3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

HondaPartsOnline.com - Slow!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
HondaPartsOnline.com - Slow!

I ordered some parts for my son's Fit - side view mirror parts - on Nov 10, and they're still "Processing." If I could have ordered from Amazon, they'd be on the car already.

He clipped the side of the garage, so it needs a new "Skull Cap," bottom piece, and one other little piece - about $175 for three small pieces of plastic.

Last edited by SilverEX15; 11-15-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Did you order from HondaPartsOnline.com, or did you actually order from HondaPartsOnline.net ????

Have you made a phone call to the brick and mortar store and spoke with a live human about your order?

Old 11-15-2017, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezone
Did you order from HondaPartsOnline.com, or did you actually order from HondaPartsOnline.net ????

Have you made a phone call to the brick and mortar store and spoke with a live human about your order?
Yes, it is .net. No humans involved, but I did get a confirmation.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Call them and see what happened. Maybe a part is backordered or something.

Looks like the place is in Texas and you're in NY.

Could have used Majestic Honda in RI, that would be a lot closer to you
https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Old 11-15-2017, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
When they emailed the confirmation, they said nothing about a back-order, and this was from an individual - not an automatic response. There's no rush, but it shows how good Amazon is.

Amazon apologized for a shipment being one day late. : )

Old 11-15-2017, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
It would not surprise me if all of these Sites don't just submit the order to a large Honda parts depot for drop ship fulfillment. I doubt that Majestic, Bernardi, hondapartsonline, hondapartsnow, or any of them hold much if any inventory.

They probably are all just middlemen to grant us access to Honda's distributor.

Not much different than going to a dealership. None of them have very much in inventory. They just order from the distributor and you can then pick it up when they come in.

So far, I have found Bernardi to have the best prices and there's a discount code to save a bit of shipping for FitFreak forum members.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
My go-to is hondapartsnetwork.com ... it's semi-local for me but the parts are always available the next day for pickup and prices seemed better than some of the other mail-order outfits mentioned on this board.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT

So far, I have found Bernardi to have the best prices and there's a discount code to save a bit of shipping for FitFreak forum members.
Yes, and I like their disassembly diagrams.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:29 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
When they emailed the confirmation, they said nothing about a back-order, and this was from an individual - not an automatic response. There's no rush, but it shows how good Amazon is.

Amazon apologized for a shipment being one day late. : )
amazon is usually good. they were stupid for a few weeks last month with their local delivery people but quickly fixed and now they are doing well again.

same with usps. they were horrible back several years ago but with the help of amazon, usps is actually very good now. cant say much about their regular mail service though..

amazon is the way to go.. even if the price might be a tad higher at times. these vendors should just setup shop through amazon and do the 'fulfilled by amazon' approach.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
amazon is usually good. they were stupid for a few weeks last month with their local delivery people but quickly fixed and now they are doing well again.

same with usps. they were horrible back several years ago but with the help of amazon, usps is actually very good now. cant say much about their regular mail service though..

amazon is the way to go.. even if the price might be a tad higher at times. these vendors should just setup shop through amazon and do the 'fulfilled by amazon' approach.