3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
I do own a turbo key chain, how much hp doe these things add?

Twin scroll?

Old 08-09-2018, 09:48 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
evil, how do you like ur pedal commander so far? i got one on order too for my WRX while i wait for cobb to release their 2019 profiles. honestly the car pulls pretty fast so im not too worried about adding power (car's a dd), but the throttle response is slow.. so hope to fix dat

Old 08-10-2018, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
*** DEAL ALERT ***

for those of you wanting a pedal commander, today is a good day to do it

$259
Amazon Amazon

Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Twin scroll?
to this day, ive yet to drive a car with one and see the diff .... lol. one day!

Originally Posted by kenchan
evil, how do you like ur pedal commander so far? i got one on order too for my WRX while i wait for cobb to release their 2019 profiles. honestly the car pulls pretty fast so im not too worried about adding power (car's a dd), but the throttle response is slow.. so hope to fix dat
loving it man. it really makes the car "feel" faster off the line. no more awkward delay when I take off from 1st gear from a stop light!

if i had a 2015+ wrx .... id do the following:

-flex fuel kit
-cobb ap, run the e85 tune
-call it a day

OH, and id run a "hoonigan" decal so I could fit in with all the young bucks

Originally Posted by bdcheung
I had a 1993 Saturn SC2; I fabricated a custom exhaust manifold and boosted it with a T25 turbo. Trust me, it's not worth the effort. Yeah it's cool that I can say "I did that" but in the end it was more hassle than it was worth.
you mistaken me for a person with talent.... lol. IF a turbo were ever in the works, id just buy a kit cause no way in hell I could ever piece together something like that myself

Old 08-10-2018, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
SAVING THIS .... for no good reason:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...brake-kit.html

Originally Posted by De36
This is what I have been up to the last couple of days; I put together a Front DIY BBK using my friends at Car-Quest and Napa. Going to a larger pad and rotor (11") set up. It bolts right on. NO fabricating involved. The rotor backing plates will have to be slightly bent by hand to accommodate the larger rotor.

Specs:

Stock Rotor Diameter: 254mm (10"), Wieght: 11 lbs
Stock Caliper Piston Diameter: 53mm
Stock Pad Contact Surface: 90mm long x 48mm tall

BBK Rotor Diameter: 280mm (11"), Weight:11.5 lbs
BBK Caliper Piston Diameter: 56mm
BBK Pad Contact Surface: 105mm long x 50mm tall

BBK Parts:

Calipers: 1997 Acura Integra Type R
Pads: 1997 Acura Integra Type R
Rotor: 2009 Mini Cooper SOHC non-turbo 280mm*

*Make sure to specify "280mm"!!! For some reason Pep-boys gave me 276mm, they are close but too small.

NOTE: The 280mm Mini Cooper rotors ARE Hub Centric.

BBK OEM Part Numbers:

Caliper: OEM Type R (x1) 19-B1461 and (x1) 19-B1460
Pads: OEM Type R (x1) CXD503
Rotors: OEM Mini Cooper (x2) 48880606 or 326610

My BBK Set Up:

Capilers: OEM Type R Calipers (x1) 19-B1461 and (x1) 19-B1460
Pads: Hawk HPS, HB143F.680
Rotor: Stop Tech (x1) 127.34100R and (x1) 127.34100L

Pics:

Pad Comparison:

Before (Stock):

After (11" BBK):

After (11" BBK):

280mm Rotor and Pad Clearance (11" BBK):

Final Set up with Hawk pads, Stop Tech Rotors, Type-r calipers:

Review:

I have had the setup on the car for over 2k miles now. The car has a lot more bit and is very responsive under braking. I suggest upgrading to a wider tire is a must from the 195, I doubt the OEM tires keep up with the brakes.

Problems:

First, Remember these calipers are REBUILTS!!!! That means they were replace because they had issues and were rebuilt. The left caliper I bought slides fine in my hand, but when it's on the car under heavy pressure it binds. At first I thought this was air in the system, but when I was on the high way and I was on the brakes; it pulled right. This indicates that "only the front right side caliper was working". Car Quest warrantied it, no hassle.

Second, I got air all the way into the master and it took a long time to get it out. The best advice I can give is bleed it manually with someone who has bled brakes before. The wives/ girlfriends can cause a lot of painful grief if you end up getting air all the way back in the master.

OR

$470
http://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/...1-inch-kit.htm

-Type R Calipers
-Rotors
-Pads
-SS Lines

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 08-10-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
this as well ... saving for no good reason:

Calipers:
R: R-06452-SM5-505RM
F: R-06453-SM5-505RM

Rotors are 06 Mini Cooper, Base Model (276mm)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-02-03-0....H0.Xnike.TRS1

Pads: Whatever you prefer honestly, as long as it's Integra Type R
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Brake-...LH_TitleDesc=0

AND

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...d-kit-gk5.html

Originally Posted by owenxguo
Oh so I can't find my old account, haven't been on this forum for years, so I registered a new one.

Recently spent lot time build our GK5 race car in China, didn't see much post here regarding to the Wilwood honda kit that fits the 2nd gen, thought I should share some experiences.

The Wilwood kit for 2nd gen will directly bolt on the 3rd gen GK5, brake lines are same, basically all 2nd gen brake kit should bolt on to 3rd gen without any issue.

Kits will fit:
Wilwood Disc Brakes - Search Wilwood Brake Kits

DP: If you are running 15 inch wheels, you can probably use the 140-12996 kit only. Although Wilwood claimed their 12.19" kit requires minimum 15" wheels, I'v tested tons of 15" wheels, nearly nothing can clear. So I would call 16" is minimum requirement for 12.19" kit.

