3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 10:17 PM
Replaced the weak trunk light with a much brighter white LED version. Simple plug and play. Here's a gratuitous shot of the Fit next to a real homologation race car.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Spike888
Replaced the weak trunk light with a much brighter white LED version. Simple plug and play. Here's a gratuitous shot of the Fit next to a real homologation race car.
The e30 M3 is one of my dream car...

Old 10-07-2021, 04:44 PM
Everyday I wish I would have held out for an e30 M3 instead of my dowdy e30 325is

Old 10-07-2021, 05:09 PM
I got her many years ago before the prices went all crazy! Still have the original S14 engine and a few Evo 2 & 3 factory parts.

Old 10-09-2021, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Threw in a K&N cabin filter, polished the windshield and gave it a mini detail today.

Gearing up to tidy up a few things on the front end, will hopefully be able to fix the sagging front bumper, installing Morimoto/Coplus headlights and fog lights, oil change and install Fumoto F106SX valve, and installing the usual 3 piece plastic front lip. Wish there were more aero options available for the USDM bumpers, this should get me by while I contemplate importing JDM bumpers.

Old 10-09-2021, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
Threw in a K&N cabin filter, polished the windshield and gave it a mini detail today.

Gearing up to tidy up a few things on the front end, will hopefully be able to fix the sagging front bumper, installing Morimoto/Coplus headlights and fog lights, oil change and install Fumoto F106SX valve, and installing the usual 3 piece plastic front lip. Wish there were more aero options available for the USDM bumpers, this should get me by while I contemplate importing JDM bumpers.

Front lip and eBay side skirt pen Honda

Rear kit rs wing

2019 rear bumper with sport rear diffuser

And led post lights

Last edited by Elpapas; 10-09-2021 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Nothing special....oil change, full synth, tires are still "decent," brakes are still good..... ready to roll some more (had the brake fluid replaced at the dealer last time)

Old 10-11-2021, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
Threw in a K&N cabin filter, polished the windshield and gave it a mini detail today…..
Good looking Fit. Tell us more about “polishing the windshield”. What did you do and how are the results?

DaveGee

Old 10-12-2021, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DaveGee
Good looking Fit. Tell us more about “polishing the windshield”. What did you do and how are the results?

DaveGee
It's pretty simple, just a handful of steps.
  1. Clean windshield with a window cleaner like normal
  2. Clay bar the windshield to get any remaining embedded contaminates off (I generally only do this if its been a while, 6-12 months, or if it feels especially bad by hand after step 1)
    • If you clay bar, clean with window cleaner again before proceeding to step 3
  3. Using a dual action polisher with glass polish applicator pad and glass polish (I use Griot's glass polish) apply to windshield and make a few passes until the glass polish has mostly disappeared, then wipe clean with a microfiber towel
  4. Clean it again with window cleaner to pull the remaining glass polish off
  5. Apply glass sealant to lock in the results, and make it so water beads off effectively. I use Griot's glass sealant and have had good results with it
This process gets the glass as clean as possible, removing any haziness, streaks, or contaminates that can make the view out of the windshield a bit blurry. Gets rid of all hard water spots that you can't make a dent on by hand. As you'd expect it won't fix or really improve rock chips.

Old 10-15-2021, 05:57 PM
js racing titanium exhaust sound clip

Old 10-15-2021, 11:47 PM

installed js racing ti axel back and aem intake

Old 10-16-2021, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Have my work for this weekend mostly wrapped up. Still need to adjust the headlights tonight or tomorrow but I'm hoping for a decent upgrade in light output.
  • Installed Morimoto XB LED headlights and Fog lights
  • Oil Changed with Valvoline full synthetic, K&N HP-1010 filter, installed Fumoto F106SX valve
  • Epoxied the front bumper side mounts which were broken due to sagging bumper
  • Installed 2017 front bumper support piece (71173-T5R-A10) to prevent sagging, thanks for saving 10 cents Honda
  • Installed generic gloss black 3-piece front lip

Front end complete. Morimoto XB LED Headlights, Morimoto fog lights, Generic Gloss Black 3-piece front lip

Honda glues this to a raised and rolled section right here, it's flat on the underside. Nice engineering Honda, it worked really well sitting on my undertray while my bumper was cracking. P.S. I'm in Arizona, a piece glued like this never stood a chance.

Broken tabs on both sides due to sagging bumper.

Epoxied the corner mounting points on both sides. Ended up being a bit of a tight fit jamming it back into the mounting tabs but it looks like it worked. Will report back if it fails.

Completed bumper mount epoxy repair

I saw this 2017 support piece suggested on the forum but didn't see any confirmation it worked. I can confirm it fits exact and appears to be keeping my bumper aligned and supported correctly. Honda OEM 71173-T5R-A10

This is the nicest oil change funnel I've ever used, it just barely clears the seal here towards the firewall. Expensive for what it is but a nice luxury. OEMTOOLS 87022

Fumoto F106SX Valve, I've lost about an inch of clearance with how it's currently oriented. Not a problem at the current ride height but may file down the oil pan casting flashing and rotate it further down the road. There's a chance I might be able to do oil changes without even jacking it up or taking the under tray off but will need to play around with it further.

