3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)

Old 01-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Congrats on the house D! I am most definitely envious of your three-car garage - I could store so many more bicycles in there!

Old 01-08-2019, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
-with my previous brembo's and d2 bbk ... the car would pretty much STOP on a dime. its not quite the case with this setup ... I'm not 100% sure if its because the bp-20 pads are just not the best? OR, more than likely.... this is the way of life for these tiny 10 inch rotors?
Hmmmm...... Might help if you replace the rear OE brake shoes with something to match the BP-20's.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the house bro. Hilarious the Fit can fit in a 1/2 garage. Coincidentally, but I'm going to be making a move this year too but almost the opposite of you. I'll be moving into a smaller house, from a 2 car to a 1 car but it'll be cut my commute in half and be able to pay it off at the end of the year.

I really wish I could just take the current house and plop it up north, but just not doable.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hotkey
Hmmmm...... Might help if you replace the rear OE brake shoes with something to match the BP-20's.
Eh. The rear brakes do almost nothing on these cars anyway.

Congrats on the house!

Old 01-08-2019, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Eh. The rear brakes do almost nothing on these cars anyway.
This. They're basically just there to keep the rear end from coming around.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Evil - Sorry if I overlooked, did you do the "street" or "race" on the rear bushings? Thanks!

Old 01-15-2019, 12:08 PM
congratulations on the house...thats dope. i miss having a garage and apartment life sucks. i do have a washer n dryer in apt at least i guess..lol.

aligning myself to be in your position soon hopefully!

Old 01-15-2019, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the warm words everyone, this "home owner" thing is new to me, and alot to take in. every weekend so far has been wasted on doing not-so-fun things.... lol.

Originally Posted by CyclingFit
Hey Evil - Sorry if I overlooked, did you do the "street" or "race" on the rear bushings? Thanks!
street (purple )

Originally Posted by eulogy
aligning myself to be in your position soon hopefully!
I look back and wonder what the heck took the mrs and I so long to finally just pull the trigger.

If I had a time machine, I'd tell my young self to hurry up and get it over with, with crazy property value in San Diego as is (not uncommon for home values to double in just a few yrs), I woulda/coulda been 500k more richer. Do it Eulogy, I'm cheering for ya!

Old 01-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Nice pics!

I downloaded an Android phone app a couple of years ago that uses the photometer in the phone's camera to implement a light meter. It should work perfectly for this application. I'd probably mount it in the center of the beam @ 10ft for testing though, as this close might overwhelm the phone's metering system.

PS: I installed the Phillips 2X headlight bulbs and really like them as I spent $300 for 3M Crystalline window film for the windshield (93% IR rejection) and it reduces visible light by 7%. BTW, since the windshield is such a large surface area, dumping that heat-load makes a difference in MPG in the summertime, especially on long desert drives like the ones both you and & are doing.

Last edited by solidpoint; 01-19-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
This is the one I bought, cheapest I could find

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2015-20...-/223284591011
Well, looks like I got scammed. I ordered this, and got a roll of 3M tape. Contacted the seller and they responded asking if I wanted a refund or to resend. I responded that I'd like them to resend the correct item on 1/7. I've been ghosted since. I'm going through eBay for resolution and if not, I'll go through my credit card.

I guess the deal was too good to be true...

Old 01-22-2019, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solidpoint

PS: I installed the Phillips 2X headlight bulbs and really like them as I spent $300 for 3M Crystalline window film for the windshield (93% IR rejection) and it reduces visible light by 7%. BTW, since the windshield is such a large surface area, dumping that heat-load makes a difference in MPG in the summertime, especially on long desert drives like the ones both you and & are doing.
thanks for the input. someone pointed out some flaws on how I measured light output, I think I was supposed to measure at 30 ft. I will most def provide an update to that, at a future date, with a possible new head light / bulb setup

may I ask for more details, about the windshield film? I'm a fan of maxing out MPG, and I wanted to ask how much diff in MPG you saw, and what may have attributed to that difference?

Well, looks like I got scammed. I ordered this, and got a roll of 3M tape. Contacted the seller and they responded asking if I wanted a refund or to resend. I responded that I'd like them to resend the correct item on 1/7. I've been ghosted since. I'm going through eBay for resolution and if not, I'll go through my credit card.

thats rough. ebay is pretty good about this kinda thing tho. I had a scenario where I sold a MINT condition video card, and buyer accused me of "abuse". long story short, the buyer got a refund, and kept the video card. ebay is really bias to buyer satisfaction. you'll get your money back (or product), one way or another

updates:
red lug nuts installed .... no photos because, I am not sure if I like it / considering removing them as the other night some "street racers" tried to "race" me .... starting to think the red lugs are attracting unwanted attn

and, this info is more "for me" but i'll share anyways. as of jan 2019, 45379 mi, 30% maint minder (7879 mi)

Old 01-22-2019, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member

crap .... looks like youre not alone ... sellers feedback suggests a TON got ripped off. =\

Old 01-22-2019, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
crap .... looks like youre not alone ... sellers feedback suggests a TON got ripped off. =\

Yup, when I originally ordered they had great feedback so I thought I was safe. Not sure if the good feedback were faked, but in the last month he scammed a bunch of people.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
The other night, a Coyote crosses 4 lanes of highway I-15 going south bound.... and then attempts to cross 4 more lanes onto the north bound side. Long story short..... I was using 1 of those 4 lanes .... the rest was history (literally speaking for the coyote)

Car started leaking coolant upon impact (coyota was able to push the rad fans inward, and the fans probably started cutting up hoses and possibly more stuff), I immediately pulled over and parked it. The car will be down indefinitely =\

(and for those wondering, yes, I am okay)

Old 01-28-2019, 05:50 PM
The other night, a Coyote crosses 4 lanes of highway I-15 going south bound.... and then attempts to cross 4 more lanes onto the north bound side. Long story short..... I was using 1 of those 4 lanes .... the rest was history (literally speaking for the coyote)

Car started leaking coolant upon impact (coyota was able to push the rad fans inward, and the fans probably started cutting up hoses and possibly more stuff), I immediately pulled over and parked it. The car will be down indefinitely =\

(and for those wondering, yes, I am okay)
Oh man, that is terrible news! I am glad you are OK. New house new year new car?

Old 01-28-2019, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
this was the "new car" ... lol

we'll be dusting off our wrx for dd duties for the next few weeks. so cal's ever present threats of "$1000 exhaust ticket fines", makes it a not fun car to pull out of the garage as everywhere I drive I'm always looking over my shoulder. I did install a silencer, which brings it 1 step closer to "stock" noise level

Old 01-28-2019, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Glad you're ok brother. What do you mean indefinitely? Really that much damage?

Old 01-28-2019, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Bummer man!!! Glad you are ok and have a another dd option.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
Glad you're safe

Looks like mugen body kit time!

Old 01-30-2019, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Did you have the splash guard installed? Just curious if it made any difference in protecting the radiator?

Also, the ebay lip seemed to hold up ok. What's your opinion on it? eBay refunded me from the scammer, so I'm deciding if it's worth looking for the same lip again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)