3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)

Old 08-29-2018, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Jesus christ.

DON'T ROLL YOUR FENDERS WITH BASEBALL BATS.

(I saw OP mentioned his car is in bad shape anyway and has already done it, this is for people who haven't modified cars before and might be reading this)

A proper fender roller is not hard to get. It is not expensive. It is not rare.

It will turn out better, you will run less risk of destroying your quarter panels, etc.

Or buy wheels that don't require pulling fenders. If you know how to do math, you can get really cool wheel/tire fitment without pulling fenders.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
DON'T ROLL YOUR FENDERS WITH BASEBALL BATS.
People can do whatever they want to their car and OP has said he gives zero F's about what you have to say. I saw a guy do it with a rock and I did mine with a fender roller because I made my own decision. People can decide what to do to their personal things.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:18 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
evil- ur car needs a front splitter like the ronald mcdonald’s car now.

usually people get the splitter first then think about wat to do with the sides and rear.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
also installed some ricer skirt extension thingee's as well

I wanted the rear bumper to have something, to match the side skirt add on's. I wasnt able to find anything that came close. After seeing some WRX guy's rear setups as inspiration, I went in that direction

I attempted to go for this look, the sides of it at least/minus the center diffuser:

Where did you got the side skirt thingies!!

Old 08-30-2018, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
People can do whatever they want to their car and OP has said he gives zero F's about what you have to say. I saw a guy do it with a rock and I did mine with a fender roller because I made my own decision. People can decide what to do to their personal things.
Reading comprehension > you.

I literally mentioned the OP IN MY POST.

Just as a rule, it is a lot safer to use the proper tool for the job rather than a baseball bat/flashlight/pipe/whatever.

People can decide what to do but I'd rather some naive kid doesn't wander into the safe space for bad ideas that fitfreak is turning into and destroys the fenders on the new car his parents bought for him to drive to college.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
ive seen folks in jland roll fenders using regular rubber mallets and a heat gun so i’m sure a bat can work too.
the wood gives in a little so might make it harder to tell how much to push though due to the distortion.

fender rollers are pretty cheap. like $250 or something at tirerack i saw yrs ago. buy one get ur buddies to pay $25 and be able to recover the cost in no time.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:54 PM
a fender roller combined with a mallet will definitely give a person more precise control and better results.

i bought one of these off ebay for $35-40 dollars for the remaining 3 fenders on my last car. chinese product, but shipped from U.S. and Worked perfect.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
evil- ur car needs a front splitter like the ronald mcdonald’s car now.

usually people get the splitter first then think about wat to do with the sides and rear.
I'm to embarrassed to post my failed attempt at a front winglet/splitter. I def know something is missing up front. I'll re visit that area.... one day

Originally Posted by elkaku
Where did you got the side skirt thingies!!
ebay my friend. ebay

ive seen folks in jland roll fenders using regular rubber mallets and a heat gun so i’m sure a bat can work too.
the wood gives in a little so might make it harder to tell how much to push though due to the distortion.

fender rollers are pretty cheap. like $250 or something at tirerack i saw yrs ago. buy one get ur buddies to pay $25 and be able to recover the cost in no time.
the wooden bat I used does give a little. as long as youre being gentle, I feel there is a possible chance of decent results

I just barely got back from Japan, still jet lagged. So I wont post much for a bit, as I'm still trying to reacclimate to normal life. For now, here are a few snaps of cool Fit's I saw out there. Fun observation = JAZZ is not a thing out there, they call them "FIT" .... and the Japanese appear to do USDM Wiper mods, which is amusing because here in the USA we all adore our JDM Wiper Mods

my fav:

check out this guys fog light area garnish, and rear bumper garnish thingees

saw a cool GE8 RS, in the country

a Fit Shuttle, we NEED these

misc fit's

Old 09-18-2018, 05:03 PM
Thanks for sharing pictures! Did your wife ask why you kept stopping to take pics of Fits?

Old 09-18-2018, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
she shares my enthusiasm for cars. It was fun pointing out subtle differences, and she actually got a kick out of some things. she digs that they come with power folding mirrors, rain visors, and those front bumper led stick light bar thingee's

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 09-18-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:50 PM
Nice finds, thanks for sharing these! Haha, yea I find those antenna things really amusing as well. Did you enjoy the trip? I'm going there in April next year, so pretty excited .

