3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

LegenD's GK5 Build Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by slfjdmej2
Was looking at those mugen handle protectors myself last week. I’ll keep an eye out for when you install yours see if I like them.
Planning on a photo-shoot today, so I should have some photos soon.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by perkidddoh
I didn't have one for my EP, mostly lowkey performance things like KPRO, maxed out on all bolts on, etc. And then electrical issues #racecar.

And it is so far nothing much with my GE, I currently just have some Progress rear sway bar and still waiting to install my swift springs but should be doing wheels when the time comes to replace my tires.
Ah ok I see haha. Well, that's a good start - give me a shout if you ever decide to start a build thread

Old 05-21-2018, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
that front lip is off ebay? fitment seems to be real good/oem like
That's correct, as it's the only choice (without bumper conversion) for us USDM owners. The fitment is excellent for a replica. If you're interested, I can find the exact seller for you.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:01 PM
Updates

A few cellphone pics of some updates.

Under-side of the ‘Affection - Desire Rear Wing/Spoiler’ after returning from the body shop. Same guys painted my RS side skirts and Mugen rep. lip last year; did an excellent job again.

Plan on a new photo-shoot, but here it is after installation. Fit like a glove. Really happy with the result (it has a bit of a classic EK9 ‘duckbill’ feel that I love). This was a custom order request from RHDJapan. Waited about a month to have it fabricated before it shipped. Surprisingly, with enough digging around to see what’s available in Japan, there are a number of wing/spoiler options from smaller shops.

Spoiler came with the usual - instructions, decals, calendar poster, and some ads. The cleverly concealed (anti-theft) Mugen box above is for the ‘Mugen Tailgate Garnish’. Super excited to pair this with the spoiler.

WIP, more photos soon

Old 05-22-2018, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator
loving this duckbill

Old 05-22-2018, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
so is that wing confirmation that the USDM gimpy spoiler is the same as JDM non-RS spoiler?

Old 05-22-2018, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
Nice wing sir! Who'd you go thru to get your parts? And what other options did u find? I have the Takero's RS Plus Gurney Flap on the way. Thanks for sharing your awesome build so far!

Old 05-23-2018, 12:09 AM
Does that wing use the USDM tail light? How is it attached to the hatch? Looks great!

Old 05-23-2018, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
loving this duckbill
Thanks dude! I'll have more pics soon.

Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
so is that wing confirmation that the USDM gimpy spoiler is the same as JDM non-RS spoiler?
Seems to be the case (referred to as the JDM Hybrid spoiler I believe). I couldn't get any info, but based on the crumbs I could find, I took a gamble that it was, and sure enough it worked. After learning that even our mirrors aren't the same, I was worried haha. As far as I know, the whole hatch area is the same (other than the slimmer JDM mirrors, it's just the front and rear bumpers that are different).

Old 05-23-2018, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Nice wing sir! Who'd you go thru to get your parts? And what other options did u find? I have the Takero's RS Plus Gurney Flap on the way. Thanks for sharing your awesome build so far!
Thanks buddy! Variety of places, but mostly through RHD Japan - if you're willing to pay for shipping, it's the least hassle (for me), good/speedy service, and great for custom requests. Hmm, trying to think...I don't remember all of them since I went with my favourite option, but two that I remember are El-dorado Crave and Silk Blaze. El-dorado was the first one that I found - it's a bit more aggressive looking over the one I have. Silk Blaze makes an interesting one.

Nice, I was wondering about the Takero Gurney Flap when you mentioned it quite a while ago. It's an awesome looking addition to the RS spoiler for sure. Thanks man, appreciate it! Just need to take some new photos soon

Old 05-23-2018, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by ThadCastle
Does that wing use the USDM tail light? How is it attached to the hatch? Looks great!
Thanks man, I'm really happy with it. Looking forward to sharing some closeups / new photos. Literally bolts on over the existing spoiler that's on our USDM cars (Hybrid Fit in Japan comes with these). If you look closely at the first photo in the little update post above, you'll see where I applied tape (that came with the spoiler. I just added 3M promoter to be safe). It comes with easy to follow instructions. I think it'll make more sense when I post some new pics!

Old 06-27-2018, 10:35 PM
Plan on finally posting a ton of update photos tomorrow or Friday from a new photoshoot. Had a tough time finding the right day / weather / time away from work, but finally managed.

In the meantime, one last photo of the Mugen Tailgate Garnish box / instructions before tossing it out. Install was fairly straightforward.

Also, unrelated, but after a few weeks of driving with K-Tuner, I'm convinced it was a fantastic purchase - really gives the Fit that little extra kick it desperately needs.

Last edited by [LegenD]; 06-27-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
for your ktuner, are you running customs maps/a custom tune? or whatever tune that comes out of the box?

Old 06-28-2018, 09:04 PM
We want pics! I’m especially interested in the rear garnish.

Old 06-29-2018, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
for your ktuner, are you running customs maps/a custom tune? or whatever tune that comes out of the box?
Just running the tune that comes included. It’s a great tune out of the box. No point running a custom tune atm unless more power mods are added (downpipe, etc.).

Old 06-29-2018, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by Helios
We want pics! I’m especially interested in the rear garnish.
Haha, working on that right now, should be up in a few minutes!

Old 06-29-2018, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
any recommendations on where to pick one up for a decent price? (ie, not full retail, lol)

Old 06-29-2018, 01:27 AM
Latest Photoshoot

Finally new update photoshoot! Recent mods - LED interior / exterior conversion, K-Tuner, Affection - Desire rear spoiler, Mugen tailgate garnish, and Mugen door handle protectors.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:33 AM
Yessssss. Worth the wait. That lip is gorgeous, and i'm sold on the mugen garnish. Direct bolt on?

Old 06-29-2018, 11:13 PM
Awesome ride!

Can you tell me how you turned your front chrome trim to red? is that paint? wrap? or is that specific part?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LegenD's GK5 Build Thread