gerred; 09-02-2021 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-04-2021, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member

Clips having to be cut out so it fits on MxDM version also OEM harness has to be either cut and fit the one with the lamp or just make a slit on cables and sauder it ... ( i went this route so i could keep the OEM plug also... they are different... So this HAS TO BE DONE...

Another view Also the top part of the plastic where the plug connects to the lamp... Has to be trimmed a little bit....

Test fitting after trimming clips

Final fitment

Old 09-04-2021, 01:54 PM

Clips having to be cut out so it fits on MxDM version also OEM harness has to be either cut and fit the one with the lamp or just make a slit on cables and sauder it ... ( i went this route so i could keep the OEM plug also... they are different... So this HAS TO BE DONE...

Another view Also the top part of the plastic where the plug connects to the lamp... Has to be trimmed a little bit....

Test fitting after trimming clips

Final fitment
ok I see you I have my I’m the wing

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?