Adding tweeters to LX

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Post Adding tweeters to LX

For anyone interested in adding tweeters to your system (if you have an LX or below) or just want to do a nice upgrade.

the rockfordfosgate p165-s have a nice tweeter that fits perfectly in the supplied cover to the 2015 Fit.

here are some pics

the front grille removed
Name:  Km6bc0P.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  994.0 KB

backside of both
Name:  qQRokKm.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  1.03 MB

one fits in the other perfectly
Name:  YBSsudW.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  1.13 MB

A simple glue or plastic weld could get it done, or if yer fancy a bracket to the grille holes. Just thought I'd share as they are such a snug fit.

Might post my rockford build if there is any interest

-moltar

Old 04-24-2015, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
That does look like an awesome and simple way to essentially turn the LX's speakers into the EX's. I assume/hope the tweeter wiring is already there? Does the stock head unit have an integrated crossover? How does the EX handle its tweeters? Is it possible to add plain old tweeters without an integrated crossover? (And leave the stock door speakers.) Are the EX door speakers identical to the LX?

Last edited by jefft; 04-24-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by jefft
That does look like an awesome and simple way to essentially turn the LX's speakers into the EX's. I assume/hope the tweeter wiring is already there? Does the stock head unit have an integrated crossover? How does the EX handle its tweeters? Is it possible to add plain old tweeters without an integrated crossover? (And leave the stock door speakers.) Are the EX door speakers identical to the LX?
The tweeter wiring is not there in the Canadian LX model which kinda sucks. basically you have to buy some replacement front speakers or a crossover and tweeter package.

the rockford fosgate 6.5" component speakers come with a built in crossover in the 6.5 " that comes with wiring for the 1" tweeter, and they cost about what you'd pay for a crossover and tweeter separately.

The HU doesn't include wiring for tweeter but there is certainly spots in the connections to add tweeter wires if you were so inclined. but you'd need to cross reference on an EX model to find out where they would connect.

sorry i can't help further, but i don't have an EX to compare with.

- moltar

Old 06-21-2015, 08:41 PM
Tweeters

Yeah I had thought that there were stock tweeters in my LX (USA) but the housings were empty. I'm installing Kenwood component speakers and there is a panel at the far right of the dash that pops out very easily and let's you get in closer to feed the speaker wire down to the woofer. Only trouble is going through the rubber boot that carries the other wiring into your door from the cab. I'll try and let you know how it all shakes out once I find a way to mount the tweeters and my Scosche adapters come in for the woofer.