Old 09-23-2018, 01:14 PM
car looks good!

Old 09-23-2018, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Those 'LED stick antenna thingees' are so you can see where the corner of your car is. Useful for parking and maneuvering in tight areas.

In the US, 'curb feelers' used to be a thing (before my time) that accomplished a similar purpose of not scraping your car.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
lol yah, i was going to say those are like curb feelers! fun picts indeed. good to see all these variations of the jazz/fits.

GL on the front splitter. if you cant find a dedicated splitter, id just use those EZ lips and figure out a way to screw them on using small L brackets. not sure, hope it sparks some ideas.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
Nice finds, thanks for sharing these! Haha, yea I find those antenna things really amusing as well. Did you enjoy the trip? I'm going there in April next year, so pretty excited .
Japan was .... life changing. I went last year mar-april, be ready for insane CROWDS. youre gonna love it!

lmk via pm's if you want tips/recommends, my spread sheet/itinerary, etc. or just follow me on ig or fb and you can see my posts as I catalog my trip daily

Originally Posted by malubawla
car looks good!
thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted by sneefy
Those 'LED stick antenna thingees' are so you can see where the corner of your car is. Useful for parking and maneuvering in tight areas.

In the US, 'curb feelers' used to be a thing (before my time) that accomplished a similar purpose of not scraping your car.
I'm aware

I just used loose vocab as, most people dont seem to care for the sticks. heh, curb feelers .... I smell a come back for those. (esp handy for those people who have expensive wheels, and yet still get curb rash)

lol yah, i was going to say those are like curb feelers! fun picts indeed. good to see all these variations of the jazz/fits.

GL on the front splitter. if you cant find a dedicated splitter, id just use those EZ lips and figure out a way to screw them on using small L brackets. not sure, hope it sparks some ideas.
I found some bigger winglets and slapped em on. Overall pleased with them, just wished they stuck out further on the outer edges, to make the front end appear more "wide". for how cheap they were.... I guess I can live with them

minor update .... back on the ktuner as of 33959 miles. my brother fell in love with the ktuner (he borrowed mine, during my time in japan) and has since purchased his own, and just recently flashed his 10th gen civic from the stage 1 map, to stage 2. I must say, I am insanely jealous of the extra attention the civic guys get from ktuner .... even their stage 0 tune, corrects the pedal delay (IE: it eliminates the need for an expensive $299 electronic throttle controller purchase)

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 09-24-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Went on a little mini cruise to the Julian Pie company over the weekend. I took the scenic (and more fun) route. I must say, I am extremely happy with how well this tiny little car can handle. I just wish it had more acceleration

For those of you close enough, give Julian a visit. It has a pretty neat old school feel to it, reminds me of something you'd see in a classic cowboys vs indians kinda film. The big gigantic gift shop that looks like a barn, is much larger/deep than it appears to be, its a must do/must see when in town. And of course.... get some pie

a quick clip I made while it was safe, and there was less cars/motorcycles around me:

Old 09-24-2018, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
Lived in Japan for 2 years, VERY near the legendary Koya-Ryujin Skyline. So many amazing cars. Too bad we can't get them all here...yet. Waiting for 2024 when I can get an R34.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
hey that winglet looks good, evil! NJ.

looks like a fun drive plus fun time at julian’s place. mang wtf am i still doing here in da faking boredom midwest. lol

Old 09-25-2018, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
Lived in Japan for 2 years, VERY near the legendary Koya-Ryujin Skyline. So many amazing cars. Too bad we can't get them all here...yet. Waiting for 2024 when I can get an R34.
I am envious. I dont know how many times Ive said "boy would I LOVE to move to Japan".

hey that winglet looks good, evil! NJ.

looks like a fun drive plus fun time at julian’s place. mang wtf am i still doing here in da faking boredom midwest. lol
ty sir! the drive to Julian is def fun. one of my old buddys saw my post on fb, and is organizing the next cruise. it will be mainly subaru's and wrx's, but I'll tag along anyways.... I'd like to see how the gk5 does with the suba-bro's

Will be test fitting a rear diffuser soon .... fingers crossed .... it fits on our usdm bumpers

Old 09-25-2018, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
huh, from the inside it appears to be a similar design.. so it should fit? looking forward to ur updated post install picts!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!)