Hope this could help

Some pictures of testing work, 1st picture is 140-12996 kit, 2nd and 3rd are 140-6163 kit, with 16" 5Zigen, last pictures was taken my first race with our GK5 early this year.
AND

TYPE ? | Unique-Power Int'l

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 08-11-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
*** DEAL ALERT ***

for those of you wanting a pedal commander, today is a good day to do it

loving it man. it really makes the car "feel" faster off the line. no more awkward delay when I take off from 1st gear from a stop light!

if i had a 2015+ wrx .... id do the following:

-flex fuel kit
-cobb ap, run the e85 tune
-call it a day

OH, and id run a "hoonigan" decal so I could fit in with all the young bucks
sounds good! the subaru version is not on sale.. oh well. lol mine should arrive tomorrow so will install it right away. yah, im definitely getting da cobb AP fosho. i have one in my STI and it made the throttle output very linear. lol'ed at hoonigan decal. i dont really drive all crazy these days. just spiritedly yet cleanly. ive not gotten a speeding ticket in over 20yrs.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
Next mod for ECF

Dyno tune! Let's see where you're at! Did you already do the RV-6 DP? Custom cold ram air to your weapon r? Under drive pulley set? Did you get rid of the 225s? per your mod list?

Old 08-11-2018, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
sucks, my pedo commando (lol..wtf were dey thinking naming their product..) is showing a delay by UPS dis am. due to dat faking plane joyrider accident BS in seattle my package missed its connecting flight.. guess something to look forward to next week.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
no Rv6 DP (yet) Art. if that ever happens, I believe that mod would demand an immediate dyno tune right afterwards. I did install the weapon r intake, when the weather gets nicer i'll run a duct from the fog light to scoop fresh air and feed direct to said intake. pulley? never thought of that one.... got a link to which one you had in mind? and yea, the beefy 225s are gone, I went with light weight 195s instead

no new updates, it was too hot to touch the car over the weekend.

while sitting indoors on my butt and enjoying ac ... my mind wandered and somehow, I now have my eyes set on THIS:

Old 08-13-2018, 12:52 PM
How about:

Amazon Amazon

(because I am a cheap-ass)

Old 08-13-2018, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Wilwood

Those go with stock size rotors? I like the 11" Acura upgrade you posted better, more surface area, cheap parts...

Old 08-13-2018, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
How about:

https://www.amazon.com/Temperature-B.../dp/B004BQ87YK

(because I am a cheap-ass)
that's a pretty cool idea actually, and cost effective

I kicked around the idea of brakes for street cred/so I can fit in with the cool kids who all have fancy brakes

Originally Posted by Z062FIT
Those go with stock size rotors? I like the 11" Acura upgrade you posted better, more surface area, cheap parts...
correct, they do run 10.3 inch rotors. assuming I do all of this, I would go with slotted and/or drilled rotors. I found another kit they sell, a little more money involved, but does come with rotors

for the money tho, the acura one is tough to beat. I do like how fancy the wilwood 4 piston's look, no denying they are friggin pretty. for more stopping power + fancy looks .... $730 for 12.19 inch rotors, but I believe that one is out of my reach

Old 08-13-2018, 03:53 PM
You can buy remanned OEM calipers that are powder coated red for $53 each

POWER STOP S6038 Performance Red Powder Coated; Includes Hardware and Bracket
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...sn=373&jsn=373

Old 08-13-2018, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
mang, are they really serious about these caliper cover prices? lol wtf

https://www.carid.com/caliper-covers...SAAEgKAPvD_BwE

hey evil, i got dat pedal commander thingie today finally and wired it up to my WRX. i like it, it got rid of the initial throttle slop the car had. just using a mild 'City +1' setting for now and installed it inside my coin cubby so it's all hidden away.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
mang, are they really serious about these caliper cover prices? lol wtf

https://www.carid.com/caliper-covers...SAAEgKAPvD_BwE

hey evil, i got dat pedal commander thingie today finally and wired it up to my WRX. i like it, it got rid of the initial throttle slop the car had. just using a mild 'City +1' setting for now and installed it inside my coin cubby so it's all hidden away.
I like the idea of the caliper covers... but that's seriously more expensive that the remanufactured calipers that have been powdercoated!

Old 08-14-2018, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
yah things crazy! lol

Old 08-18-2018, 08:30 AM
Has anyone looked into the Acura TL Brembo brakes to see if they fit?

Old 08-20-2018, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
its interesting how expensive those caliper covers are. for that much money, it'd make more sense to save up and get something nicer. like reman oem calipers, or integra type r brakes, or those wilwood's

I havent looked into Acura Tl brakes, but I could have sworn I read someone successfully pull off Acura Legend brakes (which are apparently like Nsx brakes, but heavier)

UPDATE:

Pedal Commander, after driving around with this thing for a while, I did observe a slight hit on my MPG. SO, over the weekend I removed the throttle controller just for kicks & giggles.... and oh lord, did the car feel horrible.

When I initially purchased this Pedal Commander, my impressions were:
"wow, this thing makes the pedal feel nicer and more responsive"

My present day impression:
"how the hell did Honda manage to sell cars this way?!"

CONCLUSION = the Throttle Controller is a KEEPER and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 08-20-2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Megan Rear Sways went on over the weekend. Like most people will report, cornering feels a little more flat now. Install was relatively simple, and quick. Just a few things to point out for the Megan rear sway:

I had to remove a plastic shield, in order for for the mounting plates to mate up:

a slight trimming of the rubber that holds the rear springs, was needed

after trimming, the rest of the install was a breeze

I barely had much play time with the car, as always .... will report back with my impressions in a few weeks

Old 08-21-2018, 12:14 AM
That is a beautiful piece of hardware that, unfortunately, most people will not get to see!

How much of a dip in MPG are we talking about?

Quick Reply: Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)