3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

LegenD's GK5 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Aznsupastar
hello fellow canadians!

nice car! may i ask where u get ur rotas and what u lower on?

btw, is there any FIT owners meet/gathering in GTA?
Hey dude! Apologies for replying late, but I tend to disappear during our arctic winter. I got them from A-Spec Wheels (They have a web store and an ebay store. They shipped from California). Really nice guys, and because I didn't have to pay a crazy amount for duties, it was better than buying local (which didn't offer many colour and size options).

Apparently there are meets. Action Jackson (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...tinkering.html) seems to be connected, maybe give him a shout. I was really busy toward the end of the year so I never really got to drive out much.

Last edited by [LegenD]; 01-07-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
I have a few new things planned for this year, but I'm waiting for this crazy cold winter to pass!
I'm excited for those updates!

Old 01-07-2018, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Hey dude! Apologies for replying late, but I tend to disappear during our arctic winter. I got them from A-Spec Wheels (They have a web store and an ebay store. They shipped from California). Really nice guys, and because I didn't have to pay a crazy amount for duties, it was better than buying local (which didn't offer many colour and size options).

Apparently there are meets. Action Jackson (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...tinkering.html) seems to be connected, maybe give him a shout. I was really busy toward the end of the year so I never really got to drive out much.
thx! hope to see you around GTA

Old 02-17-2018, 08:50 PM
Thanks man! I considered Swift as they're a solid choice for the Fit, but I've had some experience with Eibach in the past so I thought I'd give them a try. I believe they are just a little lower than the Swift - so far no complaints . No spacers, but I know they're very popular on the rear (I'm playing it safe haha).

Ah, thanks a lot, they were a little annoying to acquire, but I'm happy I got them. At the time, I didn't even have a choice since the facelift Fit with the HFP parts wasn't even announced or revealed. They weren't too bad when comparing to dealership prices here; I can look into it for you if you'd like (just forgot the details/exact pricing).

I have a few new things planned for this year, but I'm waiting for this crazy cold winter to pass! Anyway, let me know when you start your build !
Sounds great, and looks good even without spacers. I just dont want to go through the trouble of changing to extended studs.

The skirts look a lot cleaner than the USDM Fit sport pieces, so it is very tempting. I am also really interested in the JDM Fit RS rear wing, but it looks like a lot of work to install =/ If you have the prices available feel free to PM them to me if you want!

I am excited to get modding, however this is my daily, and I have some major things coming up on my project car (1997 VW Gti) which is making me put it on hold a little longer than I want lol.

I have this thread bookmarked though. You're running a lot of the parts I had in mind, so its good to see how they fit and look together!

Old 03-05-2018, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
hey quick question for the side skirts... did you drill holes for the clips that sit inside the side skirt? i have the 2018 sport side skirts and im deciding on how im going to install... thanks in advance!

Old 03-11-2018, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by ThadCastle
Sounds great, and looks good even without spacers. I just dont want to go through the trouble of changing to extended studs.

The skirts look a lot cleaner than the USDM Fit sport pieces, so it is very tempting. I am also really interested in the JDM Fit RS rear wing, but it looks like a lot of work to install =/ If you have the prices available feel free to PM them to me if you want!

I am excited to get modding, however this is my daily, and I have some major things coming up on my project car (1997 VW Gti) which is making me put it on hold a little longer than I want lol.

I have this thread bookmarked though. You're running a lot of the parts I had in mind, so its good to see how they fit and look together!
Hey, thanks buddy. I agree, especially on your daily.

I agree, really love the styling on the JDM pieces and glad I’ve acquired them (despite the struggle haha). Yea, a bit of a sportier wing would be nice. The RS wing looks great, but sounds like a messy job…haven’t seen anyone seal the holes nicely yet. I’m looking into something else from Japan. It’ll take me a few weeks, but I’ll update here if it works out . Anyway, I’ll PM you.

Haha, I understand. The Fit was meant to be my daily as well. I’ve done a good deal of work on my 86/FRS, so it can be tough to justify more $ for modding. Nonetheless, it’s exciting and I can’t wait until this dreadful winter passes (I assume you’re dealing with a similar winter in New York).

I have a few more things planned for this spring/summer and will definitely post when ready. Good luck with the Gti (love those cars too)!

Old 03-11-2018, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by datkidpatrick
hey quick question for the side skirts... did you drill holes for the clips that sit inside the side skirt? i have the 2018 sport side skirts and im deciding on how im going to install... thanks in advance!
Hey!

Sorry for the late response, I usually disappear for a few months during the winter.

No I didn’t drill any holes. You can follow Honda’s way of installing, but I found it was unnecessarily difficult on my EP3, so I did things differently this time.

I'm not sure how the UDSM skirt is, but the JDM one comes with one or two spots pre-mounted with double sided tape on the skirt. For everything else I used industrial grade velcro (link -
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006HWYJM?tag=viglink21001-20 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006HWYJM?tag=viglink21001-20
). There was also an odd spot by the back wheel well (lip of the rear fender) that barely made contact with anything - I used a dab of clear silicone there. The photo of my install shows the mounting points with blue tape (mounted on the inside obviously. The blue tape was just used for measurement) and a piece of tape in the back to make sure the tiny amount of silicone cures.

