3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

LegenD's GK5 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 02:58 PM
thanks i will look that option

Old 06-17-2019, 07:40 PM
Any of you guys has an opinon about Megan Racing lowering springs????

Old 06-17-2019, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Wow loving your Fit!
Also the 86 looks superb!

It's funny, like 1 year ago I owned the same lineup of cars

Do you go to any local meets or anything? Would love to see the car in person.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BUCARO
Any of you guys has an opinon about Megan Racing lowering springs????
the price is right

it lowers the car

sounds like a winner to me

Old 06-25-2019, 03:20 PM
Thank you very much for your suggestion, believe me I will take it into account, could you please suggest me a brand of springs that will help me achieve that effect. I heard that eibach is conservative but I do not know if there is one that is even more conservative. with respect to the specifications of the tire of my vehicle this factory road 195/55 / ​​r16. and testing some tires I found that the diameter is maintained with the wheel 15 using series 195/60 / r15. So he had thought to use that series of rims and buy some eibach springs to improve the appearance. by the way your honda fit is incredible, it's inspiring
Glad I could help and thanks, happy to hear you like the Fit . I think you’ll enjoy tires that better suit the Fit especially after you get some springs or coilovers.

Everything evilchargerfan said is good. I’m personally happy with Eibach as they’re low, but not super low (good for daily driving and comfortable). I don’t have the exact numbers, but the Swift springs don’t lower the car as much as the Eibach (they are the most conservative). Other than that, what evilchargerfan said - there are numerous options out there, just have to look and decide how low you want your Fit.

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
more springs are out there, you just gotta look

(example, SWIFT makes springs that are gk5 specific)
Thanks for filling in during my absence haha.

Originally Posted by Mr.Impreza
Wow loving your Fit!
Also the 86 looks superb!

It's funny, like 1 year ago I owned the same lineup of cars

Do you go to any local meets or anything? Would love to see the car in person.
Thanks a lot buddy, appreciate it! Oh nice, I love the 86; had that before the Fit, just keep it inside all winter. Judging from your name and avatar you have an STI now?

I've considered it, but other than living kind of far from most meets, I don’t really know many official meet spots / dates.

________

In other news, I haven't managed to find time for a new photo shoot with the new wheels in between so much rain and work. Finally looks sunny here, but now I'm waiting for some new parts so I might wait for that.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
Glad I could help and thanks, happy to hear you like the Fit . I think you’ll enjoy tires that better suit the Fit especially after you get some springs or coilovers.

Everything evilchargerfan said is good. I’m personally happy with Eibach as they’re low, but not super low (good for daily driving and comfortable). I don’t have the exact numbers, but the Swift springs don’t lower the car as much as the Eibach (they are the most conservative). Other than that, what evilchargerfan said - there are numerous options out there, just have to look and decide how low you want your Fit.

Thanks for filling in during my absence haha.

Thanks a lot buddy, appreciate it! Oh nice, I love the 86; had that before the Fit, just keep it inside all winter. Judging from your name and avatar you have an STI now?

I've considered it, but other than living kind of far from most meets, I don’t really know many official meet spots / dates.

________

In other news, I haven't managed to find time for a new photo shoot with the new wheels in between so much rain and work. Finally looks sunny here, but now I'm waiting for some new parts so I might wait for that.
I am working on my Fit ....doing my personal homemade garnish with fiber glass
I Will put come pics once I finish

I am doing this because the original piece is too expensive and the shipping to my place is almost the same cost of the garnish

Old 06-27-2019, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
remember, dont call it "home made". call it "CUSTOM" so it sounds way nicer

Old 06-27-2019, 11:01 AM
remember, dont call it "home made". call it "CUSTOM" so it sounds way nicer
ok
thanks for the advice, i will in the next opportunity
for be honest my english is not too good, but i try to do my best
i hope saturday i will have finish the CUSTOM garnish

Old 06-27-2019, 11:17 PM
I am working on my Fit ....doing my personal homemade garnish with fiber glass
I Will put come pics once I finish
I am doing this because the original piece is too expensive and the shipping to my place is almost the same cost of the garnish
Oh wow, I'm impressed. That looks like a lot of work - I wish you the best of luck! It looks like it might be expensive to finish it as well (the badge area might be especially tricky).

The Mugen garnish / mid-wing was expensive and costly to ship to my location as well, but it's the quality along with the research & development you're paying for. Shipping is unfortunately always expensive for these bigger parts.

