3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Now for my silly questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Now for my silly questions

Three or 4 very minor questions not concerning Apple or Android.

In some Honda media (website primarily) features are mentioned that I cannot locate on my 2015 EX manual transmission. No mention in the Driver's Manual or sometimes a feature has an non-commutative asterisk (Not available on some models). I realize that different markets have different mixes of features, but I'm asking about the US line ... LX, EX, and EX-L.

1) Folding Rear View Mirrors ... huh? Understanding that the lane change camera sorta precludes that, but are they on the LXs?
2) Under-seat storage ... Precluded on the EX/EXLs because of lost head room from the sun roof?
3) Seat back pocket ... I'll admit I haven't looked recently and very few people have even ridden in the back.
4) Remote start ... How is that possible on a 6 speed? The clutch must be completely depressed to start the car. Does the remote start "fool" the clutch, set the parking brake, and put the car in neutral? Against the law to leave an unattended vehicle running here in Metro Nashville.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
1) I didn't know either, but the mirrors on my EX fold in manually.
2) Other than being able to fit things under the magic seat, I see no storage there.
3) No back of seat pocket either. I remember seeing that on seat covers I'm considering and liked the idea.
4) I had to get the CVT in June 2014, so can't answer that one.

​​​​​

Old 05-23-2017, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
1) The side mirrors on my LX fold, although manually, not powered.... 2) dunno if you're talking 'bout under front or rear seats, but it's minimimal at best on my LX....3) I have one on the back of the front passenger seat....4) I have no idea

Old 05-23-2017, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
I've found the best site to search for vehicles is http://www.cars.com . You can enter what you're looking for and if it's anywhere in the U.S., it'll find it, manual transmission and all. Good luck with your search. My wife and I are manual transmission fans too, so often have to special order what we drive. (our automatic Fit is driven by a family member)

Old 05-23-2017, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
2016 Honda Fit Owners manual
1) p399: In the "Using an Automated Car Wash" section it says "Fold in the door mirrors" but does not say how
2) no mention of under-seat storage. There's less than 3" under there
3) sreat back pockets: The LX does not have this
4) remote start: I would not want this anyway

Old 05-23-2017, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Alco RS-1
I've found the best site to search for vehicles is http://www.cars.com . You can enter what you're looking for and if it's anywhere in the U.S., it'll find it, manual transmission and all. Good luck with your search. My wife and I are manual transmission fans too, so often have to special order what we drive. (our automatic Fit is driven by a family member)
Bought my Milano Red 2015 EX 6 speed in May 2015. It may surprise you that I'm 76 and have an artificial right foot. Almost all of the cars I've owned have been manual shift, from 3 on the tree to 6 on the floor.

The Fit is an interesting little car. There's a little niche between the door sill and the driver's seat where a fold up umbrella will fit perfectly. Very handy and beats wrestling the bumbershoot from the arm-rest console. Something new, not necessarily exciting, every so often.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
2016 Honda Fit Owners manual
1) p399: In the "Using an Automated Car Wash" section it says "Fold in the door mirrors" but does not say how

EXACTLY

2) no mention of under-seat storage. There's less than 3" under there

From the website, Compare to the competition. No mention in manual.

3) sreat back pockets: The LX does not have this

Again from the website and no mention in the manual.

4) remote start: I would not want this anyway

Me either. I consider the current clutch to the floor setup an anti-theft feature, that and the fact that most don't know how the drive a stick.

Too short? Oh, I see, messed up the quote things.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
... There's a little niche between the door sill and the driver's seat where a fold up umbrella will fit perfectly. Very handy and beats wrestling the bumbershoot from the arm-rest console. Something new, not necessarily exciting, every so often.
Exactly where mine lives

Old 05-23-2017, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit is an interesting little car. There's a little niche between the door sill and the driver's seat where a fold up umbrella will fit perfectly. Very handy and beats wrestling the bumbershoot from the arm-rest console. Something new, not necessarily exciting, every so often.
We have an umbrella in both front doors, twice what Rolls Royce provides!

Old 05-24-2017, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
I have a seat pocket on my 2016 EX. At the moment I can't remember if it's passenger side or drivers but I know I have one. I think it's passenger side.

