3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
SO, this weekend was rather productive ... ish.

I went with a Rockford Fosgate R250X4 Prime 4-Channel Amplifier, the wattage goes perfect with my poor man speakers, and .... scored the amp for a good price via amazon warehouse deals. Found a rad place to mount the amp as well

NOTE, we did have a trim a little bit to make it fit

How it will look once its all said and done

I wont bother posting pictures, but ... the sub install was a huge fail. It was a combination of the sub being taller than I expected .... and the area under the seats being insanely cramped to the point where .... NOTHING can go underneath.

For those wondering, the amp was a Rockford Fosgate PS-8 (8" 150W RMS Underseat Powered Car Stereo Audio Subwoofer). Will be going back to amazon and will need to come up with a plan b soon ish.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
And "while we were in there" ... went ahead and installed some footwell lighting. For those who need the PN and instructions:

Interior Illumination - Honda (08E10-T5A-100)
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...ntlighting.pdf

Bad photos, I know. here is a stock image to better show what it looks like with actual good photography

Old 05-07-2018, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Due to the gap in pricing, I settled for the ebay "mugen style" visors. Fitment is ... MEH. I did buy the oem hardware for the honda visors, in an effort to actually CLIP down the ebay visors, but they dont have the proper mounting holes.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good man. Thanks for the headlight bulb review I was actually looking at those to buy.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
^^^

Always a pleasure testing out products. I find comparing stuff to be .... exhilarating

SO .... for kicks and giggles, I pull my engine air filter and cabin air filters out ... HOLY MOLY .... filthy! The car is a 2015 with 24k on the odometer. Prev owner probably NEVER replaced the filters:

K&N is my go to because I can wash and re use the filters. I found a way to 1-up my poor mans game and went with Amazon Warehouse Deals on my filters ... being the cheap skate that I am, I dont mind buying a "used" filter ... and to my amazement the item showed up NEW! SCORE!

LEFT = new
RIGHT = supposedly "used"

NOTED, my brother ordered one as well same time, he essentially paid almost $10 more, for the same thing

Old 05-11-2018, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
For those who care, I did the same for my K&N Engine Air Filter as well .... HUGE savings over new:

Old 05-14-2018, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Installed the "GK5 FIT ACUITY SHIFTER CABLE BUSHING UPGRADE" over the weekend. Followed the instructions and it was pretty straight forward. I was honestly expecting even more of a "tight" feel .... but.... its def better than nothing. next mod, I may try that buddy club short shifter sold on axion's website

Old 05-14-2018, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Dam now you have me contemplating getting the m&m honda. It’ll problly feel better once that buddy club short shifter is installed ��

Old 05-15-2018, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
m&m? I'm embarrassed to say this but.... I dont get it? lol

so in todays episode .... FUN WITH LED PANELS!

I shoved some 20 leds into the map lights, and they barely fit

For the trunk, 12 LED panel was the most that would fit back there

Not pictured ... but I did try to shove a 48 led panel in the dome light ... huge fail. one 20 led panel only took up 1/2 the space of the dome light, so I decided .... I'll combine 2 and make it a 40 led panel

BRIGHT AF tho ....

Old 05-15-2018, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
Installed the "GK5 FIT ACUITY SHIFTER CABLE BUSHING UPGRADE" over the weekend. Followed the instructions and it was pretty straight forward. I was honestly expecting even more of a "tight" feel .... but.... its def better than nothing. next mod, I may try that buddy club short shifter sold on axion's website
Honestly the buddy club short shifter has much better bang for the buck compared to the acuity shift bushings. I have both. Wouldn't do the shift bushings over again.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
I am most def regretting the acuity bushings. If I could do it all over again, I woulda went straight to the buddy club short shifter

Other than axion, any other recommends on where to pick 1 up for a decent price?

Old 05-15-2018, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
I am most def regretting the acuity bushings. If I could do it all over again, I woulda went straight to the buddy club short shifter

Other than axion, any other recommends on where to pick 1 up for a decent price?
Nope. It's where I got mine.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member

I have only seen it for sale through Axion.
I picked mine up from someone selling it here, which I believe you replied to that thread before it was removed.

I was thinking of doing the Acuity bushings soon.
Are you saying you regret the bushings in general, or regret getting them before the short shifter?
I love the feel of the short shifter combined with a weighted knob (Blox).
I am curious how much of an improvement, if any, the bushings would make in addition to that.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Kevin may be the better person to answer that LeFreaky, I believe he has it all. I am in full agreement with the weighted knob, it made the acuity bushings feel, better.

From my personal experience, the acuity bushings make a TINY diff. I am pretty sure, its one of those things where, its best to just buy it ALL for that "complete package" and best feel. But, if budget is an issue, and I had to choose ONE .... I have a feeling .... I'd be most happy with just the short shifter itself

For the time being, I do not have the short shifter. I'll eventually jump on board and cave in, and buy.... one day.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Played around with the shark fin antenna. I must say, the Beat-Sonic FDA4S is a damn close match to alabaster silver metallic. Radio station reception ... appears to be just as good as stock.

Beat-Sonic FDA4S Silver Universal Functional Shark Fin Antenna
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003M0N7JG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003M0N7JG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(for those who need a link to buy, that's where I bought mine from)

Old 05-21-2018, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Illuminated Door Sills, I know its something that is only seen when the door opens up for a hot 3-4 seconds.... but this is a must have for me. I cheaped out and went with the ebay special.

To my surprise, the install was easier than expected! I thought I would have to tap into the dome light to make it all work, but the kit actually comes with a harness. Plug & Play ... FTW!

Old 05-21-2018, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Old 05-21-2018, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone
I have only seen it for sale through Axion.
I picked mine up from someone selling it here, which I believe you replied to that thread before it was removed.

I was thinking of doing the Acuity bushings soon.
Are you saying you regret the bushings in general, or regret getting them before the short shifter?
I love the feel of the short shifter combined with a weighted knob (Blox).
I am curious how much of an improvement, if any, the bushings would make in addition to that.
If I'm not mistaken, Axion is the only seller of the Buddy Club short shifter for the GK5 because they take a CR-Z unit and modify it to work for the GK5. It's not an off-the-shelf type deal.

I currently have the Acuity Instruments shifter cable bushings along with the Hasport rear motor mount (U70A), and a Spoon Sports aluminum shift knob.

In my opinion, the shifter cable bushings work as a nice supplementary modification to the upgraded motor mount. The biggest improvement(s), for me, were noticed with the upgraded motor mount, but that's not a surprise.

The shifter cable bushings make shifts feel more notchy and direct and the heavier shift knob makes it easier to engage the gears. When you combine the two, you have a really nice combo.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Past few days have been insanely productive. With some down time waiting on my buddy to work on other parts of the car, I poured some Liquid Urethane into the oem Torque Rod. This is a good alternative for those of us who do not want to shell out the money for a Hasport or BeatRush rear motor mount

For those who care, I went with the 80A High Performance Durometer:

DIY Liquid Urethane Engine and Motor Mount Inserts

Old 05-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Nice man, lots of great progress since I last checked. Sorry to hear about the sub, that’s a bummer.

Regarding the eBay ‘Mugen style’ visors - just get the legit ones if the fitment still bothers you. I get everything through RHDJapan to avoid the hassle and headache.

M&M Honda is a tuning shop in Japan that focuses on Honda parts/builds, very much like Spoon Sports for example.

LEDs look great! Just did a full LED conversion (interior and exterior) on my Fit a few days ago too - looks so much nicer.

Appreciate the door sill write-up - looks very nice, and was wondering about these . Anyway, nice updates man, looking forward to more

Quick Reply: Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)