3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit Newbie and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 01:00 PM
Fit Newbie and Questions

Hello everyone! Just traded my 11 y.o. Chevy HHR for an used 2015 Fit EX (6spd manual with a moonroof). Couldn't be happier; it's a kick to drive!

Anyway, I've never really customized any of my cars in the past but this one feels different. After reading many threads on this forum, I'm looking into a Progress sway bar for the rear, Swift springs to drop the car ~1" (not getting too crazy), and also a hitch receiver for a better bike rack (utility, utility, utility).

LEDs

I've gradually been replacing OEM lights with LEDs so my first question is: how do you install a 50W 6 ohm resistor on the back signal lights? I know there are plug-n-play options out there, but where do you put this? Is it even possible? There doesn't seem to be much space.

BRAKES

Beyond upgrading the suspension, one of my biggest concerns for any vehicle is braking power. I'm not convinced that converting the rear drums to discs will significantly contribute towards braking power. Is that the general consensus? If so, what would you recommend for upgrading the front rotors, calipers, pads, etc.? 11" or larger? What is the maximum size that would "Fit" under 16" wheels. Thanks!

Old 06-16-2017, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
The plug'n'plays didn't work out for me. I ran my resistors under the bumper tab and stuck them on with double sided tape. I also went to the local junker and pulled connectors off older civics to make adapters for the resistors. The new wiring can be folded up between the existing plugs on the tail lights. It just has to be put back on carefully.

Last edited by skatana; 06-16-2017 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Grammer and spelling.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:53 PM
sjd
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by slinginit
BRAKES

Beyond upgrading the suspension, one of my biggest concerns for any vehicle is braking power. I'm not convinced that converting the rear drums to discs will significantly contribute towards braking power. Is that the general consensus? If so, what would you recommend for upgrading the front rotors, calipers, pads, etc.? 11" or larger? What is the maximum size that would "Fit" under 16" wheels. Thanks!
I've owned several cars that I've taken to the track and/or autocrossed and have ever only done brake pads, rotors and fluid. 99% of the time good pads and good fluid will provide all the braking you need. Just remember that with aggressive brake pads comes increased dust, noise and wear.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the responses! I'm very new to customizing cars; my Fit (like my brain) is a blank canvas.