Pioneer 8200 NEX installation help - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:39 PM

Smile Pioneer 8200 NEX installation help

Hey guys!

I hope everyone is having a good day.

I am currently preparing the wire harness to install a Pioneer 8200 NEX into my 2015 Fit.

I have most of it complete but I had a question with regards to the wires you must add to the HDCC-02.

I added 4 wires:

A23: Display
A11: Remote SW Ground ( I assume that just goes to ground?)
A22: Audio Remote SW
A13: K-Line

The problem is that the wires coming from the head unit do not have wires that match these names.

Do I need to splice these directly into the OEM harness? Based on what I've searched for; people are saying they were able to do this without cutting into the factory harness.

Or am I just missing something simple and stupid and I'll face palm when I realize what it is?

Thank you so much I appreciate any help!

-Travis
Old 05-18-2017, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member

Post #8 in this thread might help:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...honda-fit.html
Old 05-18-2017, 05:27 PM

Thank you for the response!

I have read that thread a few times it has helped me to get to this point so far. I have all the wiring diagrams, also, that I've also found by searching around the forums.

I must be missing something. Even with the diagrams I'm don't see where they're supposed to connect to.

If they're all accessories do they all need to plug into the accessory wire? (except for the ground obvi)

I have not done an install in years I feel like I'm out of the loop with all these fancy new bells and whistles haha.

Thank you again for the response!

-Travis
Old 05-19-2017, 12:02 PM

that last thread has the proof that the unit works with an aftermarket HU. Unfortunately noone has detailed the installation or even a color code wire diagram. Hopefully soon as time goes on someone will do so. I'm keeping my OEM HU so it would be me sadly.