This is just what I did, it works for me. I’ve done a fair share of modding, and not too long ago I installed a kit on my on 86/FRS the same way. Holding up perfectly to this day.

Last edited by [LegenD]; 03-11-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Hey!

Sorry for the late response, I usually disappear for a few months during the winter.

No I didn’t drill any holes. You can follow Honda’s way of installing, but I found it was unnecessarily difficult on my EP3, so I did things differently this time.

I'm not sure how the UDSM skirt is, but the JDM one comes with one or two spots pre-mounted with double sided tape on the skirt. For everything else I used industrial grade velcro (link - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006HWYJM?tag=viglink21001-20). There was also an odd spot by the back wheel well (lip of the rear fender) that barely made contact with anything - I used a dab of clear silicone there. The photo of my install shows the mounting points with blue tape (mounted on the inside obviously. The blue tape was just used for measurement) and a piece of tape in the back to make sure the tiny amount of silicone cures.

This is just what I did, it works for me. I’ve done a fair share of modding, and not too long ago I installed a kit on my on 86/FRS the same way. Holding up perfectly to this day.

thank you so much... might put them on this weekend if weather permits

Old 03-19-2018, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Nice Fit! Ive always liked white cars and your fit looks so clean on these upgrades. I havent been on fitfreak in a while and now im catching up with everyones thread build. Lol so far i finished olga, now im here in yours. I really enjoyed reading thread builds and was so jelly that you guys really can take time and document it. Im bummed i didnt started a thread. But i love your fit! Keep it up!!!

Old 03-23-2018, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Exgk5
Nice Fit! Ive always liked white cars and your fit looks so clean on these upgrades. I havent been on fitfreak in a while and now im catching up with everyones thread build. Lol so far i finished olga, now im here in yours. I really enjoyed reading thread builds and was so jelly that you guys really can take time and document it. Im bummed i didnt started a thread. But i love your fit! Keep it up!!!
Hey, thanks buddy! I almost didn't bother, but I like taking photos of cars so it makes it more fun. It took me a while to find a white one at a good price. I started impatiently buying parts before I owned the car haha.

I have a little more planned for the Fit this year . Also, have you posted any photos of your Fit?

Old 04-26-2018, 11:07 AM
makes me want an EP3 now after seeing your previous one, shit. saw another teggy on another thread, made me want a teggy too, smh

Old 05-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by jrv784
makes me want an EP3 now after seeing your previous one, shit. saw another teggy on another thread, made me want a teggy too, smh
Haha, looking at too many cars can do that. I've had the EP3 for a while, so I felt ok to finally move on and try something else. I just miss that K20 haha.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:44 PM
It seems like the never ending winter is finally over after a recent ice storm...so, finally time for some new spring mods.

Mugen door handle protectors. Wasn't sure about these until I saw some very convincing photos. Plan to take more photos soon.

Some more exciting parts - K-tuner, LED conversion, 'mystery' spoiler from Japan , and Honda Racing bear (gift from my wife )

Close-up because cute haha .

Old 05-03-2018, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
It seems like the never ending winter is finally over after a recent ice storm...so, finally time for some new spring mods.

Mugen door handle protectors. Wasn't sure about these until I saw some very convincing photos. Plan to take more photos soon.

Some more exciting parts - K-tuner, LED conversion, 'mystery' spoiler from Japan , and Honda Racing bear (gift from my wife )

Close-up because cute haha .
Hey Man! Let me know if you wanna share tunes some day! I have KTuner as well

Old 05-03-2018, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Nice EP!
I too came from one, a NHBP 05 to be exact.
I also hunted specifically for a white car after learning my lesson on the maintenance of keeping a black car clean.
The K series is definitely missed but my GE is also good on a different level.

Nice build so far!

Old 05-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Hey Man! Let me know if you wanna share tunes some day! I have KTuner as well
I will for sure . At the moment I'm just running the base tune. Super happy with the result so far - definitely an improvement.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by perkidddoh
Nice EP!
I too came from one, a NHBP 05 to be exact.
I also hunted specifically for a white car after learning my lesson on the maintenance of keeping a black car clean.
The K series is definitely missed but my GE is also good on a different level.

Nice build so far!
Nice, I really enjoyed the EP for quite some time. I wanted white or red since I always associate those with a classic Honda palette. I think every colour has its own issues, but black really does show scratches easily.
Power is missed, but I love the GK design/aesthetic. Really got into it after seeing some nice ones in Asia.

Thanks buddy! Do you have a build of your own ?

Old 05-08-2018, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Was looking at those mugen handle protectors myself last week. I’ll keep an eye out for when you install yours see if I like them.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't have one for my EP, mostly lowkey performance things like KPRO, maxed out on all bolts on, etc. And then electrical issues #racecar.

And it is so far nothing much with my GE, I currently just have some Progress rear sway bar and still waiting to install my swift springs but should be doing wheels when the time comes to replace my tires.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
that front lip is off ebay? fitment seems to be real good/oem like

Quick Reply: LegenD's GK5 Build Thread