Didn't like the mounting clips used for the air guide behind the grille so I drilled it out and put some M6 rivet nuts on.

Old 10-17-2021, 07:18 PM
Updater on the Fitator

Hit 66,420
another syn blood transfusion or two since my last post.
I started the fiberglass work for the spare tire twin 15’s (Rockford p2’s $100)
the side pods for top mounted rear facing jl 10’s
($75)
scored an lc6i for $20. Ended up w a knock off but dash ‘built for a fit’ 10 inch head unit.
a couple alpine amps for $100pr 500x1 and 500x4
a fosgate 1000 ($100) I’ve gathered up all the cables n wiring but haven’t really got past all that yet. I’ve kinda been lazin it up, but I did find another pair of 18x7.5’s (yup $20 twenty dolla!) that should tuck the fronts a bit better than the 18x8s
yeahhhh I’m not a fan of the 30-40 series tires tho for the first time in my life. I’ve pretty much rashed a couple of Em pretty damn good.
ive always owned trucks and my driving style kinda shows that. 🤘🏼🤠
I got sideswiped on the freeway in it. Juuust enough to rub our door guards and knock the mirror housing a tick loose. 🤷🏼‍♂️ That’s ok tho I’ve been tryin to put in arrow blinks for awhile now. (Light won’t shine thru the 18’ mirror glass btw)
fuggin bad lane changers 😡
ummm. Spilled a large sticky soda outta the schmedium sized cup holder. Down the door panel a bit. But luckily the floor mats caught almost all of it 🙌🏻
Installed several grades of tints on various windows to gauge which I like best (I’ll redo it all )
Im feelin energized again about it tho. I just need some door speakers or pods or idk just yet. And that should do for the mariachi music maker.
I put a Lil lower lip on the front. ( questioning it too tho).
I found a set of seibon side skirts for dirt cheap. They’re from a gd but with the glass n resin flowin and my dads killer set of tools (he used to be a tv repair man) I can fix em 🤑 they’re so cheap I couldn’t afford not to buy those either($40)
looking around at diffusers now so I can paint all the shit at once.
Added a nice ‘shitbox edition’ emblem to it to hold my long standing opinion of the carts in place😅
but yeah. Still having a blast w the damn thing.😎
I’ll try to get some pics of the system as it develops.

I wanted to post it up like the dirty thang she is.
apparently it cleans up too nice after a wash n fluff.. 😜

‘yers might give ya fits. Mine gets me tits’

Fuckin up the rim saver an all 🤘🏼

Last edited by dOwntOwn; 10-17-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member

Didn't like the mounting clips used for the air guide behind the grille so I drilled it out and put some M6 rivet nuts on.[/QUOTE]

Did something similar but to the ram air lower part... (the hard plastic part), but didn't wanted to drill, so I used M5... 😬

Old 10-18-2021, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by elkaku

Didn't like the mounting clips used for the air guide behind the grille so I drilled it out and put some M6 rivet nuts on.
Did something similar but to the ram air lower part... (the hard plastic part), but didn't wanted to drill, so I used M5... 😬

[/QUOTE]

nice love that idea I think I will try to do it

Old 10-19-2021, 01:50 AM
Got the Fit cleaned and ready to sell. Time to let someone else have fun with it. I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 02 civic si that’s had the type r conversion and we did a k24 motor swap. Cant get over how ridiculously fast this car is.

Old 10-19-2021, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by F-It051995
Got the Fit cleaned and ready to sell. Time to let someone else have fun with it. I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 02 civic si that’s had the type r conversion and we did a k24 motor swap. Cant get over how ridiculously fast this car is.
After the warranty is up on the GK5 and the original motor poops the bed, I'm planning a type r engine swap as well.
Considering how I like to over-maintain things, that could be a while....but it'll happen!

Old 10-19-2021, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elkaku
Like most people I'm not a fan of the vast majority of clips/plastic fasteners on modern cars, I get why manufacturers use them but for people who are working on and maintaining their own car a solid nutsert/rivnut and bolt is much easier to work with, and you don't have to replace them. Well, at least not usually with normal use. I'll gladly accept the virtually nonexistent increase in weight and small monetary cost for the tradeoff.

I like your idea of doing the others on top of the rad support as well, anyone messing with their intake or bumper much would surely get some value out of that.

Originally Posted by Elpapas
nice love that idea I think I will try to do it

Today's small project was installing LED map, dome, and cargo lights along with the license plate lights. No pictures, they're just LED's.

Super easy once you realize each light's secret Contra code, definitely had me confused initially though.

Old 10-20-2021, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
So... I had the time to install the water nozzle for the EDM 3rd brake lamp I installed on my GK..

I have to give a lot of thanks to @Hungary GK for taking the time and effort of finding the part, since it's not sold on america, and shpping it all the way from Hungary to Puerto Rico!
Thanks a lot again brother!!!

Old 10-20-2021, 08:25 PM
Took it to the dealership for a FUEL PUMP recall. Anyone know what the problem is with the fuel pump?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?