On a side note, you should start your own build thread!

Old 06-27-2019, 11:32 PM
Recently purchased (genuine JDM Honda product) the RS steering wheel garnish. Just have to find some time to take the steering wheel apart. Trying to follow up on the RS theme to tie in with the JDM sideskirts, badge, and the Kouki / facelift RS taillights which are on the way. Very excited for those; hoping they arrive next week.

This is the finished result from the product page:

Last edited by [LegenD]; 06-27-2019 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:56 PM
Having taken my steering wheel apart a few times, that trim piece would take me about 15min now. If you've never done it, maybe 30 min.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
when reinstalling the steering wheel.... be gentle. I didnt give a crap, and I broke some steering position sensors back there =\

Old 06-28-2019, 05:08 PM
Oh wow, I'm impressed. That looks like a lot of work - I wish you the best of luck! It looks like it might be expensive to finish it as well (the badge area might be especially tricky).

The Mugen garnish / mid-wing was expensive and costly to ship to my location as well, but it's the quality along with the research & development you're paying for. Shipping is unfortunately always expensive for these bigger parts.

On a side note, you should start your own build thread!
Thanks for your comment, it's really not that hard to do, it's just a matter of time and patience, soon I'll put an image so you can see the final result. On the other hand I'm sorry to say this but it's the reality ... I do not know how to create my own thread. In fact I found this forum looking for Honda Fit images like mine, and believe it or not your Honda Fit is just what I had in mind for mine, in fact my car was black and I painted it white, I hope not to bother nobody placing pictures of my car here

Old 06-28-2019, 06:40 PM
Thanks for your comment, it's really not that hard to do, it's just a matter of time and patience, soon I'll put an image so you can see the final result. On the other hand I'm sorry to say this but it's the reality ... I do not know how to create my own thread. In fact I found this forum looking for Honda Fit images like mine, and believe it or not your Honda Fit is just what I had in mind for mine, in fact my car was black and I painted it white, I hope not to bother nobody placing pictures of my car here
Hmm, maybe you need to have more posts before being allowed to start your own thread. I don't remember, but moderators would know (you could contact them). When I log in, I see a big +New Thread button on the left side. That being said, I don't mind and it doesn't bother me, just might make more sense.

Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Having taken my steering wheel apart a few times, that trim piece would take me about 15min now. If you've never done it, maybe 30 min.
when reinstalling the steering wheel.... be gentle. I didnt give a crap, and I broke some steering position sensors back there =\
Thanks for the input fellas...so from what I understand, it's not too difficult, but it could be disastrous. Hmm...

Old 06-28-2019, 10:48 PM
It's not difficult. As long as you disconnect the volume, phone and cruise connections, then it's easy to pry out that trim piece. I took some pics of mine while disassembling.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:05 PM
looking at the stearing wheel,

is there anyway to get rid of that cheese grater at the bottom of the wheel?

Old 06-29-2019, 04:09 PM
Oh awesome, I'll make sure to check your handy thread before doing this (either this weekend or next). Really appreciate the info / heads up - Thanks Action!!

Regarding the 'cheese grater'...personally I'm not sure, but doubtful that it's easy to remove without it looking messy. I could be wrong though; the other guys might know.

Last edited by [LegenD]; 06-29-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Let us know how the install goes for JDM tail lights, Ive looked at the pics for 18-19 jdm tail lights and they seemed far off the brake lights connection looks like they put it on the bottom, i think you need to make the wires longer but not really sure.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Oh awesome, I'll make sure to check your handy thread before doing this (either this weekend or next). Really appreciate the info / heads up - Thanks Action!!

Regarding the 'cheese grater'...personally I'm not sure, but doubtful that it's easy to remove without it looking messy. I could be wrong though; the other guys might know.

yeah.. i havn't found any anyway to remove it cleanly. i guess i i will just swap out the steering later lol

Old 07-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Hmm, maybe you need to have more posts before being allowed to start your own thread. I don't remember, but moderators would know (you could contact them). When I log in, I see a big +New Thread button on the left side. That being said, I don't mind and it doesn't bother me, just might make more sense.

Thanks for the input fellas...so from what I understand, it's not too difficult, but it could be disastrous. Hmm...

its time for pics!!!!!!!
let us see your new details in that impressive GK5

Quick Reply: LegenD's GK5 Build Thread