3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

LegenD's GK5 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 09:59 PM
I just want to share with you the final outcome of the tail gate garnish it is not exactly the same but it is very similar and I am very happy with the final result It is also very low cost it was not more than $ 100

here is already molded

here is already painted

and here is finish jajaja i am kidding everybody knows that car

here it is

really poor quality of camera but enough to see how it looks

Old 07-06-2019, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BUCARO
I just want to share with you the final outcome of the tail gate garnish it is not exactly the same but it is very similar and I am very happy with the final result It is also very low cost it was not more than $ 100

here is already molded

here is already painted

and here is finish jajaja i am kidding everybody knows that car

here it is

really poor quality of camera but enough to see how it looks
Really nice!!!

Old 07-07-2019, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Dang! That looks really good. Did you do that yourself?

Old 07-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Dang! That looks really good. Did you do that yourself?
Yes
We call that in my country "tijuil" is something like custom
You can do that with fiber glass and the right tools like a compressor to painted
And Also a little bit of experience moldeling

Old 07-08-2019, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
very nice job Bucaro! it looks really good

Old 07-08-2019, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
very nice job Bucaro! it looks really good
thank you
Some friends told me that I painted it white so that it would stand out even more but I have not decided yet

Old 07-09-2019, 05:43 PM
Hey that looks great buddy! Nice job, very impressive for a hand-made custom piece - it looks like you have some experience with this already.

For second there I did a double take..wait a minute, I think that photo doesn’t belong haha.

_____

Regarding updates on my end, I was waiting for a free day to do the new Kouki taillight mod before I take new photos with the Gram Lights. I got them hooked up successfully - it was a lot more work than I had anticipated, but definitely worth the effort. It’s not necessarily more difficult than the older LED lights, just slightly different. I wasn’t entirely impressed with most of the DIY tutorials out there. Despite how much is covered, there is always something missing. That being said, if there is enough interest I could make a thorough DYI when I have time.

For now, here is box sneak peek

Old 07-09-2019, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
Hey that looks great buddy! Nice job, very impressive for a hand-made custom piece - it looks like you have some experience with this already.

For second there I did a double take..wait a minute, I think that photo doesn’t belong haha.

_____

Regarding updates on my end, I was waiting for a free day to do the new Kouki taillight mod before I take new photos with the Gram Lights. I got them hooked up successfully - it was a lot more work than I had anticipated, but definitely worth the effort. It’s not necessarily more difficult than the older LED lights, just slightly different. I wasn’t entirely impressed with most of the DIY tutorials out there. Despite how much is covered, there is always something missing. That being said, if there is enough interest I could make a thorough DYI when I have time.

For now, here is box sneak peek

Hell yeah! Please write up a DIY!!!

Old 07-10-2019, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
the world NEEDS a diy .... make us all proud!

Old 07-16-2019, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the enthusiasm guys. At the moment I managed to wrap up a photo shoot over the weekend, so I'd like to process that first. As for the DIY, if I get a little free time, hopefully sooner than later.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the enthusiasm guys. At the moment I managed to wrap up a photo shoot over the weekend, so I'd like to process that first. As for the DIY, if I get a little free time, hopefully sooner than later.
Pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2019, 07:18 PM
I just joined the forum - you have really created a beautiful Fit with your mods. I can't wait to start!

Old 07-29-2019, 10:26 PM
New Mods + New Photoshoot

Finally, new mods + new photoshoot! Lots of new photos - most notable changes being the Gram Lights 57C and the very recently installed Honda RS Kouki Taillights.

Pics!!!!!!!!!!!
Had a really busy schedule, but there you go, lots of pics .

Originally Posted by Jazu
I just joined the forum - you have really created a beautiful Fit with your mods. I can't wait to start!
Welcome and thanks, very much appreciate it! Looking forward to seeing your build. Tons of helpful people here if you ever need help

Old 07-30-2019, 09:13 AM
Finally, new mods + new photoshoot! Lots of new photos - most notable changes being the Gram Lights 57C and the very recently installed Honda RS Kouki Taillights.
Wheels and car look fantastic. So clean.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Tail lights looks nice can't wait for DIY, did you buy and pig tail harness? and where did you get the tail lights? thanks

Old 07-30-2019, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Dang bro. Your GK build is one of my favorites. Clean and subtle, without being gaudy.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:16 PM
wowww
looks really great !!!!!!
congrats!!!
really nice GK5

Old 07-30-2019, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
man, for a sec there, I thought your car was in japan, ready to hit the touge!

nice photography!

Old 07-30-2019, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Wheels and car look fantastic. So clean.
Thanks buddy, glad you like it

Originally Posted by galaxy convoy
Tail lights looks nice can't wait for DIY, did you buy and pig tail harness? and where did you get the tail lights? thanks
Thanks man, ideally I would like to do a DIY when I’m a little more free. The setup is different from the JDM zenki lights, but no pig tail.

I got them from JDM Yamato. They have a webshop and eBay (I used their website). Alternatively you can see how much RHD Japan’s OEM Store will quote you (almost did this). Also saw them show up used (for a really good price) on Croooober recently, but they sold out fast. Might be worth keeping an eye on them there.

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Dang bro. Your GK build is one of my favorites. Clean and subtle, without being gaudy.
Aw, thanks a lot buddy, really appreciate it. It’s easy to get carried away with mods for sure, but I had a pretty clear goal in sight, even though it kept evolving haha.

wowww

looks really great !!!!!!

congrats!!!

really nice GK5
Hahah thanks dude, happy you’re liking the new setup

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
man, for a sec there, I thought your car was in japan, ready to hit the touge!

nice photography!
Haha nice, thanks buddy, you’re not the first person to mention this area looking like Japan. I’m not too far from a few nice escarpment roads (unfortunately not as smooth as the touge in Japan). Definitely gives off some nice Initial D vibes

Anyway, thanks for the positive comments guys! Really enjoying the updated setup - mostly glad the taillights actually fit & work after a little modding. Also happen to enjoy photography so it took a while to get around to this.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:01 PM
Thanks buddy, glad you like it

Thanks man, ideally I would like to do a DIY when I’m a little more free. The setup is different from the JDM zenki lights, but no pig tail.

I got them from JDM Yamato. They have a webshop and eBay (I used their website). Alternatively you can see how much RHD Japan’s OEM Store will quote you (almost did this). Also saw them show up used (for a really good price) on Croooober recently, but they sold out fast. Might be worth keeping an eye on them there.

Aw, thanks a lot buddy, really appreciate it. It’s easy to get carried away with mods for sure, but I had a pretty clear goal in sight, even though it kept evolving haha.

Hahah thanks dude, happy you’re liking the new setup

Haha nice, thanks buddy, you’re not the first person to mention this area looking like Japan. I’m not too far from a few nice escarpment roads (unfortunately not as smooth as the touge in Japan). Definitely gives off some nice Initial D vibes

Anyway, thanks for the positive comments guys! Really enjoying the updated setup - mostly glad the taillights actually fit & work after a little modding. Also happen to enjoy photography so it took a while to get around to this.

the RS emblem is also new right???
again ....really nice GK5!!!

Quick Reply: LegenD's GK5 Build Thread