3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Helios Boring Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 11:53 AM
Lug nut options are limited for the OEM wheel seat. What do you guys think?

Red Steel Lugs

or

Aluminum with a little more pop

Leaning towards the steel because i'm not worried about weight, and CNC aluminum from China scares me. Not that I know where the steel ones are made. But at least they're stronger material.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
steel would last longer. alum has a tendency to easily strip/wear.

so yea .... red accents ... I say do both the lugs AND the pin stripe on the skirts.

heck, how about a red pin stripe along the front lip as well?!

Old 07-31-2018, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Helios
Can you link the exact ones you bought? I see there are different sizes.
Also, I hope you just typed wrong. You want BALL seat, not cone! Cone/taper is for most aftermarket wheels.
Installed my red H center caps and black lug nuts yesterday; love the look. Pics and links here. Still looking for a solution to all that chrome on my grill (also still looking for a giant red H for the grill).

Considering one of these options (eliminates need for red H?):

Old 07-31-2018, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
Eh. I think pulling off the garnish and wrapping or plastidipping it would look great. I kinda like the Honda emblem.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bdcheung
Eh. I think pulling off the garnish and wrapping or plastidipping it would look great. I kinda like the Honda emblem.
"Eh?" I am hesitant to plastidip or do my own wrapping... Maybe I'll consult my window tinter. And I LOVE Honda H emblems, especially RED ONES...! I would really love to find the right size (~145mm X ~120MM) red H for the front of my car, and IMO our friend Helios needs one too for his beautifully wrapped grill.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
I think those grills are meant for the JDM bumbers. Some have tried to order them but they were not a direct plug in play.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UnFitRick
"Eh?" I am hesitant to plastidip or do my own wrapping... Maybe I'll consult my window tinter. And I LOVE Honda H emblems, especially RED ONES...! I would really love to find the right size (~145mm X ~120MM) red H for the front of my car, and IMO our friend Helios needs one too for his beautifully wrapped grill.
Communicating over text is hard! Missing a bunch of nonverbals. My "eh" was more of a half Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż, like "eh I see your point but i'm not sure it's enough to sway me".

I'm planning on plastidipping the front and rear chrome garnishes on my lunar silver metallic EX. Probably black.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:29 AM
I really recommend wrapping. The black is impossible to even tell it was wrapped. The red chrome if you look at the tucked edges up close you can see some areas where the cut wasn’t perfect. Obviously it’s installer dependent, but you honestly can look all over the black and have no idea it is wrapped. I would expect to pay $150-$200 to have the front upper and lower grille done.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
I really recommend wrapping. The black is impossible to even tell it was wrapped. The red chrome if you look at the tucked edges up close you can see some areas where the cut wasn’t perfect. Obviously it’s installer dependent, but you honestly can look all over the black and have no idea it is wrapped. I would expect to pay $150-$200 to have the front upper and lower grille done.

I am concerned with my ability to plastidip or wrap to the level where it doesn't look like I did it, but I'm not sure my window tinter would be interested, and then it comes to who do I trust and how much is it worth to me... For $200-ish maybe I can find an all black grill replacement?

All I want is for the chrome to be gone (all black would be fine with me) and to find a proper sized, quality red H for the grill. Someone please find me a suitable red H for my grill...?

Old 07-31-2018, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
If I can wrap, you can wrap (I have very little talent)

buy a small sample on ebay and give it a whirl.

here is the seller I went through, I purchased vvivid gloss black for my roof, vvivid tech art cf for my hood, and recently .... vvivid gloss white for my exterior ... I hear white fit's are the best

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VViViD-Whit...72.m2749.l2649

Old 08-04-2018, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member
On another note, in my build thread you had mentioned an interest in replacing the dummy lights on the hatch with some RS LED tail lights, but they were really expensive. Have you ruled out a set of these? I like the idea of making those fake lights functional, and I like the idea of those lights having brake and turn signal lights; and for $100...?

Old 08-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Rick,

i checked them them out but got scared off by reviews. Not for these lights in particular, but from the company selling them here: Install Honda FIT LED Rear Pillar Light Tail Light JDM

im just worried they won’t hold up. I don’t like the idea of replacing a part of my car with what I know is an inferior product. I bet they would look great for a while tho. Overall I’m pretty happy with the look I have on the rear.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:13 PM
Installed red leg nuts today. I was able to find some ball seat ones on eBay. As expected they’re going to lose their finish as they are used, but as of now they look good. Ones I purchased are here:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F221767464214

Not sure how how I feel about the look. I will wait to receive the center caps before I pass judgement. Right now the chrome H center cap definitely looks out of place. If the red is too much, I might just paint the chrome black. I’ll update when I receive the caps. The ones I purchased are from here: K-MOTOR 58MM CENTER CAPS HUB CRV CIVIC,ACCORD, ODYSSEY PILOT FOR HONDA WHEELS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079BW4C3Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_u0LzBbB333EE4

Old 08-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Pre ordered the Morimoto Xb LED headlight assemblies from The Retrofit Source. Estimated ship date 8/20-8/22. They confirmed they are modified to their specs for LHD markets, so there is a difference between these units and the CoPlus units.

5 year warranty that covers the whole assembly for leaks and everything, so I took the plunge. I’ll just keep my OEM lights in storage.

I also installed black wheel locks (gorilla locks, see UnFitRicks thread). I tried some red lug nuts but the finish was wearing fast and it was just too much red for me. Black lugs with the chrome emblem looks fine. I plan to wash her up and take some nice pics once the head lights arrive and get installed.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Additionally the center caps I ordered do not fit the fit. Diameter is correct but the clips are set to engage at a shallower depth. No bueno.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Additionally the center caps I ordered do not fit the fit. Diameter is correct but the clips are set to engage at a shallower depth. No bueno.
Sorry to hear that. Were they the same caps I am using?

Old 08-15-2018, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by UnFitRick
Sorry to hear that. Were they the same caps I am using?
No sir, I went with these:
Amazon Amazon

Looking at the picture now it is obvious they wouldn't fit, but for the price I gave it a shot. Quality wasn't horrendous or anything. The finish is good, just won't work.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
Pre ordered the Morimoto Xb LED headlight assemblies from The Retrofit Source.
I'm very curious about these. Particularly in terms of light output. While they also look really cool, please take some good output comparison pics.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:42 PM

Shined her pics and swiped my wife’s iPhone X to try to get some decent pics. Hard to catch the sideskirts not in a shadow.

Nothing planned until headlights arrive in October. Just enjoying driving her daily.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Lovely pictures.

Quick Reply: Helios Boring Build Thread