Previously I owned a 2010 Honda Fit sport...it had a compartment on the underside of one of the back-seats.
It really wasn't much, but I was disappointed to find out Honda quit with this. Even though it did not hold much, it did offer a somewhat hidden space to put something. And I found it to be a good place to keep the owners manual.
But it seems Honda decided against continuing with this.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
1) The mirrors on my EX fold in manually.
2) No storage compartment under the magic seats, there is room to just wedge things back there.
3) I have a seat pocket on the back of the front passenger seat on my rice and beans EX
4) The remote start is only available as a dealer option with the CVT. I looked at getting it but then found that if you started it remotely, the car will shut off as soon as you open the door. Then you have to restart it again inside the car. Seems like a dumb design but that's how they designed it to work. Other factory remote start systems I've seen is that once you get into a remote started car, you just have to push the start button again while pushing down brake pedal. If you don't do that, then the car will shutoff if you try to take it out of park.

I also use the space between the seat and door to store my umbrella.

bumbershoot - an interesting word I've never heard before.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
1) The mirrors on my EX fold in manually.
2) No storage compartment under the magic seats, there is room to just wedge things back there.
3) I have a seat pocket on the back of the front passenger seat on my rice and beans EX
4) The remote start is only available as a dealer option with the CVT. I looked at getting it but then found that if you started it remotely, the car will shut off as soon as you open the door. Then you have to restart it again inside the car. Seems like a dumb design but that's how they designed it to work. Other factory remote start systems I've seen is that once you get into a remote started car, you just have to push the start button again while pushing down brake pedal. If you don't do that, then the car will shutoff if you try to take it out of park.

I also use the space between the seat and door to store my umbrella.

bumbershoot - an interesting word I've never heard before.
There is no way to fold the outside mirrors ... the right one has the "lane change" camera in it. It is solid mount and to be symmetric, so is the left.

Found the pocket on the seat back.

The remote start you describe is similar to a neighbor's 2014 Sonic automatic, the brake has to be press before drive off.

Bumbershoot" is a predominantly American nickname, one that has been recorded as a whimsical, slightly irreverent handle for umbrellas since the late 1890s. Now I'm old but not that old. Ex wife has called me "king of trivia". Bumbershoot is one of the silly things that stuck to my flypaper mind.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
There is no way to fold the outside mirrors ... the right one has the "lane change" camera in it. It is solid mount and to be symmetric, so is the left.

Found the pocket on the seat back.

The remote start you describe is similar to a neighbor's 2014 Sonic automatic, the brake has to be press before drive off.

Bumbershoot" is a predominantly American nickname, one that has been recorded as a whimsical, slightly irreverent handle for umbrellas since the late 1890s. Now I'm old but not that old. Ex wife has called me "king of trivia". Bumbershoot is one of the silly things that stuck to my flypaper mind.
That's funny, my EX mirrors fold just fine. Even the one with the camera. Just grab 'em and twist.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
That's funny, my EX mirrors fold just fine. Even the one with the camera. Just grab 'em and twist.
So, grab by the skull, grit my teeth, wince, and twist? Yeeee

Old 05-26-2017, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member

Actually they fold easily.

Thanks to this forum, I discovered the seat back pocket this morning. Only took me 3 years...

Old 05-26-2017, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500

Thanks to this forum, I discovered the seat back pocket this morning. Only took me 3 years...
Wow, the seat back pocket on the GK is right where it was on the GE.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member

"What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

Old 05-26-2017, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
"What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?"
Shirley about the outside rear view mirrors on the EX/EXLs.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500

Sonofagun, the mirrors do fold, not with a twist, but a firm push. Now when they finish the car wash next door, I can be one of the first in line at Col. Tom Parker's old office, Elvis' promoter/agent. Yet another shortcoming of the driver's manual (seat pocket and umbrella niche being others).

Old 05-28-2017, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
And I think the reason for no under passenger storage. There appears to be enough room for a one inch tapered notebook with the seat at midpoint. Back and forward movement might be possible IF there is no HEIGHT adjustment IMHO.