3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2016 Fit EX Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
2016 Fit EX Floor Mats

Unfortunately my car came equip with crappy Velcro mats. I bought OEM rubber mats from an official dealer online. They didn't fit right so I sent them back. I ordered a set of WeatherTech mats and for the price I wasn't impressed. Can someone suggest a mat that actually fits snug?

Old 04-17-2018, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by like2cycle33
Unfortunately my car came equip with crappy Velcro mats. I bought OEM rubber mats from an official dealer online. They didn't fit right so I sent them back. I ordered a set of WeatherTech mats and for the price I wasn't impressed. Can someone suggest a mat that actually fits snug?
WeatherTech and the Honda OEM mats are very expensive so you expect them to fit perfectly. For me, the Fit is just a very useful utility car, so I got some heavy duty generic mats from Walmart, which I trimmed to fit (sic). Yes, it slips around because it is not buttoned down, but it is functional, easy to remove to hose off the accumulated dirt. Cheap, but it meets my needs.

Last edited by wasserball; 04-17-2018 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
When you say "Mats" with weathertech, did you mean "mats" or what they call digital fit liners?
My experience with Weathertech Digital Fit liners is that they fit very well.
I had other issues with them that would make me rank then lower, but fit was excellent.

I've never owned them, but people review Husky very well.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:08 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
I run husky liners on my GK. perfect fit.

with weathertech i found sometimes you have to heat them up to make them fit right as their box is too tight making the liner go out of shape.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
I have the Aries 3D mats and they work well. See my posts in this thread:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...016-fit-2.html

Old 04-17-2018, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
I have the Huskys and I like them. They fully cover the "dead pedal" unlike the Weathertech.

They also had a good warranty when I had an issue and they fully replaced the front two mats.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
I have the 3DMaxpider Mats for the GK and they also fit perfectly.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
I got WeatherTech for the rear passenger area ... the mat goes all the way up and surrounds the seat clasp on the floor. I run in tall mode a lot and I've already had a few liquid mishaps that would have ruined my carpet without the WeatherTechs. Pucker on the front units has been minimal in the almost three years of ownership.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:57 PM
I use Husky's front and rear. In warmer weather I use 3D Maxpider in the fronts.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by fitchet
When you say "Mats" with weathertech, did you mean "mats" or what they call digital fit liners?
My experience with Weathertech Digital Fit liners is that they fit very well.
I had other issues with them that would make me rank then lower, but fit was excellent.
Bought WeatherTechs for the front of my 2017. Never again!
The driver side fit well but by this spring the back side has curled forward allowing for a lot of crap to get under the liner.
The passenger side never fit. There is a big void under the mat and when pushed on, the sides cave inward. they are now permanently formed that way - no rebound. How something that is suppose to be laser-fitted can be so far off the mark is hard to imagine. My experience leads me to believe they have very poor quality control.

Also, was rather disappointed in how poorly they clean up.

Last edited by FIT-to-be-tied; 04-19-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bach
I got WeatherTech for the rear passenger area ... the mat goes all the way up and surrounds the seat clasp on the floor. I run in tall mode a lot and I've already had a few liquid mishaps that would have ruined my carpet without the WeatherTechs. Pucker on the front units has been minimal in the almost three years of ownership.
I have both front and rear Weathertech floorliners in my '15. The fronts fit perfectly, but the rears have never fit. they were shipped rolled up and there are big gaps between the mats and the door sills on both sides.

My only other complaint is the texture of the mats makes them impossible to clean. No matter what soap or cleaner I've tried, and how much I've scrubbed them, they won't come clean.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I have both front and rear Weathertech floorliners in my '15. The fronts fit perfectly, but the rears have never fit. they were shipped rolled up and there are big gaps between the mats and the door sills on both sides.

My only other complaint is the texture of the mats makes them impossible to clean. No matter what soap or cleaner I've tried, and how much I've scrubbed them, they won't come clean.
I picked mine up at the factory so I never had your rear fit problem. And you are right about the dirt. This last winter really did a number on my drivers mat ... my brother has stuff he uses to polish up the black trim that he thinks might work on the mats but I haven't tried it.

Last edited by bach; 04-20-2018 at 07:24 AM. Reason: I can't leave a first draft to save my life ...
Old 04-20-2018, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT-to-be-tied
Also, was rather disappointed in how poorly they clean up.
I've kind of stopped telling my story about my experience with WeatherTech, because for those that like them, they get defensive about criticism.

But with my previous vehicle, I bought WeatherTech digital floor liners. That's what they call them, they don't actually call them mats...they call them liners. But functionally, they are mats.

They are not rubber. They are made out of plastic/vinyl like material. And my experience was that fit was excellent. Coverage and protection good.

But that was my biggest criticism with them. I bought the light gray color, which looked fantastic when new, and when clean. But they hid no dirt, anything and everything showed immediately. Plus IMO they seemed to scuff very easily.
Get in or out of the vehicle in just one rain storm, and the liner would look horrible.

The OEM all weather mats I have now, which are IMO not ideal. Mediocre at best, are made out of a rubber material. They get dirty too, but seem to hide dirt and moisture a lot better.

The WeatherTechs covered better, were beautiful when clean, but impossible to keep looking clean. I left them in the vehicle when trading it in. The need to constantly clean them, I think hastened the scuffing process.

I would like to upgrade the mats I have in the Honda Fit. The OEM's are barely passable.
But I think, if I upgrade my next set are going to be a "rubber" based Husky.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:33 AM
we got OEM deep mats, more coverage than the regular all weather and only a few dollars more

Old 04-21-2018, 08:50 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
those should do fine for LA folks. not enough for salt belt states.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jschinto
we got OEM deep mats, more coverage than the regular all weather and only a few dollars more
I think I saw those on my last visit to the dealership service department. Those seem a lot more akin to Husky or WeatherTech products, much more coverage.

I have the old "standard" OEM all season Mats, which are pretty lacking in real coverage.

I'd be curious as to your feelings about the "new" OEM all-weather mats, after passage of time. How they may or may not stack up against other aftermarket choices.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bach
Can you tell me how far the Weather Tech rear mat extends under the front seat(s)? I have a Kenwood powered subwoofer under the driver's seat that extends to the rear a bit. My OEM carpeted mat must rise over it, as that mat extends quite far under the front seat. If the WT doesn't extend past the rear front seat clasps, I should be ok.