3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Magazine/website test drives 2018 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 01:44 AM
Here's a recent video

Originally Posted by exl500
I thought it might be fun to have a thread for media tests of the 2018 Fit. Here's the first I've seen, and it sounds pretty interesting.

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/17648...t-first-drive/

Old 08-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
My Wife (who is a die hard Honda gal, Dad retired from Honda as chief engineer of the Murraysville, OH plant, etc) wouldn't get out of her Golf to look at it. Funny how times have changed.
marysville, right? they have that cool heritage center there. nice facility indeed. looks like she's hooked on the Golf!

Originally Posted by sjd
Yeah, a GTI is only $10,000 more that a Fit where I live. Add some desirable options (18 inch wheels, bi-xenon lights) on the GTI and that grows to $14,000.
yah, i was thinking more inline in the future when GAFIT is ready to get a performance oriented hatch if he so desires, not a direct comparison to the GK which is an economy hatch for daily tasks.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
marysville, right? they have that cool heritage center there. nice facility indeed.
Yeah, I slaughtered that City's name.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, the Fit vs VW hot hatches. My older brother gives me crap about my Fit...
​​​​The bastard drives a new Golf R....absolutely stunning hatch. It replaced his 370Z, which replaced his 'Vette, which replaced his '66 911, which replaced his bug-eye Sprite. But that's OK by me...he's a hotshot businessman, I slave away as a nurse. Fit is go!!!

Old 08-14-2017, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
Yeah, the Fit vs VW hot hatches. My older brother gives me crap about my Fit...
​​​​The bastard drives a new Golf R....absolutely stunning hatch. It replaced his 370Z, which replaced his 'Vette, which replaced his '66 911, which replaced his bug-eye Sprite. But that's OK by me...he's a hotshot businessman, I slave away as a nurse. Fit is go!!!
Golf-R huh? good car choice!

i have one too and a mk7 GTI, but for daily tasks, the Fit is A LOT more versatile for carrying things. plus no worry parking it where ever.
door dings? who cares! easy access panels. not the case on the Golfs if u get a ding on the quarter panel..!

Old 08-14-2017, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
Golf-R huh? good car choice!

i have one too and a mk7 GTI, but for daily tasks, the Fit is A LOT more versatile for carrying things. plus no worry parking it where ever.
door dings? who cares! easy access panels. not the case on the Golfs if u get a ding on the quarter panel..!
My bro has always been one to have a DD and a "for fun" car...he sold both his Z and his DD (Explorer, iirc) and now the R is his DD AND "fun" car. It is wicked wicked fun, I could live with one

Old 08-14-2017, 04:54 PM
sjd
5 Year Member
My bro has always been one to have a DD and a "for fun" car...he sold both his Z and his DD (Explorer, iirc) and now the R is his DD AND "fun" car. It is wicked wicked fun, I could live with one
The Z is a pretty cool car and there is nothing like driving an actual RWD sports car, especially in the corners. I do like the Golf R a lot though. Due to the 6 months of winter we get up here I'll always keep my for fun car separate that way I can mod it how I like and not worry about salt and corrosion.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
sounds like he made a great choice! DSG or MT? mine is MT cause i tried DSG on my GTI and it's okay for the commute, but boring to drive on the weekends.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
To be honest.
I kind of miss my old 2010 Honda dash.
HUGE almost cartoonish climate control knobs...huge volume knob...
and the technology interface pretty much started and stopped with being able to plug in a USB stick to play music.

We keep advancing and expecting more, but I'm not sure that is always good thing.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tbFit
Another magazine review...
2018 Honda Fit First Drive Review Car and Driver

More bits on the HFP / HPD version. That new orange does not look like the deep orange from the past.
I've seen the orange in person. It looks more like "salmon pink" to my eye. A disappointment.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I've seen the orange in person. It looks more like "salmon pink" to my eye. A disappointment.
In North America, I'm tired of major auto makers "thrilling us" with new color choices, and those choices being "Orange" or "Yellow".

IMO there is a lot that could be done to make color choice truly interesting. I'm tired of Orange and Yellow being promoted as some great cutting edge option.

Which is why in part I like to stick to the classics. Red, White or Black. Orange or Yellow? Not cutting it IMO.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
fitchet- nissan puke aka juke was a good example of them offering all sorts of silly colors for all sorts of bits. i was like facepalm.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
In North America, I'm tired of major auto makers "thrilling us" with new color choices, and those choices being "Orange" or "Yellow".

IMO there is a lot that could be done to make color choice truly interesting. I'm tired of Orange and Yellow being promoted as some great cutting edge option.

Which is why in part I like to stick to the classics. Red, White or Black. Orange or Yellow? Not cutting it IMO.
Did it ever occur to you that the reason car companies think yellow and orange are "thrilling" is because of people who make "safe" conservative choices like white, red and black?

Old 08-15-2017, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
I would guess that orange and yellow and the like are popular colors for products in general in Asia, especially in japan where a lot of car companies are based. Japanese designers see these colors all around them, they're popular on Japanese cars and thus Japanese designers (with their rigid thinking) conclude that these colors must also be popular in North America. So suck it up and go and buy that orange Fit.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
The orange may have a niche market here in the Knoxville area, as orange cars do sell more than elsewhere, it seems - folks here bleed orange because of University of Tennessee sports - football is a religion, and orange is their color. When we first moved down here, I was like wtf is everybody wearing orange clothing for ???!!!??? Strange ....now, I know, but still find it strange it's just a bunch of unpaid big kids playing football, nothing to be fanatical about, but....I'm in the minority down here, and...no, I would not buy an orange Fit

Old 08-16-2017, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by tbFit
Another magazine review...
2018 Honda Fit First Drive | Review | Car and Driver

More bits on the HFP / HPD version. That new orange does not look like the deep orange from the past.
I have to say that the new orange doesn't come up with my expectation.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Motor Trend has a positive review on its website. It remains confusing whether the EX manual has Honda Sensing.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Pretty favorable review from AutoBlog:

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/08/24/...ty-technology/

Old 08-30-2017, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
Motor Trend has a positive review on its website. It remains confusing whether the EX manual has Honda Sensing.
Speaking of Honda Sensing, Car and Driver panned the adaptive cruise control in their long term Civic. Other complaints about the lane departure warning make me happy to have my 2015.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Speaking of Honda Sensing, Car and Driver panned the adaptive cruise control in their long term Civic. Other complaints about the lane departure warning make me happy to have my 2015.
My Dad has a 2017 CR-V with the lane departure warning. It was a total and utter mess on our mountain curvy roads. It was constantly trying to steer me towards the center line of the road (not safe going around curves in the mountains with rednecks in big trucks). When I had a safe spot I let it direct me. Took me right over the center line and into the oncoming lane.

It then caught itself and started screaming at me to steer back into my lane.

My Dad reports that it's better on the Interstate, but still too annoying to use. Plus the steering feedback is just creepy.

I think we are just in the slightly early development stage for some of these features. My Lincoln alerts me to eminent death regularly. Luckily I can just mute it.