Air Conditioning Disaster - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Old 07-13-2018, 11:13 AM

Unhappy Air Conditioning Disaster

My 2008 Honda Fit Sport is experiencing issues running the air conditioning, and I'm not sure what steps to take next.

The AC won't run under hot/humid conditions and often will only run when the car has come to a rest.

Here's what has been checked, rechecked, and verified.

-blower motor relay inspected
-entire system checked for leads
-new condenser fan relay
-new compressor clutch relay
-new pressure switch
-system completely evacuated
-new freon installed with close to optimal pressure levels

The AC will run cold for a few minutes, then shuts off. I don't know what to do next in this troubleshooting escapade. AC experts out there: what's your advice?
Old 07-13-2018, 04:21 PM

Does your condenser fan spin when you turn on your AC?
Old 07-13-2018, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member

Besides making sure your auxiliary fan is coming on I would have the shop double check the pressure. These smaller systems seem to be picky about having the exact right amount of refrigerant/pressure.

Just to be certain of what you're saying...has the system been vacuumed down and then refilled with the correct amount of refrigerant and oil by a reputable shop?