3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

GK MTX Clutch/Transmission clicking noise? (Long Rant)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 06:16 AM
5 Year Member
Very interested in the outcome.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Update: So the new transmission mount went on, so far no more clicking noise that I can hear. Will continue to monitor as I drive it for the next week or so. Waiting for the temps to come up a bit as well and see if that changes things.

So after the test drive with the Honda Field Rep, they they put down felt pads on the mount where it bolts down to the chasis, and that muffled the clicking noise dramatically.

My concern now is how long will the new mount last before it starts clicking again? I highly recommend you all to bring it to the attention of your local Honda dealer so that collectively they will see the issue and maybe revise the mount or issue out a repair part (ie: Urethane bushing...etc) for it.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Westie
Update: So the new transmission mount went on, so far no more clicking noise that I can hear. Will continue to monitor as I drive it for the next week or so. Waiting for the temps to come up a bit as well and see if that changes things.

So after the test drive with the Honda Field Rep, they they put down felt pads on the mount where it bolts down to the chasis, and that muffled the clicking noise dramatically.

My concern now is how long will the new mount last before it starts clicking again? I highly recommend you all to bring it to the attention of your local Honda dealer so that collectively they will see the issue and maybe revise the mount or issue out a repair part (ie: Urethane bushing...etc) for it.
Very interesting. You don't happen to have a part number on that TX mount?

Thks for the report

Old 10-18-2016, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
Here ya go.

Attached Thumbnails GK MTX Clutch/Transmission clicking noise? (Long Rant)-img_1126.jpg   GK MTX Clutch/Transmission clicking noise? (Long Rant)-img_1123.jpg   GK MTX Clutch/Transmission clicking noise? (Long Rant)-img_1122.jpg   GK MTX Clutch/Transmission clicking noise? (Long Rant)-img_1119.jpg   GK MTX Clutch/Transmission clicking noise? (Long Rant)-img_1118.jpg  

Old 10-18-2016, 02:05 PM
Honda should place a recall on this. I have the 2015 EX 6 speed it makes the same sound with the clutch.

Last edited by oiric2006@gmail.com; 10-18-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by oiric2006@gmail.com
Honda should place a recall on this. I have the 2015 EX 6 speed it makes the same sound with the clutch.
Based on what? You and a small number of others here? I have a 2015 EX Fit/6 speed manual transmission. I had some problems early on because of my short legs and the clutch switch not being fully depressed. Once the dealer duplicated the problem, the part was ordered and the problem was sloved.

Recalls happen when there is a potential safety issue.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Based on what? You and a small number of others here? I have a 2015 EX Fit/6 speed manual transmission. I had some problems early on because of my short legs and the clutch switch not being fully depressed. Once the dealer duplicated the problem, the part was ordered and the problem was sloved.

Recalls happen when there is a potential safety issue.
I thought recalls are also for quality control issues. Also you'll never know what this might lead. It would not hurt if Honda would just issue a bulletin of some sort for this.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
I thought recalls are also for quality control issues. Also you'll never know what this might lead. It would not hurt if Honda would just issue a bulletin of some sort for this.
If enough customers go to their dealers and complain, there MIGHT be a QC recall. Safety recalls are frequently generated by some government agency.

I got two safety recalls on my Suzuki SX4, 1)the rear view mirrors had to have two drops locktite each and 2) the passenger seat base had an airbag problem. Now number one bordered on silly. Number 2 was potentially dangerous. Both were labeled urgent.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
So a little update after spending some time behind the wheel and putting about 600 miles on it.

To date, no clicking sound can be heard that I am aware of. I hope it is permanently fixed so that I can enjoy this vehicle for what it is.

If yours click, I would definitely have it documented/repaired so that Honda is aware of the situation and perhaps issue out a updated part of fix for it.

I wonder how many units out there have this situation that the owners are not aware of it...

Old 10-28-2016, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
So a little update after spending some time behind the wheel and putting about 600 miles on it.

To date, no clicking sound can be heard that I am aware of. I hope it is permanently fixed so that I can enjoy this vehicle for what it is.

If yours click, I would definitely have it documented/repaired so that Honda is aware of the situation and perhaps issue out a updated part of fix for it.

I wonder how many units out there have this situation that the owners are not aware of it...
That's great news! Thanks for persisting with this issue. You've set a precedent for the rest of us bothered by this issue.

I sent you private message, btw.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WagovanMan
That's great news! Thanks for persisting with this issue. You've set a precedent for the rest of us bothered by this issue.

I sent you private message, btw.

Glad I'm good for something...:P I hope you will follow up with this issue as well. Like I said, if enough people complain about it, eventually they will have to look into this issue.

The dealership I brought my car to was Norm Reeves in Irvine.

Old 11-27-2016, 02:15 PM
Thanks so much for this thread! I thought I had been going crazy when I heard that creaking/clicking noise in my 2015 6MT Fit when accelerating. I made an appointment at Goudy in Alhambra to get the noise checked out, but was really worried that I'd get the runaround.. Ends up it was the transmission mount and it is covered under warranty.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MellieBean
Thanks so much for this thread! I thought I had been going crazy when I heard that creaking/clicking noise in my 2015 6MT Fit when accelerating. I made an appointment at Goudy in Alhambra to get the noise checked out, but was really worried that I'd get the runaround.. Ends up it was the transmission mount and it is covered under warranty.
Hi MellieBean. Soo gad it was taken care of in a swift manner. When u get the car back, just give everything above the transmission mount (Airbox, tubing, sensors...etc) a firm shake to make sure they tighten down everything. Had a few bolts that were put back, but looks like they only finger tight it. No big deal.

I wonder if they will issue out a revised motor mount or lower plate that has a tighter tolerance clearance???

BTW, how many miles were on your car and how long have u been noticing this? I figure with my 2016, I shouldnt have had this issue yet.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:44 PM
Hi MellieBean. Soo gad it was taken care of in a swift manner. When u get the car back, just give everything above the transmission mount (Airbox, tubing, sensors...etc) a firm shake to make sure they tighten down everything. Had a few bolts that were put back, but looks like they only finger tight it. No big deal.

I wonder if they will issue out a revised motor mount or lower plate that has a tighter tolerance clearance???

BTW, how many miles were on your car and how long have u been noticing this? I figure with my 2016, I shouldnt have had this issue yet.
They had to order the parts so I'm waiting on that. I noticed the noise a few weeks ago after I had got an oil change at the dealership. I'm currently at just over 19K miles.

I figure that they recognize that it's an issue, but the cost to do a recall is greater than the cost to just deal with the consequences of faulty transmission mounts (Fight Club scenario) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I hope they do issue a revised mount....

Old 12-02-2016, 01:59 AM
Thanks so much for figuring this out. The sound's been bugging me for weeks in my MT -- going to take my Fit in to hopefully get the same fix!

Old 12-02-2016, 08:55 AM
Just got off the phone with Honda service. Have a service schedule next Wednesday at 7:45 AM. Told them about this fix (new transmission mount). They don't have a case like this yet, since very few MT Fit is being sold in NY.

I'll keep you all posted.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:56 PM
I (2015 EX 6spd) had this issue at 6 months and 3k miles after purchase. At that time they verified noise in trans. mount and lubed and tightened it and the noise was gone. Noise returned a couple months later and at 10 months in and 5K miles they replaced mount. Now at 18 months and 12K the noise has returned again and so I guess its back to the dealership. Fortunately I think that this part is covered under the 5 year 60K power train warranty so I may wait a while in hopes Honda may have more info on how to fix.
I'm wondering if just got two defective early manufactured trans. mounts, or if this be some kind of a design flaw where they all go bad eventually.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:06 PM
Just got off the phone with Honda service. Have a service schedule next Wednesday at 7:45 AM. Told them about this fix (new transmission mount). They don't have a case like this yet, since very few MT Fit is being sold in NY.

I'll keep you all posted.
update,

New transmission mount ordered by the dealer, i'll be coming back on Saturday for the install. All will be covered thru warranty. Had to wait for 3 hours. Free breakfast and WiFi made up for it. Kudos to Paragon Honda at Woodside, NY. Also thanks to Westie for starting this thread.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mcooper
....I'm wondering if just got two defective early manufactured trans. mounts, or if this be some kind of a design flaw where they all go bad eventually.
I'm at about the 2K miles post new mount and no clicking noise yet. Fingers crossed.

I think it is definitely a design flaw that has a very simple fix with a rubber or urethane padding to close up the tolerance between the two metal surfaces. This is evident by the decrease in noise when the felt pads were applied.

Please do me a favor and come back with a status report after the new mounts are installed so that we can keep track of progress of this issue.

Happy Holidays peeps.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:32 PM
Pointed my local Honda dealer to this thread, showed them the video, and they agreed the click was abnormal -- but for whatever reason, they don't think it's the transmission mount. They ordered a replacement driver's side axle.

When that didn't work, they ordered a replacement front-left strut. Am waiting for the strut to come in now.

Quick Reply: GK MTX Clutch/Transmission clicking noise? (